Starting Monday! Excited!

Tessieg1

Silver Member
Good afternoon all,

I was browsing Minimins the other day and stumbled onto this forum. I've read some of the diaries and posts and the more I read the more excited I became. I'd never heard of JuDDD before, but it seems to be a really great diet to follow. I've done a bit of research into it as well over the last day or so, and I've decided to give it a go. I'm planning on starting with a DD on Monday. Wish me luck!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Teresa. I've been on countless diets, namely LL, CD, SW, WW, etc. I've managed to lose a few pounds, but really slowly. I have an underactive thyroid and find it really difficult to lose weight. I would then become disheartened, demotivated and ultimately give up.

Over the last few weeks I've done a lot of soul-searching and I have been looking for a diet that I would be able to follow without becoming bored and that would fit into my lifestyle. I must say, I believe that JUDDD could be just that. I do not have the book, as money is a bit tight at the moment, but I'm going to do Monday, Wednesday and Fridays as DD's and the rest updays with 500/2000. It's going to be trial and error, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

I'm going to a wedding in 6 weeks time and I really don't want to be the weight I am now. I just feel fat and frumpy at the moment. My little girl, who is 4 asked me "why are you so fat, mummy?" and it nearly broke my heart. She was just being a kid and honest, but as they say: truth hurts. I'm losing weight for me, for my health and to be a good rolemodel for my beautiful little girl.

I look forward to your support in my journey. I've noticed a few familiar names/faces on here from my days on the CD forum too.

Sorry for the essay. :eek: Hope you all have a lovely weekend. x

Hey Hun, I remember you from Cd :), I'm coming to JUDDD in 2 weeks time, just finishing my vlcd supply as a detox. JUDDD is a great diet as even when you don't see results in the scales, your body is still definitely changing.

Just love that Juddd is a plan for life and a doable plan too

Good luck with your start on Monday :D xxx

Hi Tess. Glad to see you posting here. JUDDD is excellent coz even if you don't lose weight quickly your body shape changes much more quickly. Last time I weighed this much I was a size 20 but am now a size 16. So measure yourself too as the inches go quicker. Good luck. X

Hey Hun, I remember you from Cd :), I'm coming to JUDDD in 2 weeks time, just finishing my vlcd supply as a detox. JUDDD is a great diet as even when you don't see results in the scales, your body is still definitely changing.

Just love that Juddd is a plan for life and a doable plan too

Good luck with your start on Monday :D xxx

Hello Dappy! Lovely to hear from you! I remember you from CD too! How are you? I look forward to following your journey on JUDDD too.

Have a good weekend. :) xx

Hi Tess. Glad to see you posting here. JUDDD is excellent coz even if you don't lose weight quickly your body shape changes much more quickly. Last time I weighed this much I was a size 20 but am now a size 16. So measure yourself too as the inches go quicker. Good luck. X

Hi Greeneyes, lovely to hear from you too. I will definitely keep that in mind and I'm going to take measurements before I start and at every weigh in.

I'm feeling more positive than I've felt in a long time! :-D

Have a great weekend. :) xx

Hi and welcome , don't worry about not having the book, its an interesting read but you know all you need to know, your plan sounds perfect. All you need to remember is to do your very best to stick to 500 or under , don't forget to include your milk if you are a tea/coffee drinker ;), and to enjoy your UP days don't worry about calorie counting too much especially at first just eat well until satisfied but don't intentionally overeat, give it at least 4 weeks as your body needs to adjust and find a pattern that suits you. Also dig out some clothes that are too small and try them on in a few weeks time , you will be very surprised, you do lose weight on Juddd of course you do I was 13 4 when I started Juddd and am now 11 13 but the bizarre thing is I am so much smaller at this weight than I was when I was lighter after doing a VLCD.
The trick is not to overthink it, the rules are simple don't feel guilty about enjoying your UP days its what makes this plan doable longterm, I am on week 21 and am still loving every moment. Good luck and I am sure you will do just fine xx

Oh girls you have me blushing now lol xx

Hi Tess

I'm also starting JUDD on Monday :) Really looking forward to it. I've following a VLCD for the last 10 weeks and i now that i only have 5 more pounds to go so moving onto JUDD to lose the rest and also get rid of some more inches. I've not got the book either. Got all the info from the website. I've gone for the 30% weight loss which gives me 638cals on a DD and 2125 on an UD.

Really looking forward to reading about your successes.

Hello everyone, thank you so much for your replies and advice. I already feel at home on this forum. Have a great day.xx

Hi Tess, You & I have a similar weight loss journey to complete I've been doing it for about 5 weeks & have lost 11lbs..and I have to say once you get used to being really strict on the DD its easy! I can see myself for the first time in years being able to keep to this for the months/years that I will need to to get to a healthy BMI....mainly because I get to legally "break my diet" and have forbidden foods 4 days a week. At first I could not believe that I would actually lose weight doing it, but I have & I do LOL!!! Good Luck for Monday!

Hello Jilly, thank you for your message. I am a bit nervous about the DD's but excited too. Not quite sure what to eat and drink, but I'm going to have a look through the forum to get some ideas. Good luck on your journey too. 11lbs is really great. I'm hoping to say that I've lost that much soon too. :)

First thing is to decide how you are going to eat. Some people fast all day and have a normal healthy evening meal, I can't manage that so I fast until around 12pm and then have some soup (homemade around 50-80 calories depending on how greedy I am with it) and then an evening meal, others eat three small meals. You'll probably have to see whats what on Monday, it took me three weeks to do a full three DDs in a week so don't be disheartened if it takes a while to settle in. You will in all probability lose less scale weight than on VLCD but it'll all be fat and so you'll feel slimmer and clothes will fit you better.

Sam

Last edited:
Hi Sam, thank you very much for the advice. I bought some WW soup at 87kcal this evening, so just need to work out what else to have. I have downloaded my Fitness Pal app too, so feeling a bit more prepared. :)

So, I'm all set for my first DD tomorrow. I've got all my food worked out and ready too. Really excited and nervous. Can't wait for the diet to start working for me too. Sleep well, all. :) x

So, I'm all set for my first DD tomorrow. I've got all my food worked out and ready too. Really excited and nervous. Can't wait for the diet to start working for me too. Sleep well, all. :) x

Hiya,

Good Luck today, Hope you have a good dd and least you know if it feels too hard just one more sleep and it's an up day:D xx

Thanks Dappy and Emily. Not too bad so far, just a little dizzy. Hope you have a good day.x

Back