Starting the journey for the last time!

Rhianny2244

Hi everyone!
my name is Rhian and I have started SW today to really get myself in hand. I am now the heaviest I have ever been at over fourteen stone so I need to really give myself a kick up the bum! I am aiming to be around the ten stone mark and I am hoping to lose around 1 lb a week. I know this isn't alot but it means I am not putting myself under any pressure and will be delighted with any loss that I achieve. I think this is where I have went wrong in the past - I expected too much from myself so not this time!
I am not attending a class as money is very tight just now but me, my mum and sister signed up online so we will make the most of that! It is really great having the rest of the household eating the same way as we can all support each other!

well here is today's food diary - please comment with any hints or tips!

breakfast:
2x poached eggs, 2x bacon (all fat removed) cooked in fry light (Free)
Bowl of ststrawberries (free)
lunch:
baked potato and large salad (free)
30g cheddar (hexa)
2tsp lighter butter (3)
snack:
1 slice wholemeal bread (hexb)
1 dairylea light triangle (1.5)
tea with dash of ss milk (0.5)
banana (free)
dinner:
beef, roast potatos in fry light, swede, maungetout, sweetcorn, cabbage (free)
gravy (1.5)

so I have had 6.5 syns so far today. I might have a treat of a rocky at 5.5 later on depending on how I am feeling but only if I really need it!
well that's me for now! Will update tomorrow!
Rhian xxx

Well this is day 2 and it has went great I think!
i will get my food diary out of the way first I think...
Breakfast:
2 egg omelette with 2x bacon, onion, mushrooms (0)
Lunch:
Chicken and sweetcorn mugshot (0)
2x wholemeal bread (small loaf hexb)
Turkey, lettuce, carrot, spring onion (0)
2x dairylea light triangle (hexa)
Apple (0)
Dinner:Ainsley Harriett cous cous (2)
Red pepper, onion (0)
Old El Paso fajita powder (1)

So I have only had three syns so far today which means I have a lovely little treat to look forward to later on :)
i have found today really simple and easy to get through. I have only one problem...my sister.
the reason me, my mum and her started slimming world is because she was becoming increasingly depressed about her weight until last week she broke down in front of us crying. Enough was enough so we all decided we would begin this journey together and support each other. Well yesterday was fine...however today was a different story.
Instead of having wraps tonight with my fajita chicken I decided to go for the cous cous stuffed pepper. My mum and sister however did not agree. Fair enough my mum only had one so that fell within her syns...however my sister had two and also put in two table spoons of sour cream dip...and home made guacamole!!! The only reason the guacamole was made was for my brother who is not dieting and I told her the sun value before she ate it and yet she continued to do it anyway!
i really felt like the diet police...maybe I shouldn't have went on at her but its to support her that we are doing this! It is so frustrating that she is only two days in and yet she obviously already can't be bothered! All in all she had over 28syns in only that one meal! I don't know what else she has had today! Ahhhhhhhhh!
I really don't know what to do. I know what she is like. She got really defensive saying "I don't care. I can eat what I want. Just shut up. It has nothing to do with you." Well actually I think you will find it does! It would have been so so simple for her not to have had it...but no.
Well I think I need to go away and calm down a little bit...

rhian x

She will get there when she is ready. One day it will click for her. Until then, nothing you cam do sweet. My friend was the same, I spent weeks trying to persuade her but no. Then one day, she joined. 3 weeks in and she is half stone down and so motivated. Just keep schtum and be ready and waiting for her when that magic click happens xx

Thanks for the reply!
i know you are completely right. I shouldn't have kept going on at her because it will make no difference unless she is ready herself.
i just hope the realisation comes sooner rather than later for her sake!
rhian x

Well I haven't updated for a few days as I have been ridiculously busy but I have managed to lose 5lbs this week! I am so so happy with this and hope to do well this week!
rhian

Well I haven't updated for a few days as I have been ridiculously busy but I have managed to lose 5lbs this week! I am so so happy with this and hope to do well this week!
rhian

Fantastic! Well done you! How's the sis?

Thank you so much! Things aren't going great with my sister to be honest. She is still eating a SW dinner but that's purely because I do all of the cooking so she has no choice but the rest of the day is swiftly falling by the wayside. She keeps saying she will be back to it on Monday...but I have taken your advice and will just take it as it comes and let her do her own thing. She was really supportive of my weight loss though which was nice. My mum is also doing really well on SW so I am hopin great will encourage her to stick to it.

well yesterday I went off plan pretty badly as I was going to babysit for my cousin. For some reason because I hadn't planned every bit of food I was going to consume it suddenly mean to me that I could eat what I liked...hmm. I swiftly need to change that. I didn't do too badly in the scheme of things really though to be honest. I had no syns at all during the day, however I had pizza and garlic bread and crisps in the evening...but it could have been much much worse. I am actually so proud of myself though because instead of completely falling off of the bandwagon like I usually do, when I got up thi s morning I made sure to count up all of the syns I had eaten and started the day afresh. This has never happened to me before! I am an all or nothing type of person so when I fall apart I REALLY fall apart. By that's why I am really loving SW. It's a lifestyle change. I can still go and enjoy these foods and get right back to my plan the next meal.
it is quite empowering in a way!
so I won't expect another five pound loss this week but whatever the scale says I will take it in my stride and know what has happened and that I haven't lied to myself about it.
here is to the next few days!
rhian x

