Starting WW Today

couscous

I have all of the books at home so i am following the Pro-Points myself at home. I have debated going to the meetings but to be honest i don't have a lot of money so can't really justify paying to go when i find that after work i am too busy to stay when i have dinner to make and a dog to walk.

I have decided to weigh myself every Monday but not to worry too much about the weekly scales and try to aim for a monthly weight loss of 6 - 7 lbs. In the past i have always had a good week and lost say 3lbs then only lose 1/2 lb the following week and i find i am disappointed although it is 3 1/2 lbs over two weeks which is pretty good!

I have just made a wonderful Chicken salad with chicken and onions cooked in fry light and finished off with worcestershire sauce and a lovely big salad and all for 4 points. Even better i made extra so i can take chicken salad to work tomorrow.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Hi!

Welcome to weight watchers!

Firstly, its up to you whether its worth while or you can afford to go to a class, personally, I like going to the class so i can share my success and admit when i've been "bad". However, there are lots of people that use this forum that don't go to classes that have great success too so its whatever suits you!

Secondly, the main tip i'd give you is plan your meals in advance as often as possible and prepare your breakfast/lunch for work the day before where possible. It's so much easier to give into temptation if you've not had a meal in mind your looking forward to all day!

Also, if your doing propoints, make sure you stock up on fruit and veg!

Thanks for the tip i did a shop today with lots and lots of fruit and veg and salad. I don't get time to prepare lunch in the morning so i normally do it when my dinner is cooking the night before.

me too, i make my lunch for the next day before i go to bed. Everyone in work is always surprised how organised i am! But it really does make it a lot easier to stick to if your have measured everything out and made everything for work the next day!

Back