Let’s do this - restart 27/04/19 💃🏼

Hi, I ‘m Rolo and I am on day 6 of Cambridge. I have 4 stone to lose and my weigh in day is Monday looking forward to seeing the results. I am currently having 3 products a day and lots and lots of water been ok up to now day 5 was my worst day just felt a bit dizzy and energyless! Feeling better today though. Good luck

Hey Rolo!

Well done for surviving the first 5 days! Can totally relate to the dizziness, for me things started to improve the day after I had the dizzy spells so hopefully it’ll be onwards and upwards for you from now on! I have a 4 stone goal also - 1 down, 3 to go!

What are you fave products so far? :classic_big_grin:

Best of luck on Monday, hopefully you’ll be rewarded with a nice number! Xxx

Hey Zohrah!

Best of luck on your CWP journey - you can do it! The first week or so will be tough but once you get past that you’ll be flying it. For me it took about 10 days to get over the hump but 3 products might get you into ketosis quicker than me so you might adjust faster!

A stone a month is definitely doable and you may even lose more than this in the first month. I’ve lost my first stone in 2 weeks - it’s crazy! I’ve 3 stone to goal and 2 stone to a healthy BMI so hopefully about 3 months for me. Then the really hard work of maintaining begins!!!

Not sure if you’ve ever done a meal replacement diet before but I find blending the shakes with ice is a massive help in filling me up. I don’t find them particularly nice just mixed with water but blended with about 10 ice cubes and 250ml of cold water will make a massive creamy milkshake, fills about a pint glass. If you like coffee, the vanilla and chocolate shakes are lovely with a spoon of coffee added. I use a nutribullet to blend mine but any blender or smoothie maker should work for you :classic_big_grin:

Make sure to get in enough water too, I found the recommended 2.5L too little for me to prevent headaches in the first few days. You will be losing tons of water weight in the first week so I would up this to 3.5 to 4 L until you are definitely in ketosis!

Best of luck, let us know how you get on tomorrow! Xxx
Thank you so much for all your tips and advice, unfortunately my cdc text me half an hour before my visit to cancel, so shes rearranged a visit on Monday afternoon, so i will be starting Tuesday. I’m really looking forward to it, i will keep you posted 😃

Hey Rolo!

Well done for surviving the first 5 days! Can totally relate to the dizziness, for me things started to improve the day after I had the dizzy spells so hopefully it’ll be onwards and upwards for you from now on! I have a 4 stone goal also - 1 down, 3 to go!

What are you fave products so far? :classic_big_grin:

Best of luck on Monday, hopefully you’ll be rewarded with a nice number! Xxx

Hi, Thanks for your message, definitely feeling better today feel really full after my 1st shake.
I am only having shakes at the moment the very low calorie ones. I like the strawberry, chocolate and vanilla not so keen on the banana. Going to try and stay on these for the next 3 weeks then if I get bored swop to the other range and maybe have bars and smoothies too. Was hard last night watching my family eat their lovely tea but I really want this for me. I hate being overweight I have lost my confidence and I want it back! Which products do you like the most? X

TWO WEEKS DONE, woohoo! :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin:

Had my WI this morning and in week 2 I have lost 3lb, adding up to 1st 0.5lb loss in total so far. Feeling really happy with that, especially because I wasn’t perfectly on plan at the weekend! But it hasn’t seemed to affect things too drastically anyway.

I also think I might finally be in ketosis... at last!!! My mouth really tastes quite horrible and cravings are completely gone! Didn’t even feel like I needed all my meals yesterday or the day before. Maybe it just took me longer than most due to the higher amount of carbs in 4 products, as most people here seem to be on 3!

Feeling really excited and motivated for a successful third week now! At the moment I’m 13st 6lb so my next big goal is to get into the 12st something range. Hopefully two more weeks will definitely get me there! Will not be weighing in again until I meet my consultant on Thursday :classic_roll_eyes:

Ps. Had my first lemon bar today for breakfast and WOW! So much better than I was expecting and I just wish I didn’t get only one now! If you like lemon cakes/cookies then I think you’ll love it and the yogurt coating was closer to white chocolate - or maybe I have just been away from food for too long! Will definitely be stocking up on them on Thurs. Exante products are due to arrive Monday or Tuesday too so will be nice to try some new things from there too!

Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have a lovely weekend! Xx

That’s great that you are in ketosis you just can’t do it with out the protection it brings. Roll on week 3:woohoo:The lemon bars are great but the strawberry and apple ones are even better, there can’t believe I said it. They have a slight toffee after taste too. You will need to do a taste comparison of the exante products when you get them. Will be good to get a bit of variety as well.

