Staying the same

Emmy_lu

Silver Member
I've been doing this about 9 weeks now and I'm still staying the same, I lost in the first week but since then I have stayed the same every week. I'm in ketosis as I've done the strips but the weights not coming off. Really confused

Hi Emmy_Lu- that definitely isn't right! when you stick to Atkins religiously you should lose 1-4lbs every week. Its hard to say whats going wrong without looking at a food diary, have you got one on here i can look at? if not, just give a brief over view of what you're consuming. Are you doing exercise? xx

Hi Emmy,

I've had a similar problem. I'm not sure why as I've kept my carbs low and according to stix, I'm still in ketosis. Happened first in September, I got stuck at 14st for two weeks, I went off plan for a holiday (to Italy of all places! Pasta and Pizza galore!) and went back to low carb as soon as I got back at the beginning of this month and started losing again. Now I've plateaued again, this time at 13st 7lbs. Currently looking into carb cycling as I think it might keep my body guessing a bit more. Sorry it's not really much of an answer but hope it makes you feel slightly better that you're not the only one!!

The other thing to look at, would be if you're including enough fat in your diet and not overeating protein. Your body will end up converting excess protein into glucose stores and then using that, which means you're not going to be burning fat.

Its annoying isnt it Rosie, especially when you know your sticking to it but now I'm thinking it might be something to do with fat that you said

thanks fatgirlslim, I'm eating bacon, fried eggs and sausages (0.7carb for 2) for breakfast. then burgers with cheese and bacon with few fried onions and cuecumber for dinner (burgers also low carb). Or I have burger/chicken saladAlso have 3 coffees with cream a day and the occasional bag of pork scratchings bit not often. I do t do any excersize other than running round after the kids. I just can't figure where in going wrong.
X

Hi Emma

What your eating sounds good. It must be so frustrating, I wish I had some advice for you. Hoping you get a massive whoosh soon.

Just had a thought, its a long shot but maybe your having too much sodium (most likely added to bacon, burgers, sausages ect) and its causing you to hold on to water? x

Do you think it could be that? I don't know what else I would eat without bacon but if it's holding me back I'll cut it out x

Possibly, maybe just cut back a bit and see if it makes a difference. Also, do you put salt on your food too? If you do, stop that and see if it helps before drastically changing what your eating. x

Yes I do, I thought we were ment to so I've been putting a little bit on. I'll stop that straight away xx

In the beginning it is advised to up your sodium intake (can't remember exactly why) but whenever I do I always retain water, so it's worth a try watching your intake x

Thx Hun no more salt for me. Really want this to work. Keep getting chocolate cravings but have not given in yet but it's so hard when I'm not losing weight x

Thx Hun no more salt for me. Really want this to work. Keep getting chocolate cravings but have not given in yet but it's so hard when I'm not losing weight x

That's dedication if I ever seen it! Not losing and still sticking to plan! I really hope it pays off soon, I'm sure all your hard work won't have been for nothing x

Emmy with your chocolate cravings, you are allowed some brands of dark chocolate. I have co-op Fairtrade dark chocolate, its 8g carbs for half of quite a big bar, so i just have a few squares now and then when i need it.

You are deffo eating the right things, i would suggest changing what you eat completely as if you've been eaten the same stuff for s while, your body may have got used to it. Heres what i have to give you some ideas:

Breakfast- An Atkins shake
Lunch- chicken and goats cheese salad
Snacks- pork scratchings and pieces of cheese
Tea- beef burgers (no bun or chips!)/ fish/ cornbeef and cheese/ chicken

Hope this helps xx

Thanks , I live the sound of the chocolate I'll keep some in just incase . Yeah think I will I've never had corn beef is it in a tin? X

Emmy with your chocolate cravings, you are allowed some brands of dark chocolate. I have co-op Fairtrade dark chocolate, its 8g carbs for half of quite a big bar, so i just have a few squares now and then when i need it.

You are deffo eating the right things, i would suggest changing what you eat completely as if you've been eaten the same stuff for s while, your body may have got used to it. Heres what i have to give you some ideas:

Breakfast- An Atkins shake
Lunch- chicken and goats cheese salad
Snacks- pork scratchings and pieces of cheese
Tea- beef burgers (no bun or chips!)/ fish/ cornbeef and cheese/ chicken

Hope this helps xx

I love dark chocolate! I don't think I could stop at just a few squares though :( what phase of Atkins did you start allowing yourself chocolate? I'm on week 3 and deciding to stick to induction for a bit long, not sure when to move on to OWL x

Same here I've been on induction for 2 months but it don't seem to be making me lose any more :-(

Maybe add some different veg in? Are u constipated? There is a lot of processed food, with sausage and burgers, maybe make your own burgers or have minute steak, or chicken instead?

Emmy- you can buy it in a tin or fresh in slices. The tinned it alot cheaper though! xx

thedream- ive been on and off the Atkins so many times i dont really stick to the induction rules, i just eat under 20g of carbs per day and it works :) so not sure if the dark choc is 'allowed' on it xx

How much do you roughly lose a week? X

Back