starting tomoro

Hi guys hope everyone is ok. Im planning in starting phase one tomorrow. Iv been debating with myself for the last few weeks about starting. shopping has been done now so no going back now!
is anyone else starting or still doin THD?
like many I have tried various things to shift weight, sw was the most successful to date but was only 1,5st. i find that my motivation and will power go awol after a bit. I have just started a new job where everyone is super slim so this is my motivation to start losing again. I have between three and four stone to lose. any tips or support would be greatly appreciated. xx

Good luck! Started myself last week, once my head was in the right place! Nice to know we are eating healthily, and losing weight!

All the very best of luck for your journey!

thank you! How did you find your first week?
ive quite enjoyed my first day with the food and the extra cooking. I do have a splitting headache tho. I am hoping I can do phase 1 for 2 -3 weeks but will see how I get on. x

Hello, I've been doing the Harcombe diet since Feb, but since May I haven't been doing very well. It's really nice to see other HDs on here and you maybe the inspiration I need to get back on track.......it's nice doing things together :)

The Harcombe threads are very quiet and think that is because there is a Harcombe Diet Club where members can get help and advice, but I chat to all sorts of ppl doing many varied diets! Lots of ppl seem to start THD, but they don't carry on posting!

I hope I don't turn out to be one of them lol. I'm hoping by writing on here it will keep me on the straight and narrow! Day two has gone well, major headache but think that's due to lack of diet pepsi! Had a sneaky peek at scales this morning and am 2.5lbs lighter than yday. I know its all water but brightened up my day! I need to get out of the daily scale hopping. How was your day been? X

I do think having a diary and even writing your daily intake down on here does help, tho I have yet to post what I'm eating as I am not eating properly as in following the HD rules at the moment tho I have just bought the "stop counting calories and start losing weight" recipe book and it has a brief run-down of the diet basics and over 250 receipes for all phases so looks good. I'm away at a Spa next week, so have promised myself that on 21 September I am back on phase 1. I am under a consultant at hospital and he has told me that he wants me down 5kgs next time he sees me which is on 31 Oct and currently I'm the same if not slightly heavier than the last time I was weighed, so have to get my act together. You are doing really well and the headache is caffeine withdrawal............does ease after about day 3-4ish

Aw im sure you will be fine. You did so well when you started im sure you will do the same again. How much have you lost in total on THD if you dont mind me asking?
Day three has gone well not been as tempted by naughty foods as normal. Im a food technology teacher so this is a huge achievement for me!! Lol. Thankfully I have had no headache either so it must be working. Im thinking ill stay on p1 til sunday. Have a relaxed day sunday,maybe p3 (its my little boys birthday party) then back on p1 monday for 7 days. How has your day been? X

So did the five days and lost 7-5lbs! So pleased. My other half obviously had to do better lol and he lost 12lbs!! Its such a great plan. Apart from the headaches at the beginning i have really enjoyed it. We are havin a weekend off now as its our little boys 2nd birthday and party but back on p1on monday. So chuffed!! X

I too think its a great plan and am going to start phase 1 on Friday.......its great having others on here doing the HD and supporting each other :) Hope you had a great weekend :)

Congrats on your weight losses :)

Hi. How have ur first few days back on phase 1 gone? Im going to go back onto p1 tuesday. There will be no family occasions for a while so hopefully going to do well on it. X

mmmmm, not going to plan.................cakes in the kitchen = downfall of phase 1, all I can do is restart tomorrow :( Had 3 good days and ruined it all today and no idea why, but I just had absolutely no willpower whilst yesterday easily walked away from cakes...............whats that all about?

Aw bless ya. Womans perogative! Lol. Im startin again tomoro so we can support each other on here if u like. I no the feelin with the cake. My house is full of bloody birthday cakes!! But i must be strong! X

We can be strong together, tho I failed again today :( cream cake in Greggs with my sons fiancee :doh:

Lol me too. Sodding birthdaycake! Defo back on it tomoro tho. 12/13 weeks til xmas so that could be about 1'5-2st before then! X

I like your thinking......says she who has just eaten 2 large tubes of love hearts.....love those along with Refreshers loll still a kid at heart :)

Back