Step 1, 2 CWP products and a 200 cal meal?

Kayteeee

I’m trying to lose weight for a specific event on December 8th so I went for step 1 sole source. I know I could ask my consultant this but I’m not seeing them until Thursday and don’t like to badger them.

I miss real food but I know step 2 with 3 products and then a 200 cal meal would be too much for me and again, I want to lose as much weight as possible in these 7 weeks until the event. I have 3 or 4 stone to lose in total so just need to lose as much as I can before this event.

Does anyone know why I can’t do two products and then a 200 cal meal instead of 3 CWP products on step 1? If it has to be the 3 products then that’s fine, I’m definitely sticking with it, I’ve done ten days already and am so surprised I’ve stuck to it. Tried ww and sw loads of time and lasted 2/3 days at most!

I’m trying to lose weight for a specific event on December 8th so I went for step 1 sole source. I know I could ask my consultant this but I’m not seeing them until Thursday and don’t like to badger them.

I miss real food but I know step 2 with 3 products and then a 200 cal meal would be too much for me and again, I want to lose as much weight as possible in these 7 weeks until the event. I have 3 or 4 stone to lose in total so just need to lose as much as I can before this event.

Does anyone know why I can’t do two products and then a 200 cal meal instead of 3 CWP products on step 1? If it has to be the 3 products then that’s fine, I’m definitely sticking with it, I’ve done ten days already and am so surprised I’ve stuck to it. Tried ww and sw loads of time and lasted 2/3 days at most!

Hey, best of luck with your journey! I’m sure you will do great and it’s good to have a goal in December to keep you motivated :D

The reason they recommend 3 products is because that is the amount needed to provide all the required vitamins and minerals for one day - each product has 1/3 of your daily requirements. So without 3 you would be at risk of getting deficiencies long term. Another reason is that sometimes people find it easier to just refrain from normal food altogether, if you are making the meal yourself it can be tempting to add in extra calories or not be as strict with the portions.

In my opinion, I think the odd 200 cal low carb meal here and there instead of a product would be totally ok as you don’t get deficiencies overnight. It shouldn't mess up with your weight loss at all, but it would just leave you under your required vitamins for the day. Most people on non meal replacement diets are not getting all of their requirements either. But personally I wouldn’t want to risk doing it daily, however it’s totally your choice and your body :)

As a side note, I have only ever done Step 1B (4 products, 800 cals) or Step 2 (3 products + 200 cal meal) and I still lose as much as those on 600. So having your 3 products with the odd Step 2 meal is also an option! However, I am 5 foot 9 so they do not advise less than 4 products if you are tall!

Have you had your first weigh in yet? Xxx

Thank you, that’s all really great information. I have had my first weigh in, I post 7 pounds, couldn’t believe it! My starting weight was 12 stone, would love to be 9, I’m only 5 foot so I’m just a blob at the moment :eek:

Back