Staying positive !!

Mel_2012

I really want to succeed and I,ve seen that there Is a lot of support on here. So I thought that if I start a journal that would help me stay on track.
In 2007 I had my gallbladder removed I was 159.5pounds a few months later I started to put on weight I ganged 40 pounds so I started watching what I eat and working out but it was like I was only may tannin my weight. In the last year I have put on even more weight my doctor has done test after test and nothing has come up wrong. So he put my on Xencial.
I started it on September 20, 2012, my starting weight was 235.5 pounds. It is day 4 for my now and I am 229 pounds I have lost 6.5 pounds. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it. Thant's for listen. I while post as I go.

Hi welcome, well done on starting and your 1st loss.

We're all here to support each other and any advise you need, just ask away :)

It's gone ok, have not had any accidents :) and even having almonds and the nakd cocoa loco bars as between tablet snacks has been ok, I was worried that the fish oil tablet I take before bed would cause issues but have been ok.

I think because I have my almonds (5 @ a time) and fish oil tablets a couple of hours after my xenical tablets it is ok.

Started my 2nd pack on Friday morning..

That is great to hear good for you. I've been doing good over the last couple days but I had fish for dinner and it is not making my tummy feel very nice right now.

Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey x

Hi & welcome Mel! There is a sticky thread which explains the rules if you don't already know them.... We also run challenges on the boards, a Christmas weight loss & a separate exercise challenge if you want to join them to help with motivation.

I'm an ex-xenner, was on them from Oct-Feb but stayed on here as its where I feel at home & can hopefully offer advice & support.

Good Luck with your journey xx

Mel_2012 said:
That is great to hear good for you. I've been doing good over the last couple days but I had fish for dinner and it is not making my tummy feel very nice right now.

Was it salmon? You have to be very careful, wild salmon is ok but farmed salmon is really high in fat x

Hello Mel!

I've been on the blue pills for two months now, just about....and this is a really lovely place! Everyone is so supportive!

And I had exactly the same experience with a piece of salmon! It was delicious ....but it certainly had a negative effect on my tum! (And was given the same, excellent advice as you have been given.....try and avoid the farmed variety and look for wild!)

My one tip for staying positive, is to focus on smaller goals and celebrate every little victory! I really don't want to think about how much I have got to lose....but I focus on each half stone at a time....and am now finding some clothes are a little looser.

First of all I just wanted to say thanks for everyones support it really does help alot :).

The fish i eat was base and I think I am diffently going to just stick with my chricken for now on. Im starting to get the hang of what foods are good to eat and to stay away from. If there are anytips on some good foods I'm all ears?

For my goals I'm going to do small goals because you are right, I really don't want to think of all the weight I need to lose. I was going with 10 pounds at a time I think that is good?

Today is my day 6 and all together I have lost 7.1 pounds Im feeling really good about it, but I am finding that today im feeling a bit lazy I know this is going to happen I just got to get over it and push myself .

Hi mel, why don't you post your food dairy on here and let see what your typical day looks like :)

Any lean cuts of meat are good, extra lean mince from sainsbury's, lean cuts of lamb, pork medallions, be good to yourself bacon.

Cooking with fry light cooking spray rather than oil/ butter, or if you can dry fry/ grill/ bake with no oil even better.

Some people are ok with eggs, others are not..

Yogurts are good, tesco now do a 200g pot of low fat natural yogurt - great on berries, muesli chopped up apple and cinnamon etc

When eating low fat snack items just be aware of the sugar content and cals per packet as these items can stall weight loss.

Food doctor items are good like the muesli bars which are within rules, just be aware some of the items are not.

So yesterday got a bit better I drag my but to the gym. Did cardio and weights.

My food for a day goes,

wake up have i slice of bread , 2 egg white 1 yoke

Apple or yogert for snack

for lunch a salad with diced chicken no dressing

for dinner skinless chicken brown rice and some kind of veg.

Mel_2012 said:
So yesterday got a bit better I drag my but to the gym. Did cardio and weights.

My food for a day goes,

wake up have i slice of bread , 2 egg white 1 yoke

Apple or yogert for snack

for lunch a salad with diced chicken no dressing

for dinner skinless chicken brown rice and some kind of veg.

Well done going to the gym!

Food looks good, just remember there are other lean meats apart from chicken :) turkey, lean beef sirloin/ rump steak, extra lean beef mince, lean cuts of pork and lamb :)

Mel - are you on My fitness Pal? Lots of us here use it to log our food/exercise and you can each others diaries for tips/ideas.

Well done on your loss so far, I eat lots of chicken as well. I try and prepare it in as many ways as possible to stop me from getting bored with it. I've recently discovered extra lean mince (4.5g of fat per 100g) which I have been making all sorts of meals with.

No where do I go to get on it? I have been tring new ways with the chicken, and i picked up a whey protine shack iso.

I messed up on my diet today, but I can't get to upset over it thing happen. I just half to learn and move on.

Good way to look at, lesson learnt.. Move on. Better choices next time :)

so started the jillian micheals clange will see what happens. lost half a pound this week at least it was something, better then nothing.

Back