Starting to understand why I am fat lol

MummyEm

Slowly but surely!
Its horrible I have just thrown away so much food, cooked a roast for kids as I still wanted them to eat well and left some for their dad, they never finish their dinners and to be honest id 9 times out of 10 help them :ashamed0005: But today obviously I threw it all away I also realised how much I actually cook! Most the time its only me and the kids and they are only toddlers! I cook so much more than I need to. Its nice im seeing these things hopefully after LT that will change!

hiya hun this diet is quite an eye opener hopefully when we've reached our targets things will change we will realise that we only need to cook what we will eat or get into the habit that anyleftovrs are bagged and frozen for another meal

I dont know how long you intend to stay on lt but i'm sure there'll be mor revelations to come
keep strong and focused

MummyEm - I think it's good for all of us on LT to be realising things like that.

I have so much respect for you for even cooking a roast!

I feel really fortunate that i live on my own and don't have to cater for anyone else, i don't think i'd be able to manage having a fridge and cupboard full of food!!

MummyEm - I think it's good for all of us on LT to be realising things like that.

I have so much respect for you for even cooking a roast!

I feel really fortunate that i live on my own and don't have to cater for anyone else, i don't think i'd be able to manage having a fridge and cupboard full of food!!

I have found it hard cooking everyday but the silly thing is the only thing I really miss so far is Brocoli lol

I was looking after my niece for a while yesterday and cooked her some dinner (she is nearly a year old). When i putting together her potatoes, chicken and gravy i realised how much i actually pick at food. I had to stop myself picking and tasting her food while cooking it and knew it's something i always do. Makes you realise what you eat without even knowing it.

very true!! noticed that while staying with my friend this weekend. so many things i'd have just picked up to eat and i couldn't!

I have found it hard cooking everyday but the silly thing is the only thing I really miss so far is Brocoli lol

ha ha :D

I think this diet does highlight some of our bad habits. Really good to learn though and to put a stop to when we have reached our goal weight.

I also realise that I cook too much, portions are way too big and having watched other people, can see that I used to eat at anytime of the day and eat whatever I fancied. I really didn't seem to have a limit. Since not eating I have noticed how much food other people eat and it is all extras and not needed.

Another thing i noticed is the feeling of hunger! Before this diet i always thought i knew what is was to be hungry and then of course you ate to take it away. But now looking back i was soooo wrong! lol

Got to agree with you on that one! I think if I felt the slightest twinge I would think I'm hungry and eat to take it away. I was probably only needing some water cos I never drank enough of that either. Really going to try to keep up the water intake when I finish this!

Yes water definitely helps. I know on WW they used to go on and on about drinking water but i never drunk that much. I've had to build my water intake up over the last few days to get used to drinking it so much again (and getting used to running to the toilet every 5 mins! lol).

I used to have toast or something similar in the evenings before i went to bed as i thought i was hungry!

So pleased that this diet has made me see some of my eating problems! Too many takeaways to start with, portions that could feed 2 people, way too many snacks, not enough water and not doing any exercise. Just have to sort these probs out when I have reached my goal. A lot easier said than done but determined to crack them all!

I was the same as you. My portions were unbelieveable and oh take aways were a regular occurance for me. Oh and crisps are a big downfall for me, could eat a few packets one after the other! Jeez sounds sooo bad!

When you write down what you used to wrong, it does sound terrible. I used to eat 2 packs of crisps while cooking my tea. My meals were always full of calories and were huge.

I really look forward to eating fresh salads and cooking healthy meals.

Can't wait to get to target!

Me and my sister were saying the same thing the other day, if we wrote down what we ate we'd horrify ourselves.

Sometimes i used to eat just for the sake of eating, it was there so i could. Don't even taste what i'm eating.

When i get around 5 stone off (or however long i can do this for) i can't wait to start planning healthy meals that won't put on the weight and start exercising more.

Thanks all its nice to know im not alone, ive been watching you are what you eat back to back getting lots of ideas for when I refeed, im hoping she has a cook book out too lol

I totally understand ! I'm an emotional eater - well being honest - I would eat for any reason, happy, sad, upset etc. I think I mistook hunger for thirst and want to keep up the water when I finish.

I would snack all the time and if I was bored I would eat

Back