Starting with Slimming World on line - in Belgium!

Tobyteabag

Hi!

I'm so fed up with feeling bad about every thing I eat, and hating my body, so I'm going back to SW after about 20 years! A bit of background - I was always obese since the age of 7, then 5 years ago I did Lighter Life and lost 5.5 stone. Hurray! I thought, finally I have found the right tool for me - and then my husband got a job in Brussels and we emigrated. No Lighter Life, no weight-watchers in English ( not even online unless you have an English address!), and no job to keep me occupied. So, the upshot is that I have re-gained nearly 2 stone and I feel totally crap!
Anyway, some kind person told me that I can do SW online in English, in Belgium- whoopee!! I'm 3 days in, and loving the food - it's so nice to feel that I can eat and not feel guilty!

Love to cook ( nothing much else to do here!). So I've just made a SW friendly cous-cous cake, and a syn free Tartiflette ( potato, bacon, onion and egg tart thingy).

so, breakfast : egg, bacon, beans, tomatoes

Lunch: Tartiflette with pickled onions, gherkins, tomatoes, and salad

Dinner: steak, salad and jacket potato

Syns: Will be vodka and diet coke!!!

Would love to chat with others attempting this, and would appreciate any encouragement - it's so much harder doing this when you are in a different country!

Have a great day,

Kim :)

Hi!

I'm so fed up with feeling bad about every thing I eat, and hating my body, so I'm going back to SW after about 20 years! A bit of background - I was always obese since the age of 7, then 5 years ago I did Lighter Life and lost 5.5 stone. Hurray! I thought, finally I have found the right tool for me - and then my husband got a job in Brussels and we emigrated. No Lighter Life, no weight-watchers in English ( not even online unless you have an English address!), and no job to keep me occupied. So, the upshot is that I have re-gained nearly 2 stone and I feel totally crap!
Anyway, some kind person told me that I can do SW online in English, in Belgium- whoopee!! I'm 3 days in, and loving the food - it's so nice to feel that I can eat and not feel guilty!

Love to cook ( nothing much else to do here!). So I've just made a SW friendly cous-cous cake, and a syn free Tartiflette ( potato, bacon, onion and egg tart thingy).

Would love to chat with others attempting this, and would appreciate any encouragement - it's so much harder doing this when you are in a different country!

Have a great day,

Hi Kim, I started slimmingworld back in '96 in London and was doing absolutely brilliantly (lost 2 stone in 4 months and got down to size 8) until I moved to Ireland in 2006. Slimmingworld didn't exist here yet and so I went off the rails, gaining over a stone, a lot when you know I'm only 5ft2 in height. I'm Belgian but left many years ago and was amazed to hear it's not available over there. Maybe you could start it up? :) I have restarted slimmingworld but have to stick to red and green days as extra easy makes me put on weight. Eventhough it's now all over Ireland and have taken many members from weightwatchers, I think online is just as good as going to class, but you just have to make sure that you have 4 or 5 friends who can do it with you, that's the only way it'll work.

Hi!

Have a great day,

I'm not sure if you still check for replies to this post, but I'm also a UK National who's moved to Belgium. I was wondering what your progress was like and if you can offer any tips or pointers? What was it like trying to Syn things here without the brands that you recognise from the UK?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Back