Stay with WW or go back to SW-help me decide!

samsmum1

Silver Member
Hi! I just posted a similar thread on the WW board but in the interest of fairness had to post on here as well.As I put in my other post I have just used the last week of my WW monthly pass and cant decide whether to carry on or go back to SW.At TOTM I,m just so hungry I end up putting all the weight that I,ve lost that month back on (I,m on the minimum PPs) I,m motivated the rest of the month but feel like i,m going round in circles!I,m also turning a bit OCD ish with all the counting and writing down every bl**dy morsel! Have been on SW several times over the years but had slow losses (mainly due to saving alcohol syns for the weekend -my consultant felt it could be too much sugar in my system at once which some people could get away with some couldnt) Anyway now have a 3 year old and work at night its not an issue so SW might work better? or worse cos i,m a lot older (50 next year!)? Any feedback would be appreciated!
Sal x

Hmmmmmmm I've never done ww. And only do sw because it's closet thing to just eating well and having some help with moderation of treats.
But no diet will work if you have ideas of still wanting to do things involving calorie laden activities. But now your not in social environment Of drinking you may well find sw works.
Just don't swap the drinking for all out on something else.

I've been doing it 6.5 weeks lost 19.6lb I don't save my syns or if I do I expect to not loose that week and I know why. I love the plan personally but only you can make the losses happen whichever one you choose.

Think you've answered your own question, you're sick of measuring everything and are becoming obsessed win it, and you're hungry for one week a month so keep putting everything back on. So if is is happening every month how are you going to get to target? Arnt there other plans on ww that you don't have to count everything ? I've heard of the simply filling plan .....

But on the SW side of things, slow losses are better than no losses!

I agree with the 2 previous replies, SW is more like a healthy eating plan, one which I can stick to even when I hit target. And I agree also with the premise that a slow, constant weight loss is better than going round in circles. But at the end of the day it's what suits you personally, we're all different.

Think you've answered your own question, you're sick of measuring everything and are becoming obsessed win it, and you're hungry for one week a month so keep putting everything back on. So if is is happening every month how are you going to get to target? Arnt there other plans on ww that you don't have to count everything ? I've heard of the simply filling plan .....

Hi I dont put it all back on but its quite a good chunk! Yes there is another plan on WW.They now call it Filling and Healthy. Its ok but where you used to be able to have white pasta and rice you can now only have w/meal and only fat free plain yogurt.On the plus side you can have low cal bread like Nimble and(surprise,surprise!) all the WW breads except naans.Its the nearest thing to SW but you can only have skimmed milk.I,m going to have a good think over the weekend.Both SW and WW classes are on Tues morning..........

I agree with the 2 previous replies, SW is more like a healthy eating plan, one which I can stick to even when I hit target. And I agree also with the premise that a slow, constant weight loss is better than going round in circles. But at the end of the day it's what suits you personally, we're all different.
Thanks a lot-that sums it up quite succinctly!
Sal x

Might have to have that as my mantra (slow losses are better than no losses)!
Cheers!
Sal x

Hi I dont put it all back on but its quite a good chunk! Yes there is another plan on WW.They now call it Filling and Healthy. Its ok but where you used to be able to have white pasta and rice you can now only have w/meal and only fat free plain yogurt.On the plus side you can have low cal bread like Nimble and(surprise,surprise!) all the WW breads except naans.Its the nearest thing to SW but you can only have skimmed milk.I,m going to have a good think over the weekend.Both SW and WW classes are on Tues morning..........
I've never done ww so havnt a clue if they're easy to follow lol but it's totally up to you. Both plans work if you stick to them so whatever you're most comfortable with x

I've never done ww so havnt a clue if they're easy to follow lol but it's totally up to you. Both plans work if you stick to them so whatever you're most comfortable with x
Exactly! They,re both brilliant plans that work when you stick to them! Its whichever suits your lifestyle and/or way of eating!Thanks!
Sal x

Come back to Slimming World Hun :)
Ive seen your posts over the last few weeks and you don't seem happy at all. I've also heard if you buy Woman's Own mag on 16th April there is a free joining offer for Slimming World so go for it.

Good luck and I wish you all the best xxxx

I've done WW before and this is my first time on SW (and last hopefully). I like WW, but I think I just eat crap. I would eat grapes all day so I could have a bottle of wine! Not exactly a balanced diet. On SW I feel a bit more confident that I'm eating decent food that is wholesome and healthy. Xxx

Come back to Slimming World Hun :)
Ive seen your posts over the last few weeks and you don't seem happy at all. I've also heard if you buy Woman's Own mag on 16th April there is a free joining offer for Slimming World so go for it.

Good luck and I wish you all the best xxxx
Thanks hun have decided to go back on Tues (coincides with LO going back to nursery after the hols,so I can concentrate on the class in peace!)Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement!
Sal x
Ps When are you re-joining? We,ll have to compare notes!

Last edited:
I've done WW before and this is my first time on SW (and last hopefully). I like WW, but I think I just eat crap. I would eat grapes all day so I could have a bottle of wine! Not exactly a balanced diet. On SW I feel a bit more confident that I'm eating decent food that is wholesome and healthy. Xxx
Exactly!-I totally get the wine thing! Got drunk as well cos there was no food in my belly! Not a good look! When I was on SW last I found that I couldnt find room for wine cos I was full of food so thats got to be a good thing (as long as its on plan food of course! Lol!)
Sal x
Ps When are you re-joining? We,ll have to compare notes!

Back