Starting Total Solution 7th May

beaky31

Hi everyone I'm starting total solution tomorrow, i feel like i am in the right frame of mind to do it so I'm going to give it 100% fingers crossed my will power will hang around! I've tried a couple of times over the last couple of years to get back on the diet but I'm now heaviest i've ever been and I've decided enough is enough!

Hi and welcome - good luck on your journey!

Remember that when ever you feel hungry! You sound like your in the right
Mindset and you know you can do it! Best of luck =)

Hello you can do it! Good luck xx

Good luck, you sound like you've got it all straight in your head and it's a mental challenge as well as a physical one so if you're starting out this way you should do great x

Good luck. :) YOU can do it. Get drinking your water... and get out and enjoy some of this sunshine whilst it lasts. ;) x x

Hi, I only just started this myself yesterday (although I've given myself double the challenge by quitting smoking too).

Finding it quite easy so far, but there are a couple of things I have discovered:
1. NO amount of garlic pepper/black pepper will make me enjoy the mushroom soup
2. No matter how long you spend whisking the soup with a fork you will NEVER get the whole lot blended
3. The shakes are much nicer made using a blending bottle
4. The bars look an awful lot nicer than they taste, although they are by no means the worst

So anyways, good luck with your journey :) Will keep an eye on your progress out of interest :)

Lesley, tastes are so different :) I love the mushroom soup, it's my favourite of the soups :) I add smoked garlic powder to it sometimes for a change. The only way I've found to blend the soup is with a stick blender and 400ml of water to thin it out. I make my shakes using a shaker with a metal ball in it, it's always lovely and smooth :) The bars are not my favourite, I limit them to when I'm going ut and have a Tesco UltraSlim bar instead if I need one.

@ Lesley

To add to what Jael's already said, seeing as you've only just started you might find that with a bit of tweaking or even plain adjustment you'll start to enjoy certain products. Personally I wasn't keen on the porridge to begin with, now I love it.

@ Jael, you mentioned smoked garlic powder before, must get some, sounds amazing. I love smoked paprika, I wonder if I can spice up the tomato soup with that. Haven't had the soups yet, waiting for new delivery.

Hi there and welcome, I'm just starting my 3rd week and trust me it gets easier. If you get a hunger pang drink a glass of water and that should keep them at bay and you are getting much needed water in to you

@ Lesley

To add to what Jael's already said, seeing as you've only just started you might find that with a bit of tweaking or even plain adjustment you'll start to enjoy certain products. Personally I wasn't keen on the porridge to begin with, now I love it.

@ Jael, you mentioned smoked garlic powder before, must get some, sounds amazing. I love smoked paprika, I wonder if I can spice up the tomato soup with that. Haven't had the soups yet, waiting for new delivery.

I get the smoked garlic powder at Sainsburys, and I've added it to the veg soup and the tomato soup as well before, it looks like this

smoked garlic powder.jpg

Good luck to you aswell Lesley!!

ohhh smoked garlic... i ADORE garlic, does it taste much different??

Good luck and welcome! You definitely seem to be in the right frame of mind which is definitely needed for this diet! Keep posting/reading here for all the support you need x

Blimey Lesley youreally have set yourself a challenge, i too am a smoker and could no way give them up at the same time i think it`s the only thing keeping me going today! Good luck though!

Hi, I only just started this myself yesterday (although I've given myself double the challenge by quitting smoking too).

Finding it quite easy so far, but there are a couple of things I have discovered:
1. NO amount of garlic pepper/black pepper will make me enjoy the mushroom soup
2. No matter how long you spend whisking the soup with a fork you will NEVER get the whole lot blended
3. The shakes are much nicer made using a blending bottle
4. The bars look an awful lot nicer than they taste, although they are by no means the worst

So anyways, good luck with your journey :) Will keep an eye on your progress out of interest :)

Day one is going well so far im drinking plenty of water but hearing everyone at work talking about food is the hard bit and smelling the lunches that people are having. Go my fiance a curry out for his dinner tonight so i think i will leave the house when he cooks that later lol

Day one for me too, just cooking the kids tea and it smells so lovely. Got full support from my hubby which is lovely, he says I don't need to cook for him but I've got to do the kids so I may as well add his while he's at work. I'm hungry but drinking plenty of water and holding out for my last shake. I too stopped smoking 2 weeks ago, so its a real challenge, but no pain no gain that's hat I keep telling myself and I'm just looking forward to getting into ketosis and it becoming easier. Good luck everyone, we can do this :) xx

Back