Starting Cambridge in Jan - looking for friends!

cakefoot

Hi everyone,

I'm new on here today and looking for inspiration, support and to offer support back

I'm starting the Cambridge diet (1st consultation is on Jan 3rd 2013) to finally lose the weight. I've been on so many different dieters over the years including WW, slimming world and my fitness pal. I've had success and I've had heartbreak when the weight has come back on. Two of my friends have lost a combined weight of nearly 9 stone on the cambridge this year and have kept if off so I'm going to put my all into it.

Is anyone else starting the Cambridge in Jan or can offer me any tips or advice?

Thanks everyone
Jen x:)

Hello :)
Merry crimbo. I started Cambridge yesterday and would love to offer you with support and inspiration when you begun the plan. I have 9kg to lose by 2nd feb for my wedding.
Best wishes

Hi Jen,

I plan to start on 1st of Jan. I have my first meeting with a consultant on Saturday. Have you met with yours yet?

I plan on starting on the sole Source (3 sachets). I'm hoping to lose 5stone by May.
(I currently weigh 14st 2lb)
How about you, have you set yourself a target?

I'm starting on 31st so excited! (A first!) second time for me on cd and lost 2 stone in under 2 months all but 12lb of it is on again after pure greed but I guess not too bad over 4 years! I'm 13st and would like to 10.7st. (5ft6") size 14. I prey I can do it!! Good luck, we can do it!!! Xx

I'm starting cambridge on 3rd too. My first appointment is Wednesday night. Nervous much!

I've never tried cambridge before but I would like to lose 5st.... A lot I know. I'd love to lose it by the end of May if I could but don't know if that's unrealistic and too hard / pressure...

xx

Hi everyone,

Sorry fo the late reply but it's been a hectic week!

Well tonight is the night of the first consultation . . . I've been really excited about it but today I feel really tired and sluggish so I'm really hoping my consultant is lovely and gives me some motivation! I really don't want to start tomorrow on a negative thought - so time to buck up and be posistive !

I know a little about the diet and my worries are not having milk (I love red milk and drink a pint a day, plus I'm a tea addict and have about 6-8 cups daily so dreading having it black) and also, not having alcohol . . . It's not so much the getting drunk but the thought of missing out on nights out as I honestly don't think I'll be so much fun without a little tipple.

Weddingdieter - how are you getting on? Have you had a weigh a weigh in yet? How have you found the first couple of weeks?
Sarah & Moona - how is your first week going?
Rebekah - good luck for tonight - let me know how it goes

Hope you are all well - new year: new us!

Jen xx

Hi Jen,
It has been ok over the past few weeks as I haven't been following the diet strictly because of the holiday season. According to my scales I have lost 3kg in two weeks but my propper weigh in with the consultant is tomorrow so I will see as there may be a variation.
Switching from white or rose wine to red has helped me to monitor my alcohol consumption more closely. I do know what you mean about having a little tipple as I enjoy a glass of wine too.
It's really all about your state of mind and positive thinking as I think sometimes I can convince myself I am hungry when I am not. I also used to drink a lot of tea and coffee and love my milk. Switching to black coffee with sweetener and flavoured teas has been bearable though.
Wishing you the best of luck and look forward to hearing news of your great losses.
All the best
Wedding dieter xxx

Hi Jen,

I good luck for tonight! I have my consultation also tonight and am dreading getting on the scales but also really exited to be starting Cambridge! I did it last year from end Jan to end April and lost 4 stone, I had previously lost 3 stone on WW and Slimming World! I have however put on I think about a stone since about September so am looking forward to losing this and finally getting to my goal!

I started this morning and am one milkshake down as I had some left over from last time!

I am also a lover of tea and cant seem to drink it black but really like the water flavouring which was my saviour last time!

I found that the first few days were difficult but after about 4 days I really was not hungry and loved the weight loss.

I would like to wish you luck for your journey and maybe we can help each other through the journey!

