Starting ultra slim tomorrow so need help

roxy222

:wavey:Hi everyone im going to start ultra slim in the morning done ww for 2 months and only lost 3-4 pounds. really wanna give this a go and hope it works for me i need to lose 1 stone 7 pounds. I am hoping this forum will give me all the support i need over the next few days to i get settled into it. will be updating alot.:)

Good luck you can do it.

near the end of day one

hey everyone i could do with help:confused:.
first day trying ultra slim found it hard to drink although the chocolate was nice it was REALLY thick and hard to drink. because wasnt working this morning i didnt have shake until 11am so didnt really fancy that at lunch and had to go out this afternoon. not keeping on track very well

Breakfast- ultra slim choc shake

lunch - 1 slice toast 1 linda mc cartney sausage. sauce

snack- kitkat

dinner- french fries 3 vegetable dippers and some mayonaise (not sure how many calories but was so hungry)

also this evening i have seen a large galaxy bar of OH'S and taken 3 bits :(

have had a really sore head this evening too

Hi Roxy. I think you may find that you have a headache on any diet - its to do with low sugar or withdrawal from certain foods or even sometimes can be a bit of teeth clenching/grinding from tension if you're struggling with cravings. If I get one I just take a couple of painkillers to help me adjust.

I think the taste/consistency of the shakes is variable so oddly I only drink the Slimfast Cafe one. I just don't really like any of the others. The other thing is to think of it as a stew/soup (not a good analogy but can't think how else to explain it) i.e. a liquid meal rather than a drink. Try to concentrate and act as if you are eating a meal rather than treating it as you would a cup of coffee or tea. If you drink it slowly and really taste it you may find its more satisfying than you imagine.

My other tip is that you really need to bone up on calorie counting because you should have a meal at least once during the day. And we all know how easy it is to misjudge how much is on your plate. if you want to check out the thread on "what are we eating today" it might give you some ideas.

Good luck and keep posting. x

thanks so much for ur reply, hopefully gonna try harder tomorrow think even i could have a rich tea with the shake or anything to chew it would help but then that would take away from my snacks through out the day

should i be having about 1200 calories per day including the shake?

Good morning Roxy. You look like you are trying to lose about 20lbs? Then 1200-1350 should be about right. You might want to check out you BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) to see how many calories you need to stay the same weight as you are now. Then if you take away 1000 cals per day from that you'll lose 7000 cals per week which equals about 2lb in body fat. (there are 3600 cals in one pound). This is how the maths work!

BUT if this comes out below 1000 cals per day a lot of people find this difficult to stick to so you might be better to up your cals a bit and just expect a lower loss each week. Some people can find this frustrating and prefer the lower calorie levels to speed up loss. You know yourself best so this is one you need to decide: less to eat but faster weight loss versus easier diet but slower loss.

My BMR is 2300 cals (I'm tall and moderately active) so I aim for 1300 per day. This means I have some nice snacks and I can move down to 1100 if I stop losing and want a kick start.

Just had my morning shake - I tend to have it when I come in from walking the dog. I've moved all my meals back a couple of hours to help me cope in the evenings otherwise I start nibbling and I can't stop. My routine is:
8am Tea
10.30 Shake
12 Coffee
2.30 Shake
5pm Coffee and treat (chocolate bar like curly wurly, fudge or Twirl)
7.30 Supper (500 cals-ish)
10am Squash or Diet coke if I think I'm hungry cos its usually thirst.

Obviously I have good and bad days but this is the plan.

Hope this helps - just keep asking if you need help. Have a good day today. x

thanks Judith thats a great help:) that has just gave me my motivation for today as i was feeling put off after how i felt yesterday

ok have done my Bmr and its 2250 so i think i will try to stick to 1300-1400 calories per day. Judith can i ask have u been doing this long and is ur weight loss good?

good morning well another pound off this week pleased really i have given up smoking as well started that yesterday i figured if i stick to what im doing now counting calories i shouldnt put any weight on and hopefully still lose weight cnnot go swimming this week as i have a chest infection but i am sticking to my slimfast/ultraslim plan and counting cals

Hey Roxy... I'm on day 3 now and still feeling strong. The first two days I was really down with my mood, and a bit headachey in the evenings. Day 1 I was very bloated and windy... all that seems to have passed now so try and stick with it. I'm drinking lots of water and i think that has helped keep the headaches at bay.. Good Luck!

confused on how to plan my meals today i have had some extra time in bed as not working mornings this week but im not sure how to plan my day now, just had a cuppa and a curlywurly so might leave it to about 2 to have my shake but this means i will only fit 1 shake in today as my dinner time is 6pm

Judith can i ask have u been doing this long and is ur weight loss good?

I started on 9th March and have lost 15lbs so far with a few fits and starts. I am a serial dieter and have been doing this for nearly 40 years (gasp) so whilst I might know a lot about things I often don't listen to myself! First time doing Slimfast properly as opposed to just using them occasionally.

confused on how to plan my meals today i have had some extra time in bed as not working mornings this week but im not sure how to plan my day now, just had a cuppa and a curlywurly so might leave it to about 2 to have my shake but this means i will only fit 1 shake in today as my dinner time is 6pm

Why 6pm? Is this cos someone else is cooking? I learnt years ago that some of our eating habits are fairly arbitrary and don't have to be set in stone. For example most diets emphasize the importance of breakfast but endless research has shown no scientific basis for this with regard to weight loss. Likewise eating before bed makes no difference to calorie burning. We all grew up eating when our parents said at set times whether hungry or not so we stopped listening to our bodies and ate because it was "meal time". I know now that its better for me to learn to recognise hunger properly and not mix it up with habit or craving or thirst or boredom. So I now try to eat in a pattern that suits me and I will sometimes change that pattern to suit the occasion, e.g. breakfast out (shake for supper), big meal coming up (save some calories by eating less the day before and the day after). I'm not sure if this is "true" Slimfast but my underlying plan is still 2 x shakes per day and 1 x meal. (Sorry I ended up rambling on a bit there :eek: )

good morning well another pound off this week pleased really i have given up smoking as well started that yesterday i figured if i stick to what im doing now counting calories i shouldnt put any weight on and hopefully still lose weight cnnot go swimming this week as i have a chest infection but i am sticking to my slimfast/ultraslim plan and counting cals

Well done on giving up the smoking Peanuts. Together losing weight and stopping smoking must have a huge impact on your overall wellbeing.

:) just a quick update well today i think i have stuck to my 1200 calories

snack curleywurly, advantage crisps, rocky bar. =315

had 1 ultra slim stawberry shake for lunch=135

dinner ww beef hotpot and some chicken dippers, croquetx2 = 560 calories

slice of toast this evening with little butter i allow 150 calories as the bread is 90

how did i do? does this seem rite?

As mentioned in my previouse post the ultra slim are not 135 cals per portion but 207 (if you use semi skimmed milk to make them up).

Therefore i allow 210 calories for each shake when calculating my calories consumed per day!

Back