Starting ww for like the 20th time!! Any advise welcome on how to actually achieve!

Chezb21

Heyy I'm just wondering if anyone's got some good advice for sticking to diets , or perhaps anyone I could chat to or get support from? I'm always starting diets and stopping so my friends aren't interested to be honest , I actually do really want to do it this time but when ever I mention it friends just laugh n say they give me a week lol anyway any advice welcome x

Track everything! If you know exactly what you've eaten and the points then it gets easier to work out what you need to do differently if you gain weight.

I second the tracking its the only way i loose weight. This site is great in that you can talk about diets all day and no one will get sick of you, i have tried so many diets in the past and always just did them for a week then changed to another one so dont like keep going on about it to my friends etc this is the longest i have stuck to a diet and have really tracked everything (apart from my hols lol) so stick with it and chat away on here hopefully this time it will work for you

Hi,

Ok, I lost 6 stone 3 years ago and so far have only managed to put a stone back on. But here are some things that I did to help.....
1.Plan your whole weeks meals (this saves time and money) but make sure you only have meals you like as you tend to go off track if you say put a salad or something and then dont fancy it.
2. Put reminders, for example post it notes on cupboards or mirrors anywhere you will see that will keep you motivated and remind you why you are doing it.
3. Display all the zero heros and hide or dont buy the bad stuff.
4. Have a treat at the end of the day to look forward to.
5. Have a non food treat for reaching your mini goals
6. make mini goals, really mini goals that you can achieve in a day or few days, then have bigger goals for the week or month.
7. Have a cheat meal once a week at the weekend
8. Exercise in little spurts. break it down into 10min sections.
9. Get a special date in mind for motivation, if you dont have one make one.
10. Cook a new meal once a week.
11. Have a low point snack box that you have already factored in for the day.

There are lots of others, like freezing grapes (the food kind :p) etc that I have heard of as well.

Once you are on it...YOUR ON IT you just need to find a way to get motivated and you will be well on your way.
I have stopped and started lots of times but it just takes one time to click and you get it.
GOOD LUCK!!

(sorry for spelling im in a rush)

Hi

I only joined back over two weeks ago facing in to the winter wardrobe and nothing fitting, its an instant motivator, but i found in week one i was an tracking queen I weighed everything and tracked everything and also allowed a treat for night time when i was planning my day because i knew that was my weakness

week two wasn't great because i have been sick for over a week so no exercise and very little tacking and it shows straight away,

If you stick with what weight watchers says - plan and track - it really works

Lillady x

Hi
Track everything hun I find that helps me stay on track, I started 6 weeks ago and ive lost 32.5lb so far and I always go out for a meal after wi as my husband doing ww with me so its our treat :) and we usually have a meal out at weekends too but I always point it 1st
Good luck hun we are all here to help xx

Hi,

Ok, I lost 6 stone 3 years ago and so far have only managed to put a stone back on. But here are some things that I did to help.....
1.Plan your whole weeks meals (this saves time and money) but make sure you only have meals you like as you tend to go off track if you say put a salad or something and then dont fancy it.
2. Put reminders, for example post it notes on cupboards or mirrors anywhere you will see that will keep you motivated and remind you why you are doing it.
3. Display all the zero heros and hide or dont buy the bad stuff.
4. Have a treat at the end of the day to look forward to.
5. Have a non food treat for reaching your mini goals
6. make mini goals, really mini goals that you can achieve in a day or few days, then have bigger goals for the week or month.
7. Have a cheat meal once a week at the weekend
8. Exercise in little spurts. break it down into 10min sections.
9. Get a special date in mind for motivation, if you dont have one make one.
10. Cook a new meal once a week.
11. Have a low point snack box that you have already factored in for the day.

There are lots of others, like freezing grapes (the food kind :p) etc that I have heard of as well.

Once you are on it...YOUR ON IT you just need to find a way to get motivated and you will be well on your way.
I have stopped and started lots of times but it just takes one time to click and you get it.
GOOD LUCK!!

(sorry for spelling im in a rush)

I LOVE this gonna print it out and put it on the fridge!!!

You can so do it I'm back again lost 3 stone put 2 back on but focus focus focus you will get there xx

What works best for me:
Track and point EVERYTHING...even my zero point things.
I also weigh everything to make sure I am getting my correct portion sizes.
Don't deny your self anything as you will want it more - a little bit of what you fancy goes a long way.
Go and stay to meetings - this for me is a big help. I love my meeting the support is great.
Plan your day in advance, there is nothing worse then getting to tea time and not knowin what to have so just saying sod it and ordering takeaway.
Remember this is a LIFESTYLE change not a diet.
Monthly pass and the weight watchers app with the tracker has been my best best friend. As I always have my phone, I always have a way to track and keep count...helps on those days when your out and about and want to do something for dinner.
Mini goals have also helped, I always count down to the next silver 7. At any given moment I know how close I am to that next one.

Back