Let’s do this - restart 27/04/19 💃🏼

Hello All!

Today I began my Cambridge Weight Plan journey! At the moment I feel like nothing will stop me and my motivation is very high, but I realise that it’s going to get tougher when motivation slacks and the cravings hit... also not looking forward to the low carb withdrawal symptoms that will probably hit me over the next few days!

I’m 5 foot 8 and 14st6.5lb. This puts me at the beginning of the obesity range (BMI 30.8) and a 3 stone loss is needed to get into a healthy BMI range. Ten and a half stone has been my goal weight for as long as I can remember but my focus now is to FEEL good in myself and in my clothes, regardless of what weight that occurs at.

My main motivation is to just be healthier. I’ve spent so much time dieting and only caring about the number on the scales or the size of my jeans. Actually, I’m always too self conscious to wear jeans anyway but ye get the picture! For once I just want to look after myself properly because I deserve it - you all do too. I don’t want to stuff myself with sugar because I know it makes me feel crap. I don’t want to eat to cope with emotions because this doesn’t solve anything. I just want to treat my body right and move my ass more because it’s good for me! I realise CWP is a drastic measure but I need something drastic to kick start this new venture.

I am doing sole source and my plan is to switch between 1A and 1B, depending on hunger and also how active I’ve been that day. I imagine I will need 4 products for the first few days as my body will be in a state of shock! Once I get adjusted properly I might do 1A and 1B every second day, and try to get a good walk in on the 1B days. But I will just see how things go over the next few weeks!

This forum seems quiet enough but I am going to document my journey here daily to keep myself motivated and to get inspiration from others!

Hope you all have a lovely day - I’m looking forward to getting to know you all! Xx

Day 3 already and the first two days have gone well, despite a headache and generally feeling a bit weak and groggy. I believe I would be struggling a lot more on SS 1A so I am thankful to be tall enough for 4 products per day, hehe :p

I just had my original porridge and it was very yummy! I am loving the taste of everything to be honest so I must be very easily pleased. I’ve stuck to one porridge, 2 shakes and a bar per day - the bars are lovely with a cup of tea in the evening when I just fancy something to nibble on but I do find the shakes much more filling! I make them with tons of ice and they are honestly as good as a milkshake... in my hungry opinion anyway!

My two faves have been the choc mint shake and the strawberry + cherry smoothie - I was hesitant to buy the smoothies because they wouldn’t be my fave thing but they are the exact same as the shakes and again delicious with loads of ice!

I haven’t had to work yet since I started but tomorrow it’s back to reality so will be a harder test of my willpower! I’m thinking porridge at lunch time might be the most convenient as it only takes a minute and I’ll have no access to a blender or ice! But I also have a couple of chocolate tetras that I may try out too. I’ll still be having my breakfast, dinner and evening snack at home though so it’s really just lunch and trying fighting general cravings when I’m surrounded by people eating!

ALSO I had a sneaky weight check today and I’m 14st 2lb - so already down 4.5lb in just two days! It was a great motivation and has made the headache and all that worth it! :) I don’t want to get into the habit of weighing myself daily because I know it can fluctuate but I’ll prob check every 2-3 days to make it’s going in the right direction.

Have a nice Sunday if anyone even reads this, haha!

Hello you,

You are doing great already!

I've been there before the headaches will go away, mine were about 5-6 days in but it is so worth it.

I lost 2st in 2 months at the beginning of the year but then a breakup of my 17 year relationship happened so I've just not been feeling great tbh so came off, time to get back on it though!

Goal in 2018 for us.

Dxxx

Thanks Dolly - I should have started this thread in the other section but I’m glad you found me here ;)

Headache is already easing today on day 4 and I’m not feeling as hungry or tired, woohoo! Hoping it’s the end of the cravings!

Oh I’m so sorry to hear about that, definitely hard to keep up a diet when life throws us those kind of lemons. You have done it before so at least you know you can do it again! 2st in 2 months is incredible, I plan to go on step 2 once I’ve lost 2 stone and lose the remaining 1-2 stone on that. Xx

Yay to the headaches easing up.

I don't really feel very hungry on the plan at all, I'm just so bad with going on mad binges.

I eat my emotions but not just the bad ones, I use food to celebrate, commiserate, all reasons you could imagine. It's just got to stop.

Yeah done it before so I know for a fact that I can continue and lose this weight once and for all.

I want to lose 21lbs between now and the end of August, away to London for my friends birthday and want to feel good!

Dxxx

Day 5 already and I weighed in this morning at 13st 13.5lb, which means I’ve lost 7 pounds in 4 days. So happy that I’ve broke the 14 stone barrier and am also officially no longer obese. My week 1 goal was to be under 14 stone so I’m shocked to have hit it after just 4 days! Most happy about the new BMI of 29.7 though because for the first time I’m really trying to put the focus on my health instead of what I look like. I know a lot is water weight but I’m definitely feeling so much less bloated and my face isn’t as puffy!

Also the side effects have lessened and I’m feeling quite good! Still a very mild headache and slightly weak when I stand up too fast but nothing major and TOTALLY worth it! The hunger hasn’t fully gone yet but no intense cravings to binge, which I’m feeling very thankful for because sometimes I’ve no control when those urges creep in.

