Starting to get bored Of taste

Willbeyummy

Getting fed up of soups shakes and porridges iv had every one now and its just routine nothing really grabs me anymore :/ and i feel hungry yet iv never cheated bar robbing a crisp a few week ago and spitting it out lol! Feel like i need a new taste :/ x

try a different flavour next time or mix two together. use mousse. add a bar. cook a pack into a muffin or make crisps with your soup!

make jelly from water, mix a mousse and water flavouring.

make your shakes hot.

make them very cold

have a frozen tetra (ice cream)

loads of ideas! :)

Tried crisps and muffin didnt work lol! I have a shake first thing so wouldnt want it warm plus i wasnt keen when i tried it last time, whats mix a mouse? Not had a tetra before x

I only have 2 flavours & try to think of it as medicine more than something to enjoy. But I know what you mean. I often dip a teaspoon in water & dip it into the orange water flavouring, it's very sour & refreshing. Oh & I used to add half a tsp of fruits of forest to choc shake & mix with small bit of water to make a paste. Can eat it like this or mould in to small pieces & freeze into chocolates. Good luck :)

What do u do when you have prozen it? Do u eat it frozen lol ? X

Hi hun, I know how you feel. The only flavour I can stomach is the chocolate shake and I can only have that hot. I also like to freeze the chocolate tetras and have them as ice cream, but that depends on the weather. What I'm trying to do is focus on my thoughts and feelings around food rather that how it tastes. I guess I'm trying to make myself indifferent to the taste of food so I can only associate food with actual hunger rather than with taste. I'm thinking it as 'eat to live' rather than 'live to eat'. I hope you find a way to keep the diet more interesting for you. I think there's a thread on how to experiment with the sachets and you could search the forums for any other suggestions. xxx

I haven't got to the stage if not enjoying the products

But with the porridge have u tried adding mixed spices I.e cinnamon ?

Willbeyummy said:
Tried crisps and muffin didnt work lol! I have a shake first thing so wouldnt want it warm plus i wasnt keen when i tried it last time, whats mix a mouse? Not had a tetra before x

Mix a mousse is something you can buy from your CDC. It changes packs into mousses!

When you do the muffins you need to use a tommee tippee baby cup (cheap to buy). It rises in these and doesn't stick. You need to experiment on 'cooking times' to suit your microwave.

Have you tried mixing shakes with black coffee? I find the chocolate ones, vanilla and cappuchino ones work really well.

I also add tabasco to my soups, and fresh herbs eg coriander, parsley, chives etc to give them a bit of flavour.

You could add cinnamon and powdered ginger or nutmeg to the porridges for variety too.

I know you're not really supposed to freeze tetras or make muffins/crisps as it damages the nutritional value of the products but if its a choice between doing that and giving up or eating something 'off diet' then I say go for it.

Im going to try putting things in the porridges but i like them anyway lol! I put herbs in my soups will experiment with shakes :) x

great things said:
When you do the muffins you need to use a tommee tippee baby cup (cheap to buy). It rises in these and doesn't stick. You need to experiment on 'cooking times' to suit your microwave.

Hi there, could you describe how you make the muffins please xx

Back