Starting the Dukan diet tomorrow

chelseaharvey

Hi everyone

I am starting this tomorrow I no of a few people that have done it/stuck to it & have seen some brilliant weight losses

I'm getting married in 14 weeks with final dress fitting in 10 weeks so want to lose as much s possible by then.

I'm starting this diet at 11st 9lbs & want to be 9st - 9st 6lbs

I'm just writing my shopping list out now. I have downloaded the Dukan diet recipe book onto my iPhone but I think I'm going to need to buy it I think because of the recipes I can fold the pages down of the ones I like

I'm quite a fussy eater so I no I'm going to struggle with this until I get my head around it & am going to need to try to keep ahead of myself in my ideas of what I'm eating for my meals.

How has everyone got on with this?
How long did you do the attack phase for? It says 3 days for me but I'm going to try to do it for 6

Hiya and good luck for tomorrow and on your forthcoming wedding! I started the diet last Monday and up until today have lost 6 lbs. I'm doing the Attack for 10 days as I want to lose 3 st if possible. Pls beware and do not eat Philly extra low fat cream cheese although it;s on the unlimited foods. I ate it and during my week gained 2lbs but then lost them when the peeps on here told me its a no no. Have a good week, Saska x

Hi Saska

How have you found it what have you been typically eating for your meals?
Have you felt like you were struggling?

Thanks for the tip on the Philly a friend said to use it as I don't like quark

Hi, good luck with ur weightloss, u can do it! Like u said u just gotta get ur head around it and I remember its overwhelming at the start as its all new. But it changes the way u view food, it becomes a fuel, attack is to start ur weightloss but not for long term, do whats recommended by Dr Dukan (his website works it all out for u if u havent done that already) the CRUISE phase is where u loose, all u have to remember is eat plenty of protein, spice it up a little! Drink plenty of water and do some exercise. Simples! Attack is very samey so by time u get to the end u cant believe how fab veg tastes! Just ask if u want help there are plenty of us on here to advise u ;-)
ps.I dont like quark but u dont taste it if u mix it (or fat free fromais frais or fat free yoghurt) with mustard/spices/sweetner or use it to make the muffins which in my opinion are lovely.

Hello and welcome, how excited you will be on your big day having lost all that weight, you will feel a million dollars and will have the picture as proof FOREVER!!
I would say this diet is probably the easiest I have followed in my entire life, is clear and you can see what you can and cannot have. Read as many threads on here there's great advise on what foods or better still ask questions, everyone is friendly and usually someone is around to answer you. Stick with lumps of meat and cook them yourself rather than buying pre packed meats, they often contain hidden extras. Quark taste wonderful sweetened and mixed with a bit of yoghurt so its not as solid. I also love it mixed with a yolk sweetener and some finely chopped up dill. The dukan bread is lovely once you are out of attack, the muffins filling and satisfying and once in ketosis you will not feel hungry which is the real blessing of this diet. Good luck you can do this, think of that fabulous bride you will be !!

Hi Saska

How have you found it what have you been typically eating for your meals?
Have you felt like you were struggling?

Thanks for the tip on the Philly a friend said to use it as I don't like quark

Good luck for today!

I've had my breakfast yogurt with oat bran and a cuppa. I went on the scales this morning and this is day 8 of the diet and I'm on the protein only days and have lost 8lbs and that was including the 2lbs I put on eating that darn cheese! I have found it dead easy tbh. We BBQ over the weekend and I ate two delicious filet steaks....just small steaks but soooo tender. I didn't miss any veg and just drank water which was a bit sad but still it's not forever. I have a salmon steak for tonight which I will bake in foil in the oven. Lunch will be some left over chicken from the one I roasted yesterday. I'm not craving foods like I was when eating all those carbs....yes I'm guilty of being a carb junkie lol!! Take it easy, day by day and once you see the lbs start to fall away you will see yourself in that gorgeous wedding dress. Have a great day, Saska x

Hi. I gave started today. We both have similar starting weights and goals. I am going on holiday in 6 weeks and need to lose as much as I can to have a hope of getting into my summer clothes. How have you found it so far? I have been ok. The Web site gave me an attack of 4 days. I love my veg but am not craving it yet. I have saved my gallette for dinner so I have something to eat with my chicken x

Hi Chelsea,
During my attack phase i found that the main thing to crack is seasoning or dressing your meals well. One of my fave meals on attack was turkey kofta with a minted yogurt (home-made with FF natural yogurt, fresh mint leave finely chopped and a tsp of sweetener) if you can prepare it in advance it will taste a million times better as the flavours will infuse.
I was forever googling "dukan attack recipes" which offered tonnes of inspiration.
Good luck for your journey ahead and keep us posted on your success!

Chelsea....hi....how's it going? Just thinking of you and hope all's going well. Saska x

Hi guys!

I need advice!!! I'm currently on weight watchers but in 8 weeks I have only lost 3 and a half pound!! So annoying! I keep getting told it must be muscle!!!
I tried Dukan before and lost weight but got bored, I think I need to do something to the protein to make it a little less boring!!

Can I use quark in the attach phase?

Attack phase= meat, eggs, chicken and fish? That right?
Please help!!

Chelsea, you're quiet, how are you getting on?!

P x

Hiya I'm doing ok thanks. Day 4 under my belt. Yesterday was awful I was ready to throw in the towel (day 3) such bad headache, awful taste in my mouth & my OH mentioned a Chinese. Soo drained/tired as well. Today I feel fab though

I'm worrying I'm not eating enough but I don't feel hungry & drinking the 1,5 litres a day. I'm not a big drinker as it is so trying to remember to keep drinking, I'm wondering if this is going to stall the weight loss. I don't want to jus keep eating when I'm not hungry

Hiya I'm doing ok thanks. Day 4 under my belt. Yesterday was awful I was ready to throw in the towel (day 3) such bad headache, awful taste in my mouth & my OH mentioned a Chinese. Soo drained/tired as well. Today I feel fab though

I'm worrying I'm not eating enough but I don't feel hungry & drinking the 1,5 litres a day. I'm not a big drinker as it is so trying to remember to keep drinking, I'm wondering if this is going to stall the weight loss. I don't want to jus keep eating when I'm not hungry
MIGHT be an idea to post your daily menus with amounts so we can check out what you are eating and maybe offer some other suggestions - also worth giving the quark a go with sweetener etc as I don't like it without! Mind you I also love cooking with it and it makes a great sauce with different flavourings added in or as an alternative to sour cream with chilli!!
Looks like you have made a good start - day three on attack was terrible for me too but it's just your body crying out for some carbs!!! Stay strong and keep eating protein!

After 5 days on it I lost 7lbs SO CHUFFED

I'm planning on carrying on the attack stage until Monday then it would have been 7 days I would have been on it

I am looking forward to being able to eat veg etc & need to experiment with meals as I'm going to get bored. Need to read the next stage of the book ie the cruise stage I know I stay on it until I get to goal weight & I no what I can eat but I'm sure I read Sk where you mix it between protein days only & veg/salad & protein!.

Back