starting tomorrow

lyn22

Tomorrow is D day and determined to lose as much as poss by xmas.. feeling determined and better prepared for this 2nd time around.

Anyone else starting over the next few days ?

Hi Lyn,

I restarted Last Thursday, so Day 8 for me ... but well done on making the big decision to join the CWP train (can't get used to not calling it CD!)! How much do you have to lose? Best of luck hon xx

Hi Beverly, I've already lost about 1 1/2 stone since mid august with slim fast and have about another 7 stone to lose, no set goal, 10 is an ideal weight for me, i look ok at 11 but aiming for 10 really. feeling totally in the zone and determined. How are you finding it 2nd time round ?

ps how do I add my ticker ?

Last edited:
thanks, i've done it but wonder if its because i'm under 50 posts that its not showing.

Ooooooh its there now :D

Seriously well done on the stone and a half! That's phenomenal.

I have about 7st to lose too (I'm estimating my goal as 11st 7lbs).... Sadly this is more like Restart five hundred and eighteen for me, but for some reason I never gave up on Cambridge. It's so logical and straightforward IF you commit 100 percent and don't sabotage yourself. I wish someone had told me when I first started a VLCD that "no matter what, no matter the temptation don't 'cheat' with one morsel of food. Don't relax for one second until you get to goal" . It's always harder when you deviate from 100 percent SS. Like you I feel so much more positive and determined this time round, and I'm working on changing my mental attitude to food and emotional overeating.

Ps: Trying to post using my Samsung android is pants! Lol ... and I'm on 52 posts but can't see my own 'ticker' ...

Last edited:
yes I agree, fab when you stick 100% and just hope & pray my willpower doesn't wane. Today is day 2 for me, yesterday was ok.. managed 2 1/2 litres of water plus a couple cups of tea, I did feel a bit funny last night with being very very cold & just didn't feel quite right and went to bed really quite hungry, woke up feeling ok this morning, had a cup of tea and have gone back to bed with my bottle of water.. going to try & leave the shake till mid forenoon as I know tonight is my worst evening of the week. I do have a few extra products so I can have 4 if need be today, won't use my home scales till day 4 I think.

Hi both

I'm on day 2.
Got to say I totally agree that if any morsel of food passes my lips it's the slippery slope for me!
I've done LL & CD so know if works if I just stick to it.
Just need so much willpower to get through these first few days!

Hope you have a good day ?

Yoyo
xx

Hi Yoyo, had a bit of a disastrous day but didn't go hog wild ; big family get together dinner to kind of commemorate 1 year anniversary of my beloved Dad's sudden death. Emotional and draining. Probably right out of ketosis, and actually feel really unwell (let's just say frequent loo breaks and leave it at that lol) so mentally still well up for the good SS fight!

I have no idea why I'm so determined this time but it's working ... So ladies, onwards .....

Ps: how did you navigate the dreaded weekend? And why are weekends so challenging? This diet isn't a punishment for goodness sake - it's a darn good choice! :) Hope you're doing fantastically xx

Hope you are feeling a little better Beverley, hopefully the many loo trips counterbalanced the eating ? lol

Day 5 for me today, 100% with no cheats :D (feeling very chuffed) I am 3lbs down since the day before I started cambridge which I am happy with so hoping for 5lbs by the 1 week is up (bearing in mind I was on a very strict diet before starting cambridge with most carbs cut out so I expect my 1st week loss to be less than normal had I been eating in *my* normal way)

This weekend has been EASY I must confess, the worst night for me was the 1st night when i felt a little ill, I had a couple of books in the house that i've not read (hell I've not read a book for about 2 years, I'm more of a film person rather than a book person) anyway I got right into them & read them both which has totally diverted my attention from food.

Due to being on a diet already I think, I also went into ketosis quite quickly, by end of day 2 so that has also helped.

Hows everyone else today ?

