Attack Starting today - wish me luck!!!

Susiepoos

Good Morning all - desperately need to do something about my weight as being overweight is making me ill now. Have done SW and WW is the past but I find both of them quite consticting really. I did Atkins years ago and lost quite a bit of weight but having read the Dukan book I'm hoping it's the way forward. Any tips and advice will be greatly recieved - need to go shopping this morning so what are the best yoghurts to buy?

Hiya Susiepoos my advice on yoghurts though i don't really eat them much would be the total 0% fat free ones and the greek fat free ones also I have had a muller light now and then vanilla flavour as they're fat free but i think quite high in sugar but the amount of sweetner i had to add to the greek yoghurts probably was about the same so it's up to you but it's ok for me if i have one now and then and hasn't affected my losses, also make sure you stock up on the meats you want, the drinks like diet coke, water, coffee, and oatbran and skimmed milk and you should be ok for attack and if you work or have places to go make sure you prepare your food in advance the night before as it isn't the easiest diet to find things on the go :) good luck I hope that helped Tamara x

hello and wlecome

Thanks Tamara for that. I've only just sat down to get something to eat because I had the dentist this morning and I am only just beginning to get the feeling back in my mouth!! I've just made some oatbran porridge with skimmed milk and a heaped teaspoon of Splenda - it actually tastes quite nice - is Splenda OK? Going to visit Costco tonight for meat supplies. Day 1 you're always full of confidence and enthusiasm - it's usually Day 3 I run into problems!!!

no problem :) yeah splenda's fine well as far as i know, aww i love oatbran porridge I have it every morning with skimmed milk and sweetener, around day 3 I suffered with a bit of light headedness and a headache 'the dukan flu' haha but if you suffer with any of the symptoms my advice is just to drink lots of water and get some rest as soon as you get onto cruise you'll be fine :)

hello and wlecome

Thanks Ellie for the warm welcome - have you lost all your weight on the Dukan diet? you've done so well - congratulations on such an amazing weight loss - I hope that I can do as well as you - what's your secret?

yeah i've lost 1st11lbs on Dukan and i started on the 3rd of July so 8 weeks ago today, I haven't really got any secrets I've just stuck to the plan and not cheated which is surprising but after getting through attack I was motivated to stay on course I have a diary on here if you want to have a look I found reading the diaries great motivation when I started and I still do :)

Welcome Susiepoos!

Just be careful when you're buying fat free yogurts that they're not really high in sugar instead. I tend to buy just plain fat free yogurt and add some artificial sweetener and a drop of vanilla.

My number one tip for Dukan would be buying some low fat cocoa powder (Tesco sell one: Tesco Everyday Value Cocoa 250G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries), and make chocolate Dukan porridge for breakfast!!! It's absolutely delicious, and my favourite meal of the day. You're allowed one teaspoon of low fat cocoa powder a day as a 'tolerated item'. I think we're allowed a maximum of 2 tolerated items a day, although Dr Dukan recommends cutting back on these if you're not losing weight.

Best of luck! :D

No tollerateds during th Attack stage though if u want to get off to a good start

Boy have I got a headache this morning!!!! Need to drink, drink and drink a bit more me thinks!!!!! Yesterday wasn't so bad - grazed on some prawns and had chicken for tea plus 3 cans of diet coke - plan to have the oatbran porridge, salmon and steak today, may have an egg as well!!!! Wish me luck x

Evening Susiepoo, hope the Dukan flu is passing, make sure you easy plenty of protein the more you eat the more you loose good luck x

It's been a bad day really as my headache is really bothering me - I'm prone to headaches anyway but I've taken every pain killer I've got plus litres of water, tea and coke and it just won't shift - I realise that it's due to the withdrawing of carbs but if I've still got it tomorrow I may have to have a banana or a piece of bread to try and stop it.

Food wise I've been OK - going to have steak and eggs now. Had some Total 0% yoghurt with a drop of vanilla essence and tsp of Splenda in it - yummy!! I could get used to that!!!

Hopefully it will have passed and you'll be able to see the full effect of attack x

the headache will pass as you say its the carbs etc leaving your body,

yes i lost all my weight on dukan :) ive put a wee bit on due to a holiday but i knopw if i get my head back into gear i can get it off again

ellie1969 said:
the headache will pass as you say its the carbs etc leaving your body,

yes i lost all my weight on dukan :) ive put a wee bit on due to a holiday but i knopw if i get my head back into gear i can get it off again

That gives me hope then that the plan does work - here goes Day 3!!!

Evening susiepoo, hope the heads cleared and day three has been a Dukan goodun x

sididd said:
Evening susiepoo, hope the heads cleared and day three has been a Dukan goodun x

Headaches gone thank goodness - couldn't have coped with that much longer!!! Had a very 'fishy' day

B: grilled salmon & poached egg
L: oatbran porridge made with skimmed milk
D: fish platter with smoked trout, anchovies & prawns
S: 0% total yoghurt with Splenda and drop of vanilla

2 cans caffeine free coke, 3 litres water and 3 mugs of tea with skimmed milk

So far so good!!!

Good menu x

Back