stationary bike question

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by angel_uk, 22 June 2011 Social URL.

1. angel_uk

angel_uk Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating with calorie/amount watch and exercise.everything in moderation.
    im sorry if maybe this was already discussed somewhere.
    My question is how reliable are the diplays of the stationary bikes regarding calories burnt?
    Mine is a one that lets you put your hight and weight along with age and gender and checks your heart rate and calculates bmi.
    So im wondering how accurate is the result of the calories i burnt during my session?
    anyone got an idea about those things?
    same as with steppers really. are they accurate?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Perpleo

Perpleo Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.35%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/ healthy eating
    i'm not to sure sorry but your lucky it lets yours lets you put details into it, mine just says you've burnt this many calories etc

4. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Thats about as good as you'll get on a bike. A HR monitor would be better but they are hidiously expensive lol

5. angel_uk

angel_uk Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating with calorie/amount watch and exercise.everything in moderation.
    Thanks.well this one monitors heart right from pulse on hands.better than none i suppose and at the end of the day as long as i use it i do myself good.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.