Starting Today and Confused

Hi all,

So I am starting my Exante journey today to a better healthier lifestyle. So some brief details about me. I am a man (though, some would argue that), 6 foot and weighing at 19 stones. I also have type 2 diabetes controlled by medication. My goal is to lose 6 stones and hopefully put the diabetes in remission.

So this morning I started the diet with the Exante porridge with a plan to have a shake for lunch and 1 of the Exante meals for dinner tonight. I am doing the 800 calorie plan. I had an answer to a previous question I asked which led to me reading some of the other posts. Now I am confused and hoping that you experts might be able to help clear the confusion.

As I said the plan is to start the day with porridge, shake and an Exante meal plus plenty of water and a boullion base drink. But, am I doing this wrong. Should I be having 4 shakes with water only instead or, 3 shakes/meal and “real food” from the man plan list?

Many thanks as usual.

Hi RedCar,
Sounds like you could be doing the Working Solution with 3 shakes and a meal under 800 calories...?? I am day 1 today TS - and it's been a while (4 years) since I last did a VLCD. I'm only going to have 3 shakes a day (4 if training). I'm sure someone with lots more knowledge will better answer soon ;)
Let's do this xx

Hi all,

So I am starting my Exante journey today to a better healthier lifestyle. So some brief details about me. I am a man (though, some would argue that), 6 foot and weighing at 19 stones. I also have type 2 diabetes controlled by medication. My goal is to lose 6 stones and hopefully put the diabetes in remission.

So this morning I started the diet with the Exante porridge with a plan to have a shake for lunch and 1 of the Exante meals for dinner tonight. I am doing the 800 calorie plan. I had an answer to a previous question I asked which led to me reading some of the other posts. Now I am confused and hoping that you experts might be able to help clear the confusion.

As I said the plan is to start the day with porridge, shake and an Exante meal plus plenty of water and a boullion base drink. But, am I doing this wrong. Should I be having 4 shakes with water only instead or, 3 shakes/meal and “real food” from the man plan list?

Many thanks as usual.

Hi Redcar,

Did you manage to sort out the confusion?

This is from their website:
MAN PLAN
"Each day you should consume around 200kcal of food in additional to your 3 food packs or consume a 4th Exante food pack.
If you are choosing the food option then you should aim to have no more than 10g of carbohydrates from your meal which should consist of a protein choice and vegetables from the food list below. These should be prepared without the use of oil/fat (Frylight or similar is acceptable). Find out more about ketosis. Click here.
In addition to 200kcal of food from the list below you may also have up to 100ml of semi skimmed milk."

And here is the food list: https://www.exantediet.com/diet-plans/man-plan-food-list.list

Best of luck! :)

Hi Ketoveggie,

From the great advice I got, I did sort out the confusion. As I want to kick start the diet, I am on 3 shakes per day only at the moment with plenty of water. After weigh in next Monday, I will if I am able to add a low calorie meal to the plan. Otherwise I will continue with shakes only.

Many thanks for the support.

Hi Ketoveggie,

From the great advice I got, I did sort out the confusion. As I want to kick start the diet, I am on 3 shakes per day only at the moment with plenty of water. After weigh in next Monday, I will if I am able to add a low calorie meal to the plan. Otherwise I will continue with shakes only.

Many thanks for the support.

Cool! Glad you're sorted.

You're doing same as me then. 3 shakes per day. :) I'm really having to force myself to keep upping my water intake, sure I'll get there in the end. :)

Back