Starting today 22 July 2012

Sammeh

Silver Member
Hi everyone. Starting SS today. Already managed to drink a pint of water without realising it this morning - hopefully it will continue to be easy to have the water as I am not usually that good on water intake. Aiming to have 2 pints by lunch, 2 in the afternoon and maybe an additional one in the evening if I can face it.
Looking forward to trying the shakes and porridge...trying to leave "breakfast" for another hour or so though to spread then throughout the day.
Looking forward to getting to know you all on here.
Sammeh

Last edited:
Had the pecan porridge - wasnt too bad although by the end was beginning to taste a little bit nasty. Finished it off with a glass of water which helped a lot! 3 pints of water down already though but am now hank marvin!!!! If I can get to 3ish for shake number two then should be ok with number 3 this evening. Good news is I have spent 4 hours cleaning/bleaching floors etc and doing the laundry. Bad news is my back is killing me!!! Waiting for little girl to finish her lunch so can take her out to the park for a couple of hours...I assume that the whole counting down time til the next shake will stop at some point!

had mushroom soup for dinner and pleasantly surprised. Drank loads today and my mouth is really really dry - assume that is normal at the beginning though?
Ended up having to take cocodomol for my back though as it got so bad I couldn't actually move. So have also now managed all of the ironing to keep me busy and out of the kitchen.
Dinner time was a bit rough though so had to leave the room for 10 mins. Hopefully it will get a bit easier.
So off to bed nnw - made it through Day 1!!!
:D

thank you both! So it is the morning of day 2 - back is still very bad, could barely get out of bed so more pain killers - I guess at least it will take my mind off food!!! Luckily my desk is furthest away from the kitchen and the exit door at work so I guess once I am sat down that is where I shall stay - oh, except it is also furthest from the loo.....guess will have to see how that pans out!
I usually cycle to work and back so am hoping that will help to stretch out my back a bit. Also supposed to be going to double spin class tonight - that will be funny. My sister (who I go to the gym with) knows I am on this though and so she knows if I feel faint then I will stop but we shall see how we get on!
Had apple and cin porridge for breakie - wasn't too bad. Think I am just so grateful to have anything except water so it is all tasting good so far! Strawberry tetra for lunch/afternoon drink. Looking forward to my leek and potato soup for tea tonight - leek and pot is one of my fav ever soups so fingers crossed it wont be too far off the real deal!
Off to work now - have a good day everyone.
S

Hi

This is my first week too on SS. It weigh in day today i'm very nervous but also excited. I've stuck to it like glue so hopefully will see a good result. Found the first 3 days quite hard but after that it's been ok. I've stuck to shakes as I didnt get on with the soups.

L

Good luck for your weigh in Louiza - we are similar heights and starting weeights (I am a bit heavier mind!) so maybe our losses will also be similar!!! Can't wait to see how you get on - keep me posted!!

OMG - leek and potato soup is the best one yet!!! Day 2 almost done, few tummy rumbles this afternoon but had a coffee and that seemed to work. Double spin class tonight - made it through in one piece although will have to see whether can walk in the morning. Loads of water today as well. I seem to drink more in the morning than the afternoon though - not sure if that is to catch up following the nights sleep but easily managed to drink two pints and 3.5 litres of water plus 3 herbal teas and two black coffees. early night for me though tonight - aim is to keep busy and sleep lots this week so that it goes faster...82 days left to go!!!

Day 3. Feeling good so far this morning. Woke up really early and not aching too much after the gym last night although back still painful when I bend over.
Have had a large coffee, pint of water and plain porridge with some cinnamon in it. Was nice but might have to rethink the strategy of porridge every morning for breakkie! Banana bliss tetra for lunch today and butterscotch shake for dinner tonight. No one at work noticed I didnt have the usual carb infested lunch big enough for several rugby sized chaps!!! But with not eating, I started to notice just how much everyone eats throughout the day and I know I always snacked a lot more than the girls I sit next to - doesn't help they are all sizes 8 - 10 and can help themselves to anything!!!! Cycling into work and back again today as my exercise. Tues is my night off the gym so think might clear out a few kitchen cupboards to keep me busy after the little one goes to bed!
Husband is being very supportive at the moment and has agreed not to bring any wine, take aways or choc into the house for a few weeks until I get into the swing of this but I think we shall see how far that support goes when we hit the weekend!!!!!
Fingers crossed today is as good as yesterday!
S

