Starting lipotrim and came to say hi :-)

catty_1976

Hi there,

I hope I'm posting in the right place?? I'm planning on starting lipotrim on Thursday. I've spoken to the pharmacist and got some information from them, I thought the beat place to come was here with people who are going through the same journey as I will be.

I have about 4 stone to lose, I'm just over 5 foot and very unhappy with how I look and feel. I've tried all sorts of diets and failed every time after a week or so. I tried Cambridge last year but on day 3 was so weak and dizzy that I gave up. Can I expect to feel the same on LT and if so how long before it gets better? The pharmacy were quite negative about LT which I found odd as they are selling it lol!! But I desperately need to lose some weight and this seems like the only option I haven't tried. Is it really that hard and what if anything makes it easier.

Thanks to anyone who reads this and apologies if I'm in the wrong place

Many thanks,
Catherine xx

Hi Catherine...
Im now at the start of day 5 on LT and here is my experience so far (the honest one)
Day one - was easy until tea time when i was starving and a shake simply wasnt enough but i drunk it and just carried on with the water!!
Went to bed very very hungry.
Day two - Woke very weak and trembly but was determined to do it. Had planned a big shopping trip but glad i didnt as i was too weak. Really struggled to get through this day. Glad my husband was home with me as he wouldnt let me cheat even if i wanted to. :)
Day three - still very hungry but upped my water intake and managed to get through the day again. Went to bed feeling sick hungry.
Day four - Good day, think im getting into ketosis so dont feel as hungry, just drunk lots of water.
Start of day five - dont feel like a lead weight in bed like i have the last 3 mornings!!

The first 3 days are the worst and you have to be very strong willed to do it and get through them - in my opinion start on a friday then although the weekend will be a wash out, you can relax and not push yourself too much!!

Tips - have your shake later on in the morning (i have mine at about 10/10.30) so that you can have one about 8pm before you go to bed.
Get a jug of water and leave it in the fridge, measure it out so you know how much you need to drink - i usually try and finish what i have to as a minnimum by about 4/5pm then anything after that is a bonus (plus i dont have to drink too much then be getting up for a wee all night)
Im at the start of day 5 and am 6lb lighter..... i want more so am determined to carry on. Stick at it and you will do great!!
You need to have will power though, but if you have it you will succeed!!!

Hi Catherine and welcome. :)

Hi and thanks for your replies :). Katieg I value your honesty, I never even got into ketosis with cd last year, I don't want to do it all again and give up so I think Friday will be a better day to start as I do have plans that day that I can't change and I really don't want to br tired and dizzy if I've started the day before. I will just have to plan a lazy weekend lol. Good lick for your weigh in I will keep looking to see how youve done, 6pm is great :) x

I didnt feel like i was in ketosis until at least day 4 - if not this morning and i dont have access to the stix to check so im still not sure but im guessing i am from the fact that i dont feel hungry and have energy :)

Day 2 and 3 are the hardest and if you can push through those 2 days you will be flying!! You need the full support of your partner/friends in order to do it!! In my opinion if you get through day 3 you will sail through the next few days. Dont give up before you get into ketosis as those feelings/pain/hunger will subside when you do

When are you starting - did you say you had the stuff ready to go??

Katie

I was planning Thursday but after reading your post I think I will wait till Friday that way I won't have anything planned until Monday. I am going to get the "meals" the day before. I've got a bit of driving to do Friday so I probably am better off not starting thurs if I'm going to be shattered xx

It's going to be Hard as I'm on my own and initially dont intend to tell my friends until I get my head round it lol xx

Hi Catty, today is day 28 for me. Reading Katie's experiences just highlights how different this diet is for everyone. I have had no problems at all with feeling weak, not even at the start. Yes, I was a bit hungry on occasions during the first few days but usually about the time I was due a shake. If I wasn't due a shake I'd have a coffee with FibreClear to fill me up or water. Some people do have a hard time to start but many don't so it's not a foregone conclusion that you will feel lousy at the beginning. When I started, a month, which is what I'd committed to in my own mind as a minimum period to do the diet, seemed like a very long way off. Now, I can't believe how quickly it's gone. I'm about 25lbs down (weigh in tomorrow) and raring to go for the next month. Get through your first week's weigh in and you'll get loads of motivation. It does get easier, just like developing a habit. I started on a Monday as I find it easy to do this during the week and harder at weekends. Now, when the weekend comes around, I know that my Monday weigh in is looming which helps me stay strong as I have no desire to mess up a week's hard work. It's all very personal and you have to find what works for you. Log on here lots for advice, encouragement and inspiration and let us know how you're getting on. Good luck with it all.

I know what you mean, there is a bit of a stigma attatched to this diet, people think its crazy and will tell you its impossible to stick to BUT THEY HAVNT DONE IT. You should tell at least a girlfriend, someone who you can call in a crisis. (i.e if you feel the need to cheat or give up - call her. She needs to be someone who will force you through and not just say, oh well, i knew you couldnt do it etc)
Just one tip... if you have driving to do, make sure you try and get it done in the morning as come mid afternoon you wont be able to get off the toilet for a few hours. I reckon i visit the loo for a wee approx 6/7 times between 2pm and 6pm but thats just the water working its way through your body!!
Get yourself a shaker too, like a beaker with a grid type thing and a lid... makes it so much easer to make on the go.
Yesterday i went to my friends and stuffed the shake packed into the beaker with a straw and just filled it with water when i needed my shake!!

I hardly told anyone to start with that I was doing LT in case I got a negative reaction or if I didn't stick it I didn't want it to be just one more diet I'd failed at. My family (mother, sister etc) still don't know although I caught my sister glancing at my stomach the other day, which has definitely gone down, but she didn't say anything. I keep wearing loose tops and big cardis when I see people I haven't told but am planning the big reveal when I've dropped another stone.

