Starting over

Hello. I'm new to MiniMins..joined tonight. And joined slimming world 2 1/2 weeks ago. I'm looking for some added support on my weight loss. I lost 3 stone 2 yrs ago but with my poor body image I never really saw a difference, although everyone else could. So winter came, I gave up on running and Healthy eating and piled it ALL BACK ON. So I joined slimming world, took before pics and feel like I have loads more self confidence in this now. Hoping to meet some great inspirational people/friends here. And this will be the kick in the ** that I have needed for awhile now.!

Hi :) How have you got on so far in this first few weeks?

Taking pictures is a good idea, we're always hardest on ourselves and don't notice the changes so being able to put pics side by side is really useful.

Keep that motivation up! :)

Hi. It's been ok. Today a bit difficult I desperately want cake ! Lol. Yeah, I did take pics. Before and the one at 10 pounds lost. I'm overly critical of myself and obsess about the number on the scale. If I could I'd,weigh daily but that's not healthy. Work was very stressful today (ICU vet nurse) so I think the cake wanting is comfort eating. Thanks for the motivation :)

Did you have the cake in the end? I can imagine that is a stressful job, I don't think I'd stop eating! But no, weighing daily isn't healthy and did you know your body can fluctuate by 2lb a day depending on time etc so it's not brilliantly accurate. Keep going, it'll all pay off :)

Well... Yeah. I had a slice in the end. Not a large one had some one else cut me a "taster" slice I called it lol. I felt fine about it. Thought been on SW for 3 weeks or so and no treat, and life deserves treats. It was the additional crunchie bar I had at home that was a poor choice. Think I'm a sweet food aholic. I can never have one, I indulge. But work stress isn't helping and I need to find a coping mechanism better than cake because work will always be stressful and I will never be able to change that. I'm on my 3rd 13 hr shift today then a shorter day tomorrow then off 2 weeks!! My son (16) is having his 2nd surgery Thursday and just need to concentrate on that. ( my other source of stress) he broke both wrists Nov 2015 in pe class and one still isn't healed. Ok, babble over off to work to help these poor animals that are in such distress. Have a great day !! :)

Lol there's nothing wrong with a taster slice! You're like me, once I have something sweet I just have to have more and more! I'm trying a kind of cold turkey approach at the minute, it's very difficult, and today will be hard because it's somebody's birthday in the office so there will be lots of tasty cakes about! Arrrrggghhh!!!!!

How do you break both wrists in PE?? I knew there's a reason I didn't participate at school haha.

They were told to run backwards as a warm up. Take a bunch of gangly teenage boys and run backwards. What could possibly go wrong?! He tripped and put his arms outstretched behind him to fall. Tada! 2 broken wrists, an X-ray Mri ct scan , 2 casts and one surgery later and here we are. He's 6ft 2in, that's a lot of height to fall with. We get loads of biscuits and sweets at work. Hate it now. But so far I've been good with that.

I do log in daily with my SW online food planner. But find it really tedious deconstructing a recipes to its last pepper or onion. I would like to log a food diary. Wouldn't start til Thursday or Friday when I start with the weeks fresh menu Ida's. Thanks :)

Back