Try not to let your sisters weight loss be your concern. Keep to your eating plan, perhaps when she sees how well you will be doing she will take things more seriously. Sometimes you neeed t put yourself first xx

Try not to let your sisters weight loss be your concern. Keep to your eating plan, perhaps when she sees how well you will be doing she will take things more seriously. Sometimes you neeed t put yourself first xx
Thanks for your advice! Your completely right! I need to just let her get there in her own time and think about myself instead. She will get there when she is ready :)
x

Hi everyone!
well as you can see from my signature i have lost another pound this week which I am very happy with! 6 in two weeks is very good going for me! And the biggest surprise is that I am just as motivated as I was before...that never happens after a one pound loss!
I just feel that this is the best way of eating for me. I feel healthier, fuller and full of motivation to do well every day. I also know that is I maybe have a few 'naughty' things that I can get straight back to plan for the next meal and that it doesn't have to ruin everything I have worked hard for. I still want to have a life and go out with friends and go to restaurants so all I need to do is make the best of what I have in front of me and there is always something healthier that what I used to eat...so that is a bonus in my book!
hope everyone is doing well this week and best of luck of rthe coming days and weigh ins!
rhian x

Thank you so much! Things aren't going great with my sister to be honest. She is still eating a SW dinner but that's purely because I do all of the cooking so she has no choice but the rest of the day is swiftly falling by the wayside. She keeps saying she will be back to it on Monday...but I have taken your advice and will just take it as it comes and let her do her own thing. She was really supportive of my weight loss though which was nice. My mum is also doing really well on SW so I am hopin great will encourage her to stick to it.

well yesterday I went off plan pretty badly as I was going to babysit for my cousin. For some reason because I hadn't planned every bit of food I was going to consume it suddenly mean to me that I could eat what I liked...hmm. I swiftly need to change that. I didn't do too badly in the scheme of things really though to be honest. I had no syns at all during the day, however I had pizza and garlic bread and crisps in the evening...but it could have been much much worse. I am actually so proud of myself though because instead of completely falling off of the bandwagon like I usually do, when I got up thi s morning I made sure to count up all of the syns I had eaten and started the day afresh. This has never happened to me before! I am an all or nothing type of person so when I fall apart I REALLY fall apart. By that's why I am really loving SW. It's a lifestyle change. I can still go and enjoy these foods and get right back to my plan the next meal.
it is quite empowering in a way!
so I won't expect another five pound loss this week but whatever the scale says I will take it in my stride and know what has happened and that I haven't lied to myself about it.
here is to the next few days!
rhian x

Wow reading your diary is just like reading about myself I started slimming world from home about 7 weeks ago now weighing 14 stone I now weigh 12 stone 12lb and am feeling sooo motivated my target weight is also 10 stone I am gonna be following your journey x

Thank you so much! It's so inspiring knowin that someone who was roughly the same weight as me can do so well in only seven weeks! I hope I can do half as well as that! I am still feeling as motivated as I was at the very beginning of my journey so I hope it lasts for a good while yet!
rhian x

I followed slimming world before and lost four stone but after having my little boy four years ago and a constant battle with depression it crept back on but I'm feeling better about myself and ready to tackle my weight journey once again I have tried several times to get back on it but my heart just wasn't in it but now for me the time is right x

That's brilliant you are in the right mind frame to get started! You really need to be in the right place to get going. I weigh in on a Monday morning which really keeps me in line over the weekends I think...I can't binge is I want a good result ha.
i was actually out at nandos tonight for the very first time and my goodness it was delicious for the syns!
me and two friends shared a whole chicken and I had spicy rice and corn on the cob. I think it would officially be roughly 6.5syns for it all but I will count 9 just in case!
When do you weigh in?
X

Well today is a wee quick update to sayi have achieved my half stone award today!! And I am also now into the 13's! Woohoo!
I was hoping to lose more than one pound again this week but I said at the beginning that that's all I was aiming for so I can't really be anything but happy! And it averages out as just over 2lbs a week so that's promising! I have also been out a awful lot recently so I think even a pound is great news!
feeling really motivated to begin this week and get into the 12's!
rhian x

Well I am so excited to say that I managed to lose 4lbs this week! I can't believe it! I am now only 3lbs away from my stone award! The only thing I did differently this week was make sure that I ate my dinners earlier in the evening than I usually did...and apparently it has worked...so maybe there is something to the old saying of "don't eat after six pm" !
i hope equine else has had a good week!
rhian x

Back