Wow, thats brilliant - well done! I am hoping for 5 and will be thrilled with 7! Then hoping to average 3 a week. Have you picked up any of the porridge or soups for this week? Or are you sticking to shakes? There are so many to chose from I am just going to work my way through the list until I have tried them all and then can pick some favourites, hence why I am trying to keep track on here of what I had and whether or not they were ok!! Only exception is work - have to have tetras for lunch as can't take a whisk in to make up shakes or soup - plus i haven't told and have no desire to tell anyone at work what I am doing as I have tried and failed at so many diets since joining the company that I don't want anyone to judge and think this is just another fad and that in a month I will move onto something else and have gained it all back! So all they know is that i have cut out milk from my drinks, am not going to the cookie jar and going to the gym 5 nights a week.
Good luck with day 1 of week 2!!
S
x

Thanks I was so pleased. I was hoping for 4 or 5lb but got a surprise.
I'm sticking to the shakes. I tried a soup and really didnt like it. I'm surprised i've stuck to the shakes as normally I can't stand milkshake. I make mine in a smoothie maker with some ice. It makes such a difference they are so light and easy to drink (never any powdery bits) I have a carton at work for the same reasons as yourself (not told anyone)
Believe it or not but before the diets I was in the gym 3 to 4 times a week but all I wasn't losing weight I was just bulking up (muscle wise) So i've been advised to stay out the gym for a few weeks. So i'm just going to do some gentle exercise.
My favourite shakes are choc mint, choc orance and banana. I only like banana in the cartons.

L

Just tried the banana tetra for lunch - was really lovely, but then I am a big fan of all things banana flavoured!!! Problem with the tetras is that they are so small, they have only lasted me about 30 seconds!!!
Had choc orange on on Sunday - was nice but smelled even better - I left the glass on the table next to me all afternoon so could keep smelling it!!!
Just sat through a work meeting, table was all loaded up with lunch time goodies courtesy of M&S, I consumed about a litre of water to stave of the rumbly tummy, got back to my desk and literally inhaled the banana tetra!
More tea required now me thinks!!

Butterscotch for dinner tonight - it was also v lovely! So far there hasn't been a flavour that I cannot stomach which is a good sign! I know taste buds change during this so at some point I may just be completely sick of banana or something but so far a really good start I think! Cycled to work and back today. Got home to pick up a message from Hubby who was stuck in traffic, so had to get bike back out and go collect daughter - so all in all approx 8 miles cycled today - so much for a rest day!!! Went to the park when we all eventually got home, daughter finally now in bed and I can't be bothered to make a start on kitchen cupboards, they can always wait until later this week I suppose. SO that is day 3 done (more or less), hoping ketosis kicks in soon as tummy rumbles beginning to annoy!!

Oh good - on Day 4 today so hopefully today will see the last of them! Porridge again for breakie and get to try the choc tetra today - not keen on choc flavoured things normally so this one should be interesting!
Cycled to work again today. Have to collect daughter from nursery after work, deposit her at home and wait for Hubby to get in in case he gets stuck in traffic again and then cycle back to the gym as it is running training session tonight - my sis and I are going to be entering a 5k run shortly and there are these fortnightly sessions run at the gym by local running clubs to help fatties like me to figure out what we should be doing!!! Hoping to get to 2 miles tonight and then cycle home. Be in bed unable to move by 8.30 I reckon!!!
Hope you have a good day!
S

So, the tummy is making the most amazing gurgling noises - has been for the last couple of hours - good job the girls that sit near me are good fun to be with and are just laughing at me! Not sure why though. Not done anything different today than have been for last 3 days - water intake more or less the same!
Choc tetra for lunch - surprisingly nice after the first mouthful!!! Trying to make it last more than 30 seconds today by switching between it, water and mouthfuls of coffee - not sure I can make it stretch out for longer than 1 minute though!
I know that the packs you make up yourself need to be consumed within 15 minutes of making them up - is this the same for the tetras? Do you have to consume within 15 minutes of opening them?
Was supposed to be going to works Book Club this lunch time - they are taking the box of delivered food out to the courtyard of the local Cathedral for lunch today - I had to make an excuse not to be going as will power seems to be flagging a bit today and not sure I could resist the flat packed boxes of loveliness and pure heaven that the company pays to have delivered for book club members! So here I am, sat on my lonesome with a very small juice box instead!!! Just have to keep reminding myself that in the long run this is for the best and that when I am at goal, I will be able to indulge every now and then as hopefully at that stage I should learn to control eating habits and want the healthier options in any event!
Girl in the next door office has brought in home made goodies to celebrate her birthday and from past experience (with the excpetion of my sister who is fabulous maker of the cake products) is a brilliant baker - snuck a peek at the tower of products on offer but otherwise am now avoiding that spare desk out there!

Well, hopefully the afternoon will pass uneventfully - only two more days in the office and then first weigh in on Saturday morning (Day 6 for me as started on the Sunday instead of the Saturday - then will weigh every Saturday going forward).....this had better be worth it!!! LOL

Back