Wellllll..... Lets just say today is day 1 and leave it at that :-( I have a condition that induces hemorrhaging periodically so I'm having to dig deep and pop iron tablets like smarties and resist the easy 'comfort' of food .... But I can and will do this. Nothing worth having is going to be easy, right?

Lyn, you're speaking my language! I love to read!! It has quite literally saved my life in this diet .... and if you have a cup of water to sip as you read even better lol

So it's 10 am, but holding firm so far - wish me luck xx

Last edited:
Hows it going everyone ? Beverly are you feeling a bit better now ?

I am now 1 week in & wont lie I'm disappointed with my weight loss... only 4lbs less and i've been 100% and drinking my water (which is a huge challenge for me) I know its most likely coz i was being strict on a diet prior to starting & had already lost 1 1/2 stone in a reasonable time but still, I had hoped I'd maybe lose 5 or 6 lbs, well no matter... I will carry on and can only hope my body hasnt reacted like this was week 1 of a diet , coz it was already dieting but just a continuation, in that case if I lose 4lbs a week I'll be chuffed but can't say I am not concerned about my loss for this next 2nd week but we'll just have to see how it goes.

Oh but Lyn that's a fantastic loss! You were already doing prep work (aka "dieting by normal standards") so all the excess water and bulky Week 1 weight was long gone .... You're doing what the rest of us need to do: burning fat stores.

And on those weeks when the loss is minor (I'm talking 1 or 2 lbs here - and you know that Happy day is coming *grimace*) you tend lose inches instead of lbs....

You've been going 100% so keep positive & keep going hon! Those are 4lbs you'll never see again :)

xxx

Thanks for that, I hope its fat thats been burned, for some strange reason I was real hungry last night and ended up having my 1st cheat (think I was a bit down tbh) had a few wafer thin chicken slices, then today i've been beyond starving so had another couple chicken slices , drank my water, had my shakes so just cant explain the hunger, I pee'd on a stick & still very much in ketosis.. also in agony with an impacted wisdom tooth, taken way too much painkillers & its just not touching it so feeling pretty miserable today.

Ouch! Your poor body is probably fighting infection too from the tooth :-( Hold firm love, if you get through this you'll be so proud of yourself. I speak from experience, trust me, had something to eat last Sunday and haven't been able to get on the SS train since then! Today is the first good day so maybe I need to take my own advice! Get well soon x

I got through yesterday with 4 shakes, my water and a couple wafer thin chicken slices .. which I actually don't feel guilty about as I had at least treble the recommended doses of painkillers, loads of different types for this blasted tooth so they are not good for an empty stomach. Up through the night in agony, more painkillers & hot water bottle, up this morning all swollen up in pain.. reckon I have a awful infection to go with impacted too... been in bed all day with painkillers every couple of hours & just my shakes & water.......if no better tomorrow reckon I'll have to get an emergency appointment with dentist or doctor... or both ! No movement on scales this morning either FFS...... really really REALLY grumpy !

hiya,

just had my 1st weigh in, 1 day short of 2 weeks and I have lost 9lbs :D bearing in mind I was already on a strict diet when I started thats pretty good. Since starting my diet mid aug I have lost 2 stone 4 lbs :) On target (hopefully) for my 3 stone off by xmas on the cambridge, need to lose 3.6 lbs per week for the next 9 weeks.. just hope I don't have an off week or poor loss week (which I probably will by then but thinking positive)

Hows everyone else getting on ? Beverly are you still sticking with it ?

Hi sweetie! All present and accounted for lol!

Wow! 9lbs is amazing! Especially considering how poorly you've been. You must be so pleased :)

Six days SS and I'm tired but determined .... Sorry I've been so scarce - what happened with the tooth? Are you better? I imagine you had to get to the emergency dentist or get antibiotics from GP? I hope you're on the mend love - NOTHING worse than trying to stick to this diet when you feel rotten :-(

Stay strong xx

Back