All the best Theresa x

Hello and best of luck :) xx

Hi

I'm hoping to start the cambridge diet on Friday as I'd really like to lose weight, I hope I manage to stick to it and lose the amount of weight I'd like to lose.

Hi I started back on diet slim and save yesterday how u all doing?? I am finding it hard tonight x

Hi gee-ebo. I start Exante on Monday. Guess you are at about the hardest stage- I'm dreading the 3/4/5 day stage waiting for ketosis to kick in. Stick with it! You must be almost there! Let us know what it's like on the other side :)

ExanteDreamer - are you an experienced Exante-er? If so, what's it like? Mine should be delivered tomorrow.

ExanteDreamer - are you an experienced Exante-er? If so, what's it like? Mine should be delivered tomorrow.

Hiya :) No not really, I did dabble with Exante last year but only for 3 weeks, actually 18 days. I bought a small pack from Ebay and was doing very well but the shakes ran out after day 18 and we were in finantial difficulties so couldnt afford more! My experience of Exante was good though, in those 8 days i lost over a stone, and after 2 days it just got easy like a habbit. Im back now much heavier than before and doing it properly with a few months supply ready! Im currently on Day 3 of Exante and Ketosis has kicked in, Iv had a dark reading this morning from the Ketostix yay. That will be why im not feeling hungry :) The first night, i did fall asleep at 8pm, so i guess it made me tired. Other than that i think aslong as you really want it and have the will power then you can sail through it and we can all help eachother, good luck :) xx

Thanks for that. I know I have the willpower, I feel so determined, can't wait to start on Monday. Sounds like pretty significant weight loss- once that starts there will be no stopping us! Good luck -onwards and downwards!

Hi everyone!
I hope you are all well and having a good week :)
Well, I thought I'd let you know how I got on last night as it was my first consultation on the cambridge diet. Firstly, my consultant is lovely - she explained everything really well and answered all my questions - I was with her for 2 hours as we just kept chatting away! She explained that as I am 5ft8in I have to have 4 meals per day instead of 3 which I am a little worried that means I won't lose the weight as quickly if I was to only have 3 but she says to trust her and I musn't skip any . . .
I've gone for a mixture of shakes, soups and porridge. So far today I had a shake for breakfast and a shake just now for lunch. I'm 1.5lites of water down and I've had 5 additional cups of black tea which means I need the restroom like every half hour!! Felt a little dizzy about 11ish but drank lots of water and it passed within a couple of minutes.

Theresa - how did your consultation go last night?
Weddingdieter - congratulations on your 3kg loss - you are doing fab!

How is everyone else doing?

Also, my weight really suprised my consultant - I weigh a lot more than I look apparently! I'm currently a size 14-16 but weighed in at 19st3.25lb last night and she was very shocked as thought I'd weigh alot less (I wish!!!) With this in mind I should weigh between 9.5-11stones but my consultant has said to aim for 13st as she thinks a 10stone seems alot for me - I did like that she said we can review the 13st target and if it feels too high when we get there we can reduce it down . . .

Still can't get 10stone out of my mind though - it sounds like an awful lot !!

Jen xx

18 days i meant to say not 8 lol. Im sure you will do well! That surge of determination feels great doesnt it. Fells good being in 'the zone' and focussed, Here's to a slimmer 2013 for us all :) xx

Hi Jen,

Your consultant sounds lovely. I have had the dizziness also mid morning and found that taking deep breaths and avoiding sudden movements can help.

Thanks for the encouragement. On my CDC scales I have only lost 1.8kg over Xmas and NY. Better than nothing though I suppose.

Look forward to heating your progress.

Wedding dieter xxx

Morning!

I spent loads of time with my consultant too. Really friendly and helpful.

Yesterday was my first day on the plan I did ok. Porridge for breakfast (that will take a bit of getting used too) strawberry ready made shake for lunch and hot choc mint for dinner. I managed just over 3l of water and I was the same needing the toilet every other minute.

One thing though I had a horrendous headache! I ended up putting myself to bed just before 8pm...

This morning I'm on maple and peacon porridge, it's a little better...

How is everyone else?? xx

Back