Starting diet tomorrow!

5sttogo

Hi all i am starting the diet tomorrow well prob sat as i am meeting my counsellor tomorrow. I am nervous i was losing weight on slimmm shakes but without the weekly weigh in i was struggling. I read today a lady died doing lighter life so i am a bit worried of the health issues that can arise from vlcd. That being said i have a bmi of 38 so weight loss has to be good for me I am also desperate to have a second child i have been trying for 3 and a half years and had one m/c in that time.
I would be good to hear from anyone starting soon too or for similar reasons i cant post in ttc forum yet as have to little posts.
Thanks for reading!
Sam xx

Hello. Been on ss for 9 days now. Good luck in your journey. Just keep remembering why your doing this type of diet and look to the future. I found my first 3 days hard but now feel quite good. What plan do you reckon youll start on?

I think i will start on SS as i am just under the 40 bmi at 38 but i am not sure until tomorrow, how much have you lost so far? xx

Sorry for slow reply. I had my first weigh in on Tuesday and lost 10 pounds. Was so shocked as I didn't feel any different and thought I hadn't lost anything :D but it was a nice surprice. I'm hoping to loose a minimum of 4 pounds this week so that I can make it a stone.

Hi Sam,

I seem to remember that the reason the person died was because they drank a huge amount of water in one go. LL does advise drinking 4l water per day but it needs to be spread out.
u
I started ss last day in Jan with bmi 40 & it's now just over 30. Reason for weight loss was to ttc number 1. I still want to lose another 4 stone but my Dr has okayed me to start trying at this weight. However, both her & cd head office advised being on 810/1000 if actively ttc. I'm sure there have been lots of people who've caught on ss, but I'm kind of glad of the break now!

The diet can be hard but it's so worth it. I never thought in January that I'd be in this position now.

Hello, I'm starting SS as well. Was meant to start this week but it's my birthday etc so going to start tomorrow or maybe Monday so I can get right into it.

Good luck :) x

amazing weight loss annieannie and ellis44! The girl i was taking about is another in yesterdays paper she had been on ll 10 weeks and she had a heart attack coroner said he could not be sure but it is a possibility the diet weakened her heart which caused a heart attack. It was scary she had same name and stats! especially when its the day i start to look at vlcd :/ but hey i have to lose it i will just make sure i get check at the docs regularly xx

Just drink all the water. Remember that the meals give you all the nutrients. And if you aren't comfortable on ss then move up the steps. Plus you won't be on this for the rest of your life. You'll learn how to eat and live properly. My dad lost ten stone doing this went from 24 to 14. That was 4 years ago and he has kept it off and lives really healthily.

Thats really encouraging and amazing good on him i want to lose six stone even though i know it will put me at the high end of healthy but i have been that weight before and was very boney due to my build i have no desire to be model thin just healthy and be able to get fit without every bone in my body aching from the pressure of the extra weight i hold! I think i will be ok got a doctors appointment about my fertility issues on thursday so i will tell her then that i have started it xx

been to my consultant she seemed nice im a bit miffed though she measured me and said my waist is 50" i cant see how this could be as it was measured a few weeks ago at 43" when i was heavier seems odd? She said were you breathing in? i was like no!! anyhow suppose it does not matter :(

Hi all i am starting the diet tomorrow well prob sat as i am meeting my counsellor tomorrow. I am nervous i was losing weight on slimmm shakes but without the weekly weigh in i was struggling. I read today a lady died doing lighter life so i am a bit worried of the health issues that can arise from vlcd. That being said i have a bmi of 38 so weight loss has to be good for me I am also desperate to have a second child i have been trying for 3 and a half years and had one m/c in that time.
I would be good to hear from anyone starting soon too or for similar reasons i cant post in ttc forum yet as have to little posts.
Thanks for reading!
Sam xx

Hi hun, I started on tuesday at lunchtime - its been hard but ive dropped 10lb already and that has given me the boost to continue. BMI was very similar to yours too. I've never stuck to any diet for even a day before so honestly if I can do it so can you! Good luck for the weightloss and ttc huni xxx

Hi Sam,

I seem to remember that the reason the person died was because they drank a huge amount of water in one go. LL does advise drinking 4l water per day but it needs to be spread out.
u
I started ss last day in Jan with bmi 40 & it's now just over 30. Reason for weight loss was to ttc number 1. I still want to lose another 4 stone but my Dr has okayed me to start trying at this weight. However, both her & cd head office advised being on 810/1000 if actively ttc. I'm sure there have been lots of people who've caught on ss, but I'm kind of glad of the break now!

The diet can be hard but it's so worth it. I never thought in January that I'd be in this position now.

Good luck ttc to you too huni xxx

Thanks hunny that sounds encouraging :) I am just in kirkcaldy so not far away from you! we can do it! 10lb is extremely impressive if i get that off by next week i will be over the moon!! xx

Thanks hunny that sounds encouraging :) I am just in kirkcaldy so not far away from you! we can do it! 10lb is extremely impressive if i get that off by next week i will be over the moon!! xx

all 3 of my babies were born in kdy :D xxx

oh and thanks a lot hun, told a few freinds about the 10lb and they just replied saying how dangerous it was :sigh: xx

I am not telling anyone apart from hubs but as far as i know losing weight quickly is no more dangerous and you are no more likely to pile it back on there was a study done lately! you be proud i will keep you up to date weigh in next friday, I still dont think my waist is 50" i wear a 20/22 if i had a 50" waist it would mean i was a size 32 lol xx

LOL, I cant even remember what mine measured now! I think it 43 or something like that, really want to eat tonight and I just feel miserable. Always seem to cope during the day whereas night times are so hard! xx

mmm i think this is where i may slip up too i will just make my self lots of iced americanos lol love them its my go to when i am out and everyone is having frappe and cakes too, might be a bit hyper from the coffee though lol xx

I was worried about the evenings but I've saved one of my shakes as im four a day for when id normally snack. Worked so far

I was worried about the evenings but I've saved one of my shakes as im four a day for when id normally snack. Worked so far

Good idea hun, I got really grumpy before but luckily still had my tea time shake to have so just took that with a pint of water. Full to the brim now lol xxx

Back