Starting Slimming World Tomorrow... but I have a question about plain yoghurt...

Unholy

I'm finally starting slimming world, properly, thanks to having someone to go with (which means I actually have to go, no excuses!).

Anyway I'm pretty sure I won't ask much for a couple of weeks but I was hoping someone on here could help me out
:sign0009:

I notice that fat free natural yoghurt is used a lot in recipes and for sauces etc... my problem is I can't stand natural yoghurt
:yuk: Is there an alternative to this? Has anyone tried substituting a vanilla yoghurt (if there are any free ones, so many contradictions about those too), or would that be odd?

I use quark in recipes instead of yogurt, good luck xx

Thank you :)

I've tried quark before, it's a bit too tangy for me, tried some fromage frais and it's much better than natural yogurt, so I'll probably stick with that

I know what you mean about the 'edge' to natural yoghurt (and to a lesser extent Quark) - I get around it by sweetening it myself (I use my normal sweetex tablets that I use in tea/coffee) before using it even in savoury recipes. Just experiment a bit until you find a flavour balance that you like but that still works in savoury recipes :)

Back