Congrats on the losses you are doing brilliantly it is fab whenyou drop into the lower stone bracket. The 12s really are just round the corner
Jx

Thank you so much for all your tips and advice, unfortunately my cdc text me half an hour before my visit to cancel, so shes rearranged a visit on Monday afternoon, so i will be starting Tuesday. I’m really looking forward to it, i will keep you posted 😃

No problem at all! Oh no but at least you’ll have a couple of more days to mentally prepare yourself now! It could help you to gradually reduce your carbs today and tomorrow, not sure if your consultant mentioned that but it says it on the Cambridge website to do so before starting Step 1 in order to prevent major sugar withdrawal. Unfortunately I used the night before I started as ‘the last supper’ so the detox was intense! Maybe loading up on the carbs contributed to 10 days of side effects. Best of luck with your meeting tomorrow! Xxx

Hi, Thanks for your message, definitely feeling better today feel really full after my 1st shake.
I am only having shakes at the moment the very low calorie ones. I like the strawberry, chocolate and vanilla not so keen on the banana. Going to try and stay on these for the next 3 weeks then if I get bored swop to the other range and maybe have bars and smoothies too. Was hard last night watching my family eat their lovely tea but I really want this for me. I hate being overweight I have lost my confidence and I want it back! Which products do you like the most? X

Glad you are feeling better today! Oh are they the 150 calorie ones? I am in Ireland and my consultant said they are banned here so we have the 200 cal ones. No wonder you were dizzy!

I can totally relate, it’s such a vicious cycle of having no confidence, eating to make yourself feel better and then that making us fatter and even less confident! Ahhhhh. We can do it though. I feel so much better after 2.5 weeks and I’m sure you will too after another week or so. Watching others eat is definitely hard but once they have finished I always focus on how proud I am of myself for not giving in!

The bars will be such a treat when you do have them so it’ll be extra special for you then. My fave product is the lemon yogurt bar - it tastes like a lemon cookie cake covered in white choclate, not like a ‘diet product’ at all. I also love the peanut butter bar, the cherry and strawberry smoothie and the porridge! But to be honest I do like almost everything, some I prefer than others and I fancy different things on different days. I tend to have 1 porridge, 2 shakes/smoothies and 1 bar per day. Been trying to mix things up a lot as I don’t want to get sick of things too quickly if I have them all the time!

Is your consultant a good support? Xx

That’s great that you are in ketosis you just can’t do it with out the protection it brings. Roll on week 3:woohoo:The lemon bars are great but the strawberry and apple ones are even better, there can’t believe I said it. They have a slight toffee after taste too. You will need to do a taste comparison of the exante products when you get them. Will be good to get a bit of variety as well.

Congrats on the losses you are doing brilliantly it is fab whenyou drop into the lower stone bracket. The 12s really are just round the corner
Jx

Thanks Jen and let me tell you... the monster breath has arrived today! o_Oo_Oo_O I’m trying to see the positives in it so I am imagining that it must be just my fat cells dying and decaying inside of me hahaha! Will definitely pick up the strawberry and apple bars on Thursday - I didn’t think I’d like the lemon bar so I’m sure this will be the same! Xxx

Day 17 already, the time is really flying by and I feel slimmer, especially in my face and neck! Excited to see where I’ll be in 17 more days and determined to stay away from the scales until my weigh in on Thurs! ;)

I feel great overall. The only main issue I am having at the moment is constipation and the bloating that comes with it - I am not going to the loo much at all so I feel really blocked up and swollen in my tummy. I had a Step 2 low carb meal last night and it has helped a little, but I have just bought some Senokot to take tonight which will hopefully help clear me out!!! I know that iron supplements can cause constipation and the amount of iron added in 4 products is quite high and much more than I need, so perhaps that is contributing along with not nearly enough fibre!

On a positive note, I am sleeping really well and waking up both earlier and more refreshed than I’ve felt in a long time. I recall having insomnia on previous low carb diets where I would be wide awake for hours during the night - but thankfully this seems to be fine, maybe it’s because there are still some carbs in the products!

I’m off to the library now to do some study - 3 years of medical school notes to revise before I hit the hospital wards in Sept as a student doctor! Hoping to feel much more comfortable and confident in myself by then! I’ve my toffee bar packed for later to keep me going. Xx

Glad you are feeling better today! Oh are they the 150 calorie ones? I am in Ireland and my consultant said they are banned here so we have the 200 cal ones. No wonder you were dizzy!

I can totally relate, it’s such a vicious cycle of having no confidence, eating to make yourself feel better and then that making us fatter and even less confident! Ahhhhh. We can do it though. I feel so much better after 2.5 weeks and I’m sure you will too after another week or so. Watching others eat is definitely hard but once they have finished I always focus on how proud I am of myself for not giving in!

