Step 1 Sole Source Starting weight and first week loss

Spookess

Hi all. This might seem like a personal question but I have been reading various posts about how much people have lost in the first week of SS. I know it all depends on the weight you are to starting with so was wondering if anyone is willing to say what their starting weight and first week losses were? I'm trying to gauge what mine will be. I'm starting at just shy of 14 stone and am 5' 5.

Hope no offence has been caused asking this question.

Karen
X

Spookess said:
Hi all. This might seem like a personal question but I have been reading various posts about how much people have lost in the first week of SS. I know it all depends on the weight you are to starting with so was wondering if anyone is willing to say what their starting weight and first week losses were? I'm trying to gauge what mine will be. I'm starting at just shy of 14 stone and am 5' 5.

Karen
X

I don't think anyone will take it as too personal a question - most of us are chuffed to bits with our week one losses and only too happy to share. But how much you'll lose in the first week isn't just about how much you weigh to start with, but also

(1) whether you've just swapped from one diet to another without a break (people who switch from one to another don't have as much glycogen stored so don't lose quite as many pounds - however, in that case, what's lost is usually mainly fat. :)
(2) how old you are. It's a sad truth that as you get older, weight loss doesn't seem to happen as quickly
(3) how many diets you've done before. If this is the first diet you've ever done, you're likely to lose weight very quickly
(4) if you're a woman, where you are in your monthly cycle can make a difference - PMS bloating can affect results
(5) whether you manage to stick to the diet 100% :)

Assuming conditions are optimum, you could expect to lose anything from 7 to 10lbs, I reckon.

I lost 11lbs the first week of attempt one, having done the diet 100% SS, weighing 16st 9lbs and being 5ft 4 and aged 37 at the time.

Last edited:
Wow! Didn't realise there were that many factors. You've really done your homework :)

I have done other diets, mainly slimming world but not for a year or so. I'm 31. I don't have TOTM (Yey!!) as take mini pill every day without a break. I know my body probavly thinks its TOTM without the symptoms though. Think that answers all points. (By the way i am typing blind because for some reason the screen has stopped showing what im writing (iphone) so apologies if it is complete nonsense shown! ;-) break

I started at 16st4lbs and lost 9lbs in my first week. Am 5'10" and have about 4st to lose overall.

Water is key, I find if I'm not good with the water consumption the loss isn't as good.

Good luck!!

Well done loulabell and saladdays those are brilliant first week losses that I hope I can get somewhere near to! I thought that I might struggle with the cost of this diet but if I lose as quickly as the people I see on here it might only be for a couple of months! Hopefully!

Karen
X

Highly depends on the amount of glycogen that you have in your body (first week's loss is mostly glycogen). It's different in everyone and two people of the same height and weight won't have the same amount of glycogen in their bodies. Generally the bigger you are the more glycogen you have but that's statistics with huge variance.

Most of this weight comes back though as most of the glycogen weight that you lose is only temporary, the body needs glycogen stores. Don't worry if you didn't lose much. The real weight loss (fat) among different people is generally consistant.

Hi There

I started at 15 stone 12, 5foot 5 and 28 and lost 11lb xx

Back