Starting today

loobypink

Hi, so i posted earlier but wanted to start a diary thread also...

So today i start at 11st 7 - the most i have EVER weighed - even whilst pregnant!! I have had NO self control for several months and hate feeling unfit and unhealthy.

My aim is to lose about 2 stone but also to get back to running - which i really miss - a knee injury stopped me and i'd like to build that back up slowly but surely.

So DD today and I have had:

Lots of water
Coffee with semi skimmed milk
A tassimo costa latte
An apple
Chicken breast with lettuce, tomatoes and a light dressing.

Totals 287 cals according to myfitnesspal - and will have a nice cup of tea later.

I'm going to try to keep cals to a min on my DD and then just eat healthily on my UD.... do you think this sounds ok? I want to alternate as far as poss but with the upcoming social events may find that some DDD will be needed...

Thanks for any input...

Sarah
XXXX

Hey Sarah and welcome to JUDDD

You sound like you've had a good first DD

I'm still pretty new to JUDDD myself, been doing it 10 weeks, so not the most experienced but I would just say even though you plan to keep the DD's lower, make sure to get as close to your UD allowance as possible. From the many threads I've read here and on another forum it seems to be all about the swing in calories between the DD's and UD's.

Hey Luv2Bslim...

Thanks for your reply - and I was wondering about the UP days and how close i should get to my calorie limit...just still feels 'wrong' to eat on a diet eh? But I'll try my bestest!!

I see you did s&s too - I piled on loads of weight after finishing this too...has put me off VLCD for life i think!

You are doing fantastically...all the diaries on here are inspiring...was meant to be working from home yesterday but found myself reading all the diaries on here instead...whoops!!

Thanks again for your reply - off for some breakfast now...what to have!!!???....

Sarah
XXXX

Good luck this diet is really fab - I too would recommend eating all your calories, makes the diet much easier to stick to and therefore more successful X

Hi All,

Quick update...well, yesterday was my UP day and I think i managed about 1800 cals...most of it in white bread i have to say!!

Late breakfast - 2 slices of toast with 'some' butter...
Lunch was 2 chocolate digestives..(ooops)
Tea was home made leek and potato soup with about 3 slices of bloomer bread with butter... I was podged after this!!

BUT...I get on the scales this morning (i don't normally weigh very often at all) and its showing 11 3 and a half...!!! Can that be right??!!! After two days i lose 4 and a half llbs...!!??? I do think though that my totm was the beginning of this week and so maybe i've shed some weight there but sooooooo encouraging!!

So I'm on a DD today and will prob do another 2moro...I have two heavy nights out this weekend!! If i even get to see Sunday it'll be a DD!!

Good luck everyone for today...I'm off to start on the water...so far I LOVE JUDDDERING.....!!:)

Sarah
XXXX

Hi,

DD today and found it ok, been a bit hungry but not too bad at all - i think, like many of us on here, that once you've done any length of time on a vlcd - sticking to 400ish calories is ok..ish!

I've also drunk loads of water.

So food diary for today is:

Coffee and lots of water from 7am to 12midday.
Lunch was a pot of fruit from M&S - very nice - 84 cals
Tea was a big salad with lean ham - about 170 cals according to MFP.

So about 305 cals in total - very happy with that.

Going to do another DD tomorrow as expecting a heavy weekend and so Fri and Sat def UP days.

Will be alternating properly once all the social xmas events are out of the way.

Good luck all - keep on juddding!

Brilliant start, well done!

I try not to think that I'm on a diet at all....and for 4 days a week I'm really not. It's certainly not like any other diet!

Hi,

hope you have all had a fab judddddieee day!! Well i've done a DDD with today being my second and it was ok, not too bad at all - i've not suffered at all with the headaches and light headedness I usually suffer when doing the dreaded vlcd!! But i am seriously looking forward to some proper grub 2moro!! Plus i have my works night out 2moro night so the wine will be flowing!! So I am on 2 UDD now.

Todays cals made up of

lunch - fruit
tea - small bowl rice krispies
coffee and milk and lots of water.
Totals 302 cals according to mfp so a very good dd.

I will be weighing in 2moro!! Hoping for some good encouragement!!!

Hope everyone is ok?

Take care all

Good morning all you juddders!!

Well since being awake since 5am - truly believe its this fab diet thats giving me loads of energy! I have just got up and weighed after two DD's.....and the scales say 11st 0.5....WHAAAAAAAATTTTT????!!!!!! Thats 6.5 lb since Monday...??!! I mean i know its after two DDs but how flippin encouraging is that?!! And I def feel 'slimmer' but then that will be due to the two DD i guess?

So am really happy...almost reluctant to eat today but it is my works xmas party so gonna save most of my cals for this evening with a 5 course meal and free wine i fully expect my cal count to go off the scale! BUT i am going to make wise choices when it comes to the food and wine and not go mad - just enjoy the evening - i really don't want to wake up 2moro feeling rubbish, especially as i have another night out 2moro night.

So the conclusion for my first 5 days?? I love it! I feel fab, full of energy and the scales are smiling at me this morning. I'm not going to weigh now until next Saturday morning which will be after my first proper week of alternating.

Have a fab day everyone.

Back