staying in ketosis whilst refeeding

RebekahR

Gold Member
Hi guys
Wonder if you can help

I'm looking to phase over to low carbs whilst refeeding. Something like the atkins 72 plan

Wondering if anyone has had success with low carbs refeeding

I will probably need to add in fruit post surgery, have been told to have green smoothies, otherwise its low gi hwalthy healing diet

Advice would be welcome Xx

RebekahR said:
Hi guys
Wonder if you can help

I'm looking to phase over to low carbs whilst refeeding. Something like the atkins 72 plan

Wondering if anyone has had success with low carbs refeeding

I will probably need to add in fruit post surgery, have been told to have green smoothies, otherwise its low gi hwalthy healing diet

Advice would be welcome Xx

It's perfectly possible to maintain low carb. I'm not sure whether it would be called a refeed as such but that doesn't matter. I don't know the atkins 72 plan - what's that about? You can have fruit and keep it low GL - the lowest GI fruits are things like raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. The GL is further reduced if you eat the fruit with protein as it slows the digestion and so you don't get such a sugar high. You can do that quite simply by having it with yogurt.

Thanks hun

It's the original atkins, no fluff or bars or rubbish. Just unprocessed good, protein and veg mostly

I need to start eating well before my op but going to get very short notice on it. So getting prepared to refeed when I get a date

Will see how it goes. Thank you x

Back