Staying Slim!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by CuddlePaws, 27 November 2008 Social URL.

1. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I guess this question is aimed at some of you who need to maintain your weight, or have tried to do that in the past. As a yo-yo dieter I am always sceptical about my ability to stay at my target weight. In fact, I only ever got below 12 stone about fifteen years ago and that was for my best friends wedding where I had to sing! That was enough to make me shed all my excess weight alright.... but once the wedding was over i was like a starved animal attacking the fridge couldn't even wait to stuff myself silly at the reception! I only hope that I won't feel that way this time around!

I think that you don't have to eat too much more cals per day in order to maintain your target weight. It sounds like another diet on top of a diet! :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    hmm ok, i guess it must have been a silly question :eek:

4. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    not a silly question as I feel the same way! so ok it might be a silly question we are both asking!

I 'think' that its about moderation, that you can have a bad day, but the trick is not to let it turn into a bad week or month, and that it's not about being on a diet it's about being healthy.

5. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks for your reply :) I know a lady who lost 12 stones only to pile them back on again in less than a year. It so unnerved me, imagine having to go through all that hell twice!!

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, I counted calories for a while, but only so I really understood how much my body needed.

Now I just eat in moderation :) Don't count anything.

7. Janey2004

Janey2004 This is for ME!

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Scottish Slimmers
    Defo not a silly question. i often think about how I'm going to keep it off once at target. I think that is where my real battle will begin. I'm gonna stay at class as a lifetime member I think. But I do think that I will always have to watch what I'm eating and keep it on track. I have a whole new attitude to losing weight this time though, so I'm sure that will make a differance too. :)

8. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    I am with Helen on this.

I finished Cambridge back in April 2006 and I haven't done any sort of diet since and never would need to again. I don't restrict anything and have exactly what I like when I like BUT the absolute key is moderation!

For me also it was about breaking the emotional link I had with food and that was key to me otherwise I was going to go back to using food to cheer up with and that was a vicious circle that needed getting rid of :)

Mike

9. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    its all about the lifestyle change...not just the diet...i hate the word diet :break_diet:

10. bluet

bluet Banned

The problem with yo-yo diet is, you make yourself starving on a serious diet, and then you crave for more. This will actually increase your recent weight. You need to have a balanced diet plan

11. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.58%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating (no processed food)
    Snap totty!

Lifestyle change is one of the three reasons people who lose weight and keep it off permanently are successful...the 'diet' removes the weight/fat problem, but the lifestyle needs to adjust sometimes very dramatically in order to maintain the new healthy weight...it's all about daily exercise, portion control and behaviour modification...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.