Total Solution Staying focused

weelanie

Hi I have done this diet more times than I care to remember. First time lost 2 1/2 stone but have put it back on. Had many false attempt but now in week 2. I was really upset with myself as my brother gets married next sat and I let it until 3 weeks before to start. I have 4 stone to loose :-(. Anyway, in a good place now and in it for the long hall but what do I do about the wedding. Should I plan a 1 day break or risk loosing my will power and end up binging. Any advice welcomes :)

hiya! Firstly well done on all your success in the past, you're a pro! How about just having low carb day that day on working solution? So shake for breakfast and lunch and eat the wedding food but try to eat the more low carb stuff? Is it a sit down meal or buffet?

You can plan a break, as long as you're determined to go straight back onto it. I'm sure you know this but if you intend to drink any alcohol at the wedding you need to come out of ketosis or it can be dangerous, so make sure to eat some carbs beforehand. I took a break for a couple of days over Passover as we had 2 big family dinners. It was fine and I got back onto it straight after and it didnt really affect my losses as I just kept the carbs to a minimum (I didnt drink).

Hi lanie! This Is my third time doing TFR so I'm similar to you!

Yeah as everyone says, you can definately have a no carb break or if you want to drink I would say refeed for a few days and introduce carbs so that you knock yourself out of ketosis and it's safe to drink and then get right back into the TFR the next day =)

Thanks everyone for your advise. I think I may give myself the day off but as its planned I will be straight back on. Guess its good practice for 'real' life as I must learn to have an occasional fancy meal and the not decide to eat half of tesco lol

Tell me about it, me and my fiancé were I'm tescos last night and the amount of treats he bought himself was ridiculous!! He's a chocolate monster!! And I was like I could easily eat everything in here right now haha

But Cheely you did not....and that is brilliant

i know Shrimp, i was so proud of myself just leaving with my wee tub of bouillon haha =)

Well done chelly. I haven't been near tesco it 2 weeks. Hope I don't need to avoid it for the next 3-4 months lol

Lol yep just keep avoiding it for a few weeks!! After a few weeks you will be surprised at the resistance you have and you can stop yourself drooling over every thing lol

Back