Starting on Monday........ but starting what?

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
Hi all,

I 've probably been on the longest self destructing binge yet.... but I'm ready to get back on the wagon, but if there is one thing this website has pointed out to me there are SO MANY DIETS!!

I am drawn to atkins, because of the fast results and basically because I'm a cheese addict, so any diet that lets you eat 4 oz of cheddar a day has got to be a winner in my book.....

however,

i do quite fancy the idea of a slimming club too.... slimming world just does my head in it's so confusing, if i were to lose any weight on that diet it'd be cos i was too afraid to eat anything or couldn't be bothered looking it up everytime i put a morcel in my mouth... so i'm thinking weight watchers or atkins, weight watchers is a bit more like normal eating but slower results and atkins will let me have my little binges but there are many, many banned foods - foods that i love....

What are your opinions?

SORRY NOT MUCH HELP HERE, apart from i feel exactly the sam, want to get back on the diet bandwagon before i put weight back on but no idea what to do!! hope u find what your looking for! good luck
nic x

well i've done weight watchers and loved it!!!results are slow but you'll never be hungry:)

Hi It is really difficult deciding what to do I agree. I decided to try Atkins for 2 weeks and see what happened. I was a bit worried due to the lack of pasta, but really I knew that it was likely that my massive pasta portions weren't helping. I bought the Atkins book and read as I started the diet and used the stickies in the Atkins forum to help me. You can see my losses from my signature, after 2 weeks I was convinced this diet would work. I won't lie the first week isn't easy, but I think changing your habits isn't easy anyway, but you may get symptoms whilst getting your body into ketosis (fat burning) but many on the boards have managed. You said you get quick results from Atkins, it is true that initially people often see big losses but the weightloss will and should slow down. Also be aware that you will still be eating carbs but mainly in the form of green leafy vegetables (I eat more veg now than I used to!).
So have a look at the atkins boards, ask questions if you want, many people do before making their decision. It really is up to you, I just wanted to say that as a former over 17 stone potato and pasta addict I have now lost 30lb and love the way I eat now.
Good luck with whatever you decide x

Hi It is really difficult deciding what to do I agree. I decided to try Atkins for 2 weeks and see what happened. I was a bit worried due to the lack of pasta, but really I knew that it was likely that my massive pasta portions weren't helping. I bought the Atkins book and read as I started the diet and used the stickies in the Atkins forum to help me. You can see my losses from my signature, after 2 weeks I was convinced this diet would work. I won't lie the first week isn't easy, but I think changing your habits isn't easy anyway, but you may get symptoms whilst getting your body into ketosis (fat burning) but many on the boards have managed. You said you get quick results from Atkins, it is true that initially people often see big losses but the weightloss will and should slow down. Also be aware that you will still be eating carbs but mainly in the form of green leafy vegetables (I eat more veg now than I used to!).
So have a look at the atkins boards, ask questions if you want, many people do before making their decision. It really is up to you, I just wanted to say that as a former over 17 stone potato and pasta addict I have now lost 30lb and love the way I eat now.
Good luck with whatever you decide x

Thanks Cokes! I had decided to try atkins then wondered if i could actually afford it ,.... you see if i was on it i'd be eating packs of smoked ham instead of crisps and whole packets of bacon instead of bacon butties :D so then i thought - i will do weight watchers because it's the closest to "normal eating".......but then.........i eat crap!! And if i was merely counting points and/or calories i swear i'd still be eating the same crap only attempting to eat less of said crap.....

If i were on atkins i'd have less choice i suppose, but all the veggies i like are the ones full of carbs lol.......who would have thought it??? I'm still being a carb fiend even when i'm eating healthily!!! I'm in such a dilemma :sigh:

one thing i DO know is that i need to get hooked on the gym again......and i'm worried the atkins flu is going to affect my job aswell as i had something similar when i tried exante total solution - i felt like CRAP!! Ironically if i had just kept going i would have felt great but i dunno if i could go thru five days like that again...

Hi the Atkins flu can be hard. Some people suggest starting on a friday (if you don't work weekends) to get most of it out of the way when not at work. With the affordability factor I actually find I spend the same to a little less than I used to. Purely because the processed food I used to eat really added up. Things like mince that you buy you get the cheap fatty mince as fat helps in the atkins and I buy cheap cuts of chicken like asda smartprice, and iceland do a huge bag of chicken portions for £3 which last me ages. Also you tend to find that you snack less on Atkins as protein fills you up quickly. I'm not trying to convert you I promise just trying to answer some of your dilemmas. Weighwatchers is a good plan too, it also seems well balenced, I have done it before but haven't stuck to it as long as this plan. I don't know whether that it just down to my will power being different or what. But personally for me I am enjoying this plan. Don't get me wrong I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times but with this I have always wanted to get back on it. The appeal of a big juicy steak has its advantages, lol x

i've been doing weightwatchers for a few months now. started off doing slimming world but found it too restrictive. i love the pro points plan. you can eat whatever you want, just point it and thats all there is to it. it is slow, and that really annoys me lol, but it's coming off. I find that i had to change my exercise from walking to an aerobic dvd and am starting the 30 day shred tomorrow YIKES!!!!

Back