Thanks again for the replies. Your right, everyones different and we will have our own experiences. I can only try my best and stay focused on the reasons I'm
Doing this. I have a million excuses for failing at other diets but the real one is I hide behind food, I have no commitment when it comes to diets and I kid myself that I don't look my weight lol bad isn't it!! I want to look good and feel good and need to accept that I can't gain that without sacrifice xx

Lots of luck on your journey to a new you. It is a different one for everyone. For myself, I found the first few days tough but kept busy and kept topping up on water. I dud get the odd dizzy spell and off days and indeed a few days where I felt I could not stand another shake. I kept in mind my goal and stuck with it for for about 29 weeks. The time really flies by and losses average at a stone a month.
Set some mini goals for yourself. It really helps to keep you motivated. Post a picture of yourself on the fridge. It can either be one of when you looked fab or indeed one of you looking at your heaviest. Both are strong motivators to jeep out of the fridge!!
Whilst on TFR do some strong thinking about food and your relationship with it. Once you finish TFR you cannot go back to the old ways. TFR is only one step in your route to a healthier lifestyle.
Get started, keep posting and keep busy.

Thanks, 29 weeks wow you must have been so motivated thats great, well done!! At the moment I'm struggling to see how I will get past the weekend. I really want to start on Thursday as after that I'm off work till the Monday but I know I have an appointment that will last hours on Friday and I'm concerned that like when I did cd I was so dizzy I couldn't Stand up on day 2 and had to eat lol. I'm weak aren't I :-S xx

Thks. But it got better day by day and the weekly weigh in really motivated me. I had plenty of dizzy spells too. Your body is learning to cope with a lot less calories. Get up a little more slowly. If you do feel dizzy just take a moment to get your bearings. Keep sipping water rather than glugging down large glasses at a time.
For your Friday meeting, can you take your shake and shaker with you and have your shake at some point. I had lots of long days and must admit to going from morning till evening on lots if herbal teas and black coffee. If you keep you fluids up you will be alright till you get home. Have a shake when you get in and another later on. Xx M

Hi that's a good idea I think I will so that, that way I can start while I'm at work on Thursday and will be on day 5 by time I go back there :) well hopefully I will lol. Thanks for the advice xx

Hiya and welcome to LT.

I just wanted to add another bit of advise based on my own experience. Don't drink your first shake until you really feel you have to (if its possible), that way it makes the time between shakes much less and in the beginning when your hungry it really helps to know you only have say 4hrs to wait rather than 7 til your next shake!

Best of luck starting!

I agree compleatly with that last post... i will have a large glass of water when i get up and leave it until around 10.30 if i can to have my first shake. I start wanting to have my next shake at around 1.30pm but leave it until about 3pm. Then my last one i will wait until about 8pm to have, that way i go to bed feeling satisfied rather than hungry again!! I set myself mini goals before i can have my shakes... last night was clean and put fresh bedding on before my evening shake!!!

Good luck!! :)

Best of luck with it. I found the first few days very hard, I started on a Sunday and that night I was wishing I'd waited until Monday as I smelt my husband's lovely dinner!!! But there would have been something else on Monday.....
On Wednesday, I'd have fought with myself - day 4 for me. And I woke up Thursday morning full of the joys of life and full of energy. I did this once before and it was the very same - I seemed a day later than everyone else to get that bounce. It's hard to believe you will get a surge of energy when you're depleting your body of calories - but you do get it. I go home at night now raring to take the mutt for a walk (guess who loves me being on this program)
And yes I did do it before and got great results and left it all slide. I finished it late in the year, Christmas came and I enjoyed it and put on a few pounds and instead of dealing with them, I kept on going and put on a few more and then had a stressful period at work and put on a few more and still lots of my clothes fitted me and people complemented me and I ignored what the scales was telling me and then one day I'd put on a few stone and then it seems too much to deal with and on and on it goes. I've done this with other diets before and I keep telling myself I need to deal with the first 1/2 stone I put on - not the last one!!!!!!
At the end of the day, the maintenance isn't that different to what any other diet says - you need to take in less calories that you need to loose more and just what you need to maintain.

By the way, I never told anyone I was doing it, other than my husband - and I never told anyone afterwards how I lost the weight - but that's just me.
If you do go down that route, remember you're going to have to be inventive with excuses about days out and meeting for lunch and calling to people. The hardest one for me was the last time when I was out for a day with mother and sister and stayed overnight at home - I had to grab my breakfast toast and take it back upstairs as if I'd forgetten something, then hide it in my overnight bag!!! And later when we stopped for an early lunch (packed), I said I'd keep mine til later as I was eating healthily and wasn't eating between meals - later on I came back to the car and took 2 sandwiches and hid them in my handbag (not that either would have counted!!). The mutt had a great night that night with hidden food.
I know this must sound utterly bizzare, but you "fail to plan and you plan to fail" is never more true than for this program - and planning involves thinking ahead how you "lie" to those closest to you.

Awww, that sounds like hard work but fun at the same time lol.
I have told quite a few people that im doing the diet, friends and family so there are no temptantions put in front of me. In my opinion, the more people know and are watching me the more i will succeed as i dont want to be looked on as ive failed. But everyone is different!!
Well done for not eating that toast though, i cant promise i would have been able to resist!!!
Im currently trying to avoid places where there are temptations, like the shopping malls as its too easy to slip and think about having a fast food meal!!
Anyway.... you seem to be doing really well on the diet so well done and good luck x

hi Catherine
I've just started on LT. Today was my first day. Good luck.
Rosary

Back