Starting Tomorrow 16/07/12 - 5 1/2 Weeks To A New Me!

iwannabeslim1

I am starting this tomorrow (stuff due to arrive this afternoon) and am hoping to lose around 15lbs within the next 5-5 1/2 weeks as my big day is 5 weeks this saturday coming :)

I have been on/off Cambridge and Celebrity Slim for months and months and have lost about 2 1/2 stone so Im hoping to come to the end of my long journey soon.

I'm so annoyed at myself as this weekend I attended my cousins wedding, swore blind I wouldnt drink or touch carbs and what did I do, got totally bladdered followed by a carb heavy day yesterday feeling sorry for myself, grrrr and I put on 5lb for the privilege! I really have no willpower when tempted, and I was doing so well and now Im sat at my desk at work bursting out of my trousers it seems and making myself starve because Im so angry :mad:

Sorry to rant, but Ive not really got anyone to talk to, OH will just think Im being pathetic (which I probably am) but I just needed to get this off my chest.:eek:

I'll be posting regularly, so I can keep myself in check.

Hope everyone is doing well, and certainly better than me!!

Hey there,
you knw what, weight tat come on quick, goes off quick (loads of people say tat :)
Since u r starting exante, I am sure it will come off quick, i kind of completely trust exante :) So dont be hard on yourself and if u have started exante plsss dont starve. There r so many tips on here to help you out. I personally found splitting my packs kept hunger at bay plus alll the waterrr!!
Alll the best on your exnte journey!! xx

Iwannabeslim1 - hey, I'm starting total solution tomorrow also, you've done so well already!! You'll do fine. I have not long had a baby and need to shift around 2.5 stone! Here goes....good luck x

Hiya! I'm starting for the first time on Weds - packs arriving tomorrow afternoon, i'm scared! I rarely stick to a diet but really need to this time so will check in and see how you do. Good luck :) xxxxx

Hiya, don't worry about it, we've all been there!!!! The important thing is that you're resolved to make the change!! Best of luck with everything and keep posting so we can see how you're getting on!!

Sarah x

Good luck to everyone who's starting :)

Good Morning fellow slimmers... Thanks so much for your responses above, it really helped motivate me yesterday, especially to know Im not the only one to feel like that. Although I semi-started yesterday (half cambridge and half exante) I only lost a lb this morning and I've got another 4 to go before Im at my original weight on Saturday which is where I want to lose the 15lb from, so I actually have 5 1/2 weeks to lose 19lb, grrrrr! How can it take so long to lose and so quick to go on...!!

Hope you are all well today and enjoying the brief bit of sun that seems to be shining this morning.

To keep you motivated I just lost 9lbs in my first week - you can do it!!!! Stay focussed and you'll get there!

Sarah x

9lb, that's fab!! I'm still waiting on delivery of my food packs....I just want to get stuck in now!! If I lost 9lb in week one I'd be very happy...well done! Xx

I am restarting Exante today when my packs arrive. I lost 3 stone last year for my son's wedding put some back on again and then went to SW where I have just hovered around and not lost anymore. I now have to have a major operation in September and need to lose a couple of stone not for the op itself but to help with the recovery. It's a brilliant diet.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Wow 9lb Sarah, thats blimin impressive! If I could lose that I would be half way to my goal!! I really hope I can achieve something like that as I really need it. Well done, I would be super proud getting a result like that!!xx

Iwannabeslim1 - hey, I'm starting total solution tomorrow also, you've done so well already!! You'll do fine. I have not long had a baby and need to shift around 2.5 stone! Here goes....good luck x

Hey there, have you started this today? Me too (officially)! I have brought the chicken thai soup and choc shake with me to work and hoping that will last me until I get home at around 7.30 this evening!

Good luck!!xx

Hiya! I'm starting for the first time on Weds - packs arriving tomorrow afternoon, i'm scared! I rarely stick to a diet but really need to this time so will check in and see how you do. Good luck :) xxxxx

Hey there Lauren, good luck for starting on Weds, we will be one day out on the weigh in but thats ok. Keep me posted on how you get on and if need be we can keep each other motivated!xx

Does anyone know how long it take for ketosis to kick in as right now Im STARVING!!! I drink lots of water normally anyway, like 4-6l a day, always have and will be having black coffee and green/peppermint tea to try and fill the gap, but its only 9.13am and Im mega hungry!! lol

I shall be starting today yes, once the delivery arrives - meant to be here yesterday but delivered to the wrong house...nightmare!!

I think you should be in ketosis and finding things a little easier day 3...that's what I found when doing Cambridge anyhows. I found having a coke zero with my bar really helped to give me a fuller feeling. Keep with it...the scales will be down come the morning x

Wow 9lb Sarah, thats blimin impressive! If I could lose that I would be half way to my goal!! I really hope I can achieve something like that as I really need it. Well done, I would be super proud getting a result like that!!xx

I didn't think I would lose that much, I had a bit of a wobble on Sunday and had two quorn burgers as well as my three packs but it obviously hasn't hurt too much! I don't feel like I've lost anything (except my face looks slimmer) so don't feel disheartened if you feel like you're not losing anything. Just stick with it - I can't believe I managed a whole week, I am useless at this sort of stuff and can't remember ever having gone this long without fizzy drinks (one of my MANY weaknesses).

So stay strong and positive and you will get there.
p.s. If you only have 15lbs to lose you might not have as big a loss as me in week one as I have an annoying large amount of weight to lose but you will lose that 15 in no time!!!!

Good luck im bk on it and day 1 today as well

Back