starting fresh today and struggling already

tanya12

so its not even past day 1 and im struggling i have got to day 3 a couple times over the last few months but keep giving up after day3 wich is silly really as id just be going into keto then :sigh: so i have decided to come on here and try the diet 1 last time with the support of this site and all of you as i keep trying to do it on my own n getting nowhere.

i am sad to say i have nearly put on all the weight i lost a year ago and am now back to a size where i absolutley hate my own reflection.

Anny ideas on how to get through these hunger pains? ive already had my eggs today and 2 packs and some celery so cant really have anything els or can i?
im drinking alot of water too girls n still hungery lol hate the first week on this but love the resluts

Hi Tanya12

The first week is awful but the rewards are so worth it. Try sparkling water it may make you feel fuller, I love a can or bottle of coke zero with my dinner it really fills me for the evening. I find I feel the hunger worse if I'm sitting at home bored!

Now I haven't tried this but I did read somewhere if you snap an elastic band on your wrist when you feel hunger it's supposed to distract you!! Sound funny but worth a try if you're struggling.

Best of luck, really hope you stay strong ;)

hey Tanya,
when ever I restart I always low carb for the first 3 days , maybe try that just to get you into ketosis?
I aim to have below 1200 cals and less than 60ish g of carbs and it realy does make it so easier .
After that you will most likely be in ketosis and can just enjoy the packs and the weightloss without the pain.
Best of luck
Jo x

thanks very much ladies i will continue on i think this first week is going to be about early nights and work work work so im not at home thinking to much id love to start back at the gym as that keeps me focused but i know i cant do that till i been on diet a few weeks.
thanks again x

Hun you need to have your packs for starters. Or did I missread, 2 packs & eggs? You need 3 & protein

To fill up
Water
Zero
Peppermint tea/hot drinks

Snack
Cut up veggies
Protein - split your protein up -- then you have some to snack and some add to a pack to bulk

Make your meals huge and filling(veg, protein, make the pack longer to fill you up) the first week back on plan, once ketosis hits the hunger will pass

Hope thus helps Xx

you could have some sugar free jelly, but only hartleys sugar free sachets i think it is, they come in a pack of 2, and you can have half of one of those sachets x

ooh jelly?! I might have to get some

thanks for your tips peopple :)
so im on day 2 i know sad that im bragging about being on day 2 lol but i really didnt feel like id get past last night, ive had eggs a litre water and some cellery so far oh and a wafer. hope it starts to get easier soon.

Tanya, It gets so much easier!!! And I am even finding it easy to resist things when I am offered, ie biscuits and cakes etc. I think the key is to focus on what you want.

Remember back to last year, shopping and happily trying on clothes and buying things. I have avoided shopping for ages, and now even with my relatively small loss, I went to a shop yesterday and bought something a size smaller than I normally have too!! Made me smile and focused me on the goal!! :)

Tanya, It gets so much easier!!! And I am even finding it easy to resist things when I am offered, ie biscuits and cakes etc. I think the key is to focus on what you want.

Remember back to last year, shopping and happily trying on clothes and buying things. I have avoided shopping for ages, and now even with my relatively small loss, I went to a shop yesterday and bought something a size smaller than I normally have too!! Made me smile and focused me on the goal!! :)
thanks loopy i really need a kick up t he but sometimes lol i m through day 2 anyway so hoping to get into keto soon enough

thanks again

just looked at ur lossed bloody amazing in 2 weeks

Tanya, Its such a buzz when you get on the scales!! You can achieve big too! Everyone looses at different rates though. some people have lost more than me!! But I just think, how else could I loose so much?!?!?!?!?

Only on this! Im on week three, weigh in on Sunday and hoping for 3-4 lb loss again. Just stick with it chick as the next few days are the hardest. I swear by green tea, as I didn't get the hunger everyone raves about!!

Back