Meeting my consultant for the first time on Thursday so excited for that as she seemed lovely over phone. Looking forward to stocking up on my faves too and trying out a couple of new products! Xx

Day 6 and it's the first day that I've really wanted proper food. I was all out of my porridge so I'm just soaking my rice pudding now, first time trying it so I hope I like it. I'm not tempted to binge but today I'm asking myself 'why don't you just try eat healthily instead of CWP' and 'why don't you try a normal lower carb diet instead'. I'm craving poached eggs and avocado on toast with some feta cheese... yum yum yum. BUT I know I'm not mentally ready to start eating totally normally because once I start there'll be no stopping me, and a salad will soon become bread which will soon become biscuits and cakes.
I am stronger than my urges... WE ARE STRONGER, LOL :pillowfight::drunk:

Update: the vanilla rice pudding was delicious! If you like the vanilla shake and the porridge then I think you’ll love it. I left it soak for 20 mins because a few people have commented that 10 mins isn’t enough to soften the rice, and I also added a little extra water to make it thinner - and to make it last longer! :p:p:p

Just had a doctor’s appointment and she commented that I’ve got ketones in my urine! I didn’t mention Cambridge because I feel she would have lectured me to just ‘eat less and move more’ but at least I know I’m probably in ketosis! I’ve got a urine infection too so I hope the antibiotics won’t be too hard on my tummy with such little food in it o_O

Oh sounds yummy!

I really just like the shakes and the bars, feel like I will just stick with them until I am bored then maybe try some other treats.

Yay to being in ketosis.

Dxxx

Oh sounds yummy!

I really just like the shakes and the bars, feel like I will just stick with them until I am bored then maybe try some other treats.

Yay to being in ketosis.

Dxxx

Great idea to keep some new things until you get bored - I’ve done the same and we’ll be glad of them in a few weeks time when we’ve choc mint coming out our ears LOL xx

Day 7 and I’ve just had my first meeting with my consultant - she had sent me my first week of products in the post as I wanted to start last week but she couldn’t meet me until today. She was very nice and definitely someone who I think will help to keep me motivated. She doesn’t just sell you the products and send you on your way either - everyone gets a full 30 min slot so she’s very thorough. The verdict is... 11.5lb in 6 days! Feeling happy, lighter and like it was all worth it! The cravings are settling down too and it is starting to feel like routine now. I do still have a mild headache though.

From now on I’m only going to weigh in with her each Thursday because I don’t want to become obsessed with weighing myself each day at home, and it’ll be a nice surprise each week then :D

Staying on Step 1B for now anyway - there’s definitely no point in changing anything right now given how well it is working for me. Some new products to try to keep things exciting this week... it’s the little things, haha! :p:p

Day 8 and I’ve officially survived the first week, woohoo! :D I feel great! I think I am definitely over the hump - the headache is 95% gone, I don’t feel weak or lethargic anymore, and I’m not craving foods that are off plan. I do still get hungry but I look forward to my CWP product and there are no urges to eat something else! It feels amazing to not having to consistently fight cravings, I just don’t want the foods I used to eat and I feel like I’m in control of my diet for the first time in years.

This week I’m going to introduce some light exercise - just a few 5k brisk walks but nothing strenuous. I love doing that for mental health and clarity more than anything, and I tend to sleep better when I’ve been active!

Here’s to a successful week 2! :worthy: Xx

Day 9. Today didn’t go as well as I’d hoped - I ended up adding in an extra 250 cal meal (3 eggs + green beans + onion) on top of my 4 products. I’ve just been SO hungry and nothing is filling me up today! It’s crazy how I can go from 100% motivation thinking nothing can stop me to wanting to eat everything in just a few minutes! o_O

I had a much earlier start than usual so I had my first meal at 6.30am and I think that really messed up my usual routine and the timing of how I’ve been eating. I didn’t even enjoy eating proper food and I instantly regretted it. BUT on the grand scheme of things I am happy that the extra calories were lowish in carbs and at least I didn’t binge on biscuits and sugary processed foods like I have done many times! I also ate the meal because I was genuinely really hungry - it wasn’t emotional eating, something I’m really trying to stop. I’m just disappointed in myself for not having enough willpower :oops:

I’m wondering if I’m still perhaps not in ketosis... I know for some people it can take longer and my 4 products is over 80-90g carbs. I don’t think I’ve any other symptoms of keto either. I’m considering trying 3 products per day instead to see if this helps!

Onwards and upwards tomorrow! Xx

I think sometimes your body needs a bit extra and as you say you didn’t go out of the bounds of the diet you added only what you needed, that’s control, pat on the back for that. It won’t make a hoop of difference to your weight loss. The fact you had such a large loss in the first week I’m pretty convinced you’re in ketosis. If you think it might of slipped go back to the shakes only for 3 to 7 days and see what happens. Everyone is different. Week two is a pretty hard week and the adjustment is still continuing ( this is my observation only)
Jx

Thanks for the support Jen, I hope that’s what it is and it’ll be good for my metabolism too I guess. Motivation is very low today though and I want to eat everything in sight - my stomach won’t stop rumbling and I’m craving carbohydrates badly! My eyes also go black whenever I stand up and I’ve to sit back down to stop myself fainting. o_O

Woke up extremely bloated too - I was already finding it hard to go to the toilet and the solid meal on top of it yesterday didn’t help things so I feel quite swollen and uncomfortable.

Really worried that I might cave in but I’m determined not to! Will just keep gulping water in the hopes that it tricks my brain into thinking I’m full!!! :p Xx

Back