Staying positive when losses plateau?

moolumps

Hi all, I may well be just menstrual and miserable today but I've realised that it's 6 weeks now since I got my 5 stone award and I've only lost 3 lbs since then. Things have definitely plateaued. I haven't really gone off plan at all, just the odd treat. I had high hopes of getting to target by Christmas but now feeling like there's no chance that that's going to happen, I would need to lose almost 3 lbs a week.

I know we've all done it, but hearing several people at group last night saying "I don't know how I managed that, I've been so bad" and even admitting to weekly takeaways and it has just left me feeling a bit miffed.

I'm sticking to plan and exercising like mad and not really seeing the results. I know I've done well to get this far and really I'm just having a down day when the temptation of being naughty is overwhelming me but I know I'll only feel worse if I give in.

Any tips on staying positive, or maybe boosting my losses to keep me going?

I suppose I just needed to moan and hopefully this will pass and I'll be back on track again soon.

Oh it's horrible I was like that for ages. It was only when u decided to add in two days success express a week that my weight started coming off again. Have you tried that? I also find closer to target I have to be happier with a pound loss. I read an article about percentage of body weight rather than weight and that explained that at my size now a good loss is 1/2 to a pound but at my old weight it was 2-3 pounds

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Wow 5st! What an amazing achievement- I can imagine your frustration though. Our bodies work in strange ways- maybe yours is just having a weight loss break! Have you tried the 'usual' tricks- switch up your hexbs, eat all your syns, a few success express days/meals, soups for lunch (recommend the soup challenge!), new meals/recipes. Also, how's your fluid intake?
I saw you have recently started exercising- that can take around 5wks to stop messing with the number on the scales.
If you could post a few days meals we can see if there is anything obvious that you might be overlooking xx

Thank you ladies, it has only been a couple of weeks of exercise so that will probably be one reason but things had definitely slowed down before I started, that's what pushed me to get off my backside!

I will have a look at some success express recipes, never tried it before because wasn't sure I could be so disciplined and worry about being hungry. Like the soup idea a lot, maybe some super speed soup will help.

I drink plenty, always weeing!! Meals are good, always cooked from scratch, often from SW recipes and always trying new things. My hexb is usually cereal as a quick breakfast. Tried the scan bran challenge before and gained 1.5lbs so not rushing back there!!

I should also accept that things do slow down and where I could easily lose 3 lb a week before, I need to be satisfied with 1 lb a week now.

Thank you ♥

I was really worried about being hungry in success express but actually feel really full on it esp as you get two Heb. I often do pizza with a wrap using Heb and hea if cheese salad and butternut squash chips.
I would say try it for one dayc

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I know we've all done it, but hearing several people at group last night saying "I don't know how I managed that, I've been so bad" and even admitting to weekly takeaways and it has just left me feeling a bit miffed.

My weight loss slowed right down when I got close to target, and this sort of comment at group used to drive me INSANE!! Sometimes I almost felt I should sit on my hands in case I got up and slapped someone!

I know it is really frustrating, but as others have said, I think you have to accept that weight loss will slow down as you get smaller. It took me five weeks to lose the last two pounds, but I kept at it and got there in the end. I also did a few days of success express in the last couple of weeks, and a lot of soup. Keep at it and good luck!

Thanks Rosiepop!

I've never done green or red, just EE. I've just signed up to start on Monday!

I see you're nearing the end of your weeks challenge!! Wishing you lots of luck for your weighin xx

Thanks Rosiepop!

I've never done green or red, just EE. I've just signed up to start on Monday!

I see you're nearing the end of your weeks challenge!! Wishing you lots of luck for your weighin xx

Yay! You'll love it :) great challenge, especially if you love your soup like me!
The good thing is everyone does it together, so we can all support each other, and all get our results together! X

Have lost 4 stone since last October but since July this year my weight loss had plateaued completely has well! I have had a few holidays from then and have been having at least one off plan meal a week but I'm glad I haven't put any on
This thread has helped me get a bit more focused to lose my last two stone! Going to try adding in two success express days a week, sounds like a great idea

Haven't been organised enough this week to try it yet but would love to know how you get on eieioo. Have been on plan 100% and stuck to my exercise so I know I'm being good but pretty sure the scales won't be budging tonight...

Back