Starting tomorrow, wish me luck!

x-Andrea-x

Hello everyone!
I have had some major blips in my recent past but it has to stop. I've decided to adopt calorie counting as my "diet" of choice. I just need to stick to it.

I'm 5ft7 and weigh about 17.5st. I'm thinking of having 1500-1600 calories a day. Would this be too many? I lead a fairly sedentary lifestyle but hope to incorporate some exercise.

Hoping for some hints tips and advice please!
Andrea x

Hiya! That's definitely not too many calories to start on - I'd say start on something like 1,800, as you have a bit to lose, then reduce it gradually as you progress. I started on around 2,000, but was a few stone heavier than you. :) xx

Today was going to be my start day but I've caught a tummy bug from my 2 year old (think norovirus) so instead I'm going to concentrate on getting better before dieting.

I actually feel like I've been hit by a bus and my daughter is running around like a loon.

Only have to wait until 6pm for the hubby to get home. So tired and achy today! X

Good luck on your weightloss journey.

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, its especially hard when you have a little one to look after. Make sure you keep up your fluids and try and rest when you can.

As far as how many calories to have - I used an online site to work out my calories needed to lose weight and started on 1650 calories and when I stick to it I lose every week. Work out what your BMR is and that will help you to decide how many calories you have.

All the best
Lara x

Hope you feel better now, good luck to you when you are well enough to start :)

Back