Staying positive (Most of the time)

wintye

Well, never done a diary before so this is new to me.

I posted an introduction post earlier this evening so am going to copy over some of the information I have put in that as I think it's a good starter.

I'm starting tomorrow and feel completely prepared.

I want to make this diary as a log for me to look back on, on good and bad days and hopefully the more I post the more it may help when I need it. If it inspires others then great.

I intend a no holes barred approach although how bad can it get??? lol.

I'll post the copied post from the intro into the next comment so it starts me off for today.

C xxx

P.S. I must sort a ticker thing when I have a little more patience to look into a thread that tells me how, lol. It won't take long I'm sure.

Iim a first timer too! I followed the links on the indepth thread (its in red above our posts, just scroll thos down and you will see the big chunk of red writing.
The thread is worth looking at. So long as you cut and past the right bock of text at the end you will be fine. Its all explained in language even I can understand on the how to do a ticker bit in the in depth.
Good luck. I'm feeling up and possitive too... Long may it last

Thank you, looking forward to chatting to you too. Think I will always be here. Gets me through. Everyone is just so lovely and supportive.

I must copy over that introduction entry I promised in my first post, lol.

Day 1

I've decided to pour myself into the website this time round. About 4 years ago I started LL. I managed 8 weeks on just the shakes and then quit:ashamed0005:.

I have started Cambridge several times since then and have never got passed week 3.

What's really strange is why I quit. When I look back now on the why I quit LL, I remember standing in front of my bedroom mirror when ready to leave the house for work and although dressed, I felt naked. I felt like people could see the real me.

At my next meeting we had to imagine ourselves at goal and wearing whatever we wanted, be it a wedding dress or little black number etc. I couldn't imagine myself anything other than the weight I was. I told the counsellor and although she thought this was strange she understandably didn't know what to do.

After looking back on this several times I have finally realised that I hide behind my weight and this worries me for future weight loss. I still don't know how to get passed this.

Well, I think that's honest enough for now:)

I'm off to check out the rest of the website.

Good luck everyone and take care.

C xxx

Last edited:
Day 2

Well day one down and onto day two.

I'm really proud of myself as I was shocked when my CDC said the policy had changed and as my BMI is over 40, I would have to start on the 810 plan.

I was terrified and even thought of just drinking the shakes and not eating the remaining but not telling anyone. I'm no good at lying though and I can't help thinking I would only be cheating myself.

I got to last night and it was about 8pm and I couldn't be bothered to cook the chicken breast and veg but was hungry so just thought get on with it and do this properley. I'm so glad I did in the end, it was delicious and helped me get through the evening.

Now today I feel like I really have something to aim for, DINNER, lol.

I sprinkled on paprika and loved it. Never tried that before, can you believe that?

Well, I may post again later today. I need to figure out how to move this thread to the CWP diary section.

Bye for now xxx

Well, I may post again later today. I need to figure out how to move this thread to the CWP diary section.
I have moved your diary to the CWP diary forum and have left a two day expiring redirect.

After looking back on this several times I have finally realised that I hide behind my weight and this worries me for future weight loss. I still don't know how to get passed this.
You can't change what you don't acknowledge and I think because you are now aware of this you can do something about it...well this is what I tell myself.

Best of luck on your CWP journey and I look forward to seeing how you get on:)

Welcome to Cambridge Hun, it really has been life changing for me and I am sure you will find it well worth it. I've lost 3 stone and 1lb in 11 weeks :) :) xxx

good luck petal.
i been on it for 7 weeks. there has been highs and lows. but you can do this. just get yourself a 1 litre volvic sports bottle of water. every time you drink that, your half way to drinking the water you need. i find it easier to do that rather than, if your at work, constantly drinking wee cups of water. the water is the key thing. wont be long till you bmi is down.
lots of love and luck
foxyx

I have moved your diary to the CWP diary forum and have left a two day expiring redirect.

Thank you very much. What's an expiring redirect?

You can't change what you don't acknowledge and I think because you are now aware of this you can do something about it...well this is what I tell myself.

Thank you so much for your advice. Maybe now I know that it may happen I can look out for it or maybe it won't affect me so much.

Thank you again xxx

Welcome to Cambridge Hun, it really has been life changing for me and I am sure you will find it well worth it. I've lost 3 stone and 1lb in 11 weeks :) :) xxx

Wow, well done on your weight loss. That's amazing.

I love your signature where you have managed day one - Done etc.

Might have to pinch that it that's ok? xxxxx

good luck petal.
i been on it for 7 weeks. there has been highs and lows. but you can do this. just get yourself a 1 litre volvic sports bottle of water. every time you drink that, your half way to drinking the water you need. i find it easier to do that rather than, if your at work, constantly drinking wee cups of water. the water is the key thing. wont be long till you bmi is down.
lots of love and luck
foxyx

Thank you foxy, I appreciate your help.

Funny you mention the volvic sports bottle. I have one already;). I've been drinking a litre of water a day before I started the diet as I was drinking too much diet coke and it was giving me a really fuzzy head.

Good luck with and stick with it, you're doing so well xxxx

Wow, well done on your weight loss. That's amazing.

I love your signature where you have managed day one - Done etc.

Might have to pinch that it that's ok? xxxxx

Course it is hunni! I think it's a great way to remind yourself of the achievements xxx

Thank you very much. What's an expiring redirect?

It leaves a link to this thread in the last forum you were in before I moved your diary to here and it will expire in two days and in that time those who had viewed your diary will be able to find you here:)

It leaves a link to this thread in the last forum you were in before I moved your diary to here and it will expire in two days and in that time those who had viewed your diary will be able to find you here:)

I thought it might be something like that but wasn't sure.

Thank you so much for moving etc. I appreciate it. xxxx

Day 3

Well today is day 3 and I'm feeling really positive today. It's going well so far. I do feel a little tired but have done a couple of hours of pottering about the house and it's a hot day so that's probs got something to do with it.

I was on-line last night and happily posting away and thought I'd have a quick look in the arcade section. Wow, addictive. If I get bored on here (not likely, I know) then that should keep me busy. Oh no, if my laptop breaks down I might need to be strapped down:D

Well dinner last night wasn't that nice but was filling and I did cook it different. I'm going to have something completely different tonight.

This 810 plan is really working so well for me. I never would have thought it. I wish when I'd quit previously I'd tried the 810 plan because I think it works so much better for me.

Lets keep hoping and staying positive anyway.

Week 2 Day 2

Well I weighed in on Thursday and I've lost 5 1/2 lbs. My lowest hope for the first week was 3lb and highest was 7lb so 5.5 is good enough. Unfortunately it's TOTM (even though I'm not supposed to have these) plus I was extremley constipated and actually went about an hour after weigh in lol.

I've been poorly ever since and have had the runs. I think it's actually more of a tummy bug than anything else but I only had 1 pack yesterday and nothing else. I've also had nothing on packs today but did have 1 piece of dry toast about 2.30pm. Trying to soak it up a bit and give me some strength.

I called my CDC and she advised to do what I need to until I feel better and abviously that a piece of toast will be fine. She also wanted me to let her know when I'm feeling better which I liked. It's good to have the support.

I may have a weight loss whoosh next week, lol. If not as long as it's going in the right direction is good enough for me. I did end up having another piece of dry toast and a few chip shop chips off the kids plate :p

Feel a little stronger this evening. Off to chill out with some telly xxx

Back