The bars will be such a treat when you do have them so it’ll be extra special for you then. My fave product is the lemon yogurt bar - it tastes like a lemon cookie cake covered in white choclate, not like a ‘diet product’ at all. I also love the peanut butter bar, the cherry and strawberry smoothie and the porridge! But to be honest I do like almost everything, some I prefer than others and I fancy different things on different days. I tend to have 1 porridge, 2 shakes/smoothies and 1 bar per day. Been trying to mix things up a lot as I don’t want to get sick of things too quickly if I have them all the time!

Is your consultant a good support? Xx

Hi,
Yes I am on the 150 cal shakes they are still for sale here but the limited products and flavours mean I probably won’t stay on them for the whole time I am on Cambridge. Think I would be more likely to cheat if I don’t have variety. My consultant is lovely she is very easy to talk too. She said when I want to switch to the 200 cal ones I will notice a massive difference and feel fuller I just wanted to try the lower ones first.

I want as much weight off as possible before 15th September as I am going to a fancy dress party and normally I would be too self conscious to dress up but I really want to!

I went for a bath tonight while they had their tea! Going to buy some new bubble bath and face masks for next Saturday so I can have a pamper session while they eat.

I joined a gym on Saturday something I never thought I would do but I walked in to book my son some boxing lessons and I just felt really comfortable the staff are lovely and it’s a lovely gym. I have a bad back and currently have physio but the physio told me to do as much exercise as I could to strengthen my back so that’s what I am going to do.

Feeling loads better and it’s lovely to have people to talk too. Your advice and support is really appreciated xx

Day 18 - you smash it!

Wow a student Dr go you, I could never do a job like that I couldn't handle all the gore and body fluids LOL

Takes a special kind of person and you are that!

Dxxx

Hello there!

Yeah my consultant said the same - Step 1A, 1B and 2 are basically the same in terms of losses but some people just find staying away from food altogether much easier to stick to, which I can totally understand, especially at the beginning! But doing Step 2 properly will still give great losses and in my opinion it’s probably actually better for your metabolism, digestive system and overall relationship with food :classic_big_grin::classic_tongue: I don’t think I would stay on Step 1 for more than 4-6 weeks as I would like to learn to eat real food without going crazy if that makes sense so I’ll transition to Step 2 before goal, especially because for me both are 800 calories anyway. But I’ll just take things day by day and really try to listen to my body :classic_smile: This week I’ve not wanted anything other than my products so that’s what I’ve been doing!

Well done on your weight loss! -3/4lb is better than gaining weight so don’t beat yourself up! The metabolism increase from the chocolate should give you a good loss next week too if you stay on plan haha. We also fluctuate so much depending on our monthly cycle so that might be at play too! I always find I’m much heavier just before my period, sometimes by a good few pounds! I’m also always a lot hungrier and craving all the sugar so maybe that adds to things too hahaha! :classic_roll_eyes:

Wow I can imagine that going to Mexico was a great motivation! I would looove to go there! Was it amazing?! Goals really are so important for us to stay on track and it’s great that you’ve the 40th and the jumpsuit for some motivation! My main goal is that I’m studying to be a doctor at the moment and in September I’ll be starting my placements in hospitals as a medical student, which means wearing scrubs a lot of the time. They are so unflattering and clingy on everyone and I just want to be able to grab some without them being tight on my hips/ass/tummy. I want to really be able to focus on the work instead of being self conscious and worrying how horrible I feel about myself! I also want to be a better role model for the patients that I see because there’s nothing worse than a chubby doctor giving out weight loss advice lol!

Today is my day 14 so tomorrow I will have my 2 week weigh in at home.... aghhh! I lost 11.5lb last week so I’m not expecting a huge number, especially after the carbs on Sunday. I would be incredibly happy with 2.5lb as this would bring me to exactly 1 stone in 2 weeks but we shall see in the morning! I meet my consultant on Thursdays but I couldn’t make it today - I can collect my products from the office tomorrow but she won’t be there to weigh in!

How did you get on today? Xx

Hi! So sorry, have had a crazy busy week and I don't seem to be getting notifications for this :rolleyes:

Huge well done on your week 2 weigh in, that's brilliant!! It's great when you start to feel the difference, really does spur you on :woohoo:
I had real issues with constipation too, mentioned it to my consultant and she gave me some fibre. You take a spoonful every day, it really does help (without the sometimes extreme help of senna!), i've stuck with it now cos there's nothing worse than that horrible feeling.

Hahaha i like your thinking with the chocolate :p I'm all over the place with periods etc at the minute, and i'm sure that's not helping matters

Mexico was so good, already looking for the start of next year again :D I can imagine scrubs would be very unforgiving, you'll be feeling brilliant by the time September comes round :classic_big_grin:

How you getting on not jumping on the scales? It's so difficult when you're feeling a difference and wanting to see them dropping eh! Not long til Thursday though :classic_smile: xx

Hi,
Yes I am on the 150 cal shakes they are still for sale here but the limited products and flavours mean I probably won’t stay on them for the whole time I am on Cambridge. Think I would be more likely to cheat if I don’t have variety. My consultant is lovely she is very easy to talk too. She said when I want to switch to the 200 cal ones I will notice a massive difference and feel fuller I just wanted to try the lower ones first.

I want as much weight off as possible before 15th September as I am going to a fancy dress party and normally I would be too self conscious to dress up but I really want to!

I went for a bath tonight while they had their tea! Going to buy some new bubble bath and face masks for next Saturday so I can have a pamper session while they eat.

I joined a gym on Saturday something I never thought I would do but I walked in to book my son some boxing lessons and I just felt really comfortable the staff are lovely and it’s a lovely gym. I have a bad back and currently have physio but the physio told me to do as much exercise as I could to strengthen my back so that’s what I am going to do.

Feeling loads better and it’s lovely to have people to talk too. Your advice and support is really appreciated xx

Oh you will find them so filling when you swap! They really are good blended with loads of ice. I love the porridge too, I know some people don’t like it but if you like porridge normally then I expect you’ll like it. It makes a massive bowl too! :classic_roll_eyes:

15th September is a great goal because it’s not too far in the distance but it’s also long enough for you to make a big dent in your weight loss by then! :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin:

Best of luck with gym, be careful you don’t overdo it on such low calories xxx

Hi! So sorry, have had a crazy busy week and I don't seem to be getting notifications for this :rolleyes:

Huge well done on your week 2 weigh in, that's brilliant!! It's great when you start to feel the difference, really does spur you on :woohoo:
I had real issues with constipation too, mentioned it to my consultant and she gave me some fibre. You take a spoonful every day, it really does help (without the sometimes extreme help of senna!), i've stuck with it now cos there's nothing worse than that horrible feeling.

Hahaha i like your thinking with the chocolate :p I'm all over the place with periods etc at the minute, and i'm sure that's not helping matters

Mexico was so good, already looking for the start of next year again :D I can imagine scrubs would be very unforgiving, you'll be feeling brilliant by the time September comes round :classic_big_grin:

How you getting on not jumping on the scales? It's so difficult when you're feeling a difference and wanting to see them dropping eh! Not long til Thursday though :classic_smile: xx

Hello you!

Yes this things is very odd with notifications - I only get them sometimes!

Getting on great diet wise, have another UTI though so upped the cals a bit yesterday to give my immune system some energy! But I have easily been staying on plan. The senna worked too thankfully and nothing too extreme LOL :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_oops: My consultant mentioned that fibre supplement alright but she actually told me that psyllium husks are better! I bought the powder today in Holland and Barrett so I’m going through try it tonight in a shake!

How are you getting on? Has the motivation come back? Hope you are finding this week easier! xxx

Day 19 whaaaat! Can’t believe I’ve been doing this for almost 3 weeks now. Diet wise things are going great but I woke up yesterday with a fever, aches and feeling horrible, and it turns out my UTI has returned in full force so I’m back on the antibiotics... I guess the low calories hadn’t helped in giving my immune system much energy to fight the infection the first time! Even though I wasn’t hungry, I had a low carb meal yesterday instead of a shake to up the calories a little (about 950 total for the day) and I’m feeling much better today from it!!!

I loved being able to eat that meal and not feel like losing control or wanting to eat everything in the house. I definitely feel like my hunger cues are being reset and that makes me so so happy! Even if the extra calories interfere with my weigh in on Thurs, I don’t mind because I’m in this for the long haul and I want to make sustainable changes rather than just seeing this as a quick fix! :cool:

Also my EXANTE products arrived!!! I’ve been combining them with my CWP products yesterday and today! I’ve had 1 shake and 2 bars so far from Exante and I’m impressed overall. The packaging is really nice, not that it matters as much as the taste! So the lemon cheesecake shake was to die for blended with ice, I would go as far as saying that it was nicer than any CWP shake I’ve tried, and that’s saying a lot because I love all of them. It really tasted like lemon cheesecake and had an almost toffee biscuit aftertaste! It’s sort of the like CWP key lime pie but better. However, the bars weren’t as nice as CWP. I’ve tried the peanut butter and chocolate coconut ones, and they were fine but nothing special. I would order the peanut butter one again but not the coconut (and I usually like coconut things). BUT the bars are super high in fibre and half the carbs as the CWP ones... so that’s definitely a bonus.

I’ll try some more things over the next few days and keep you guys posted! Xxx

Hello you!

Yes this things is very odd with notifications - I only get them sometimes!

Getting on great diet wise, have another UTI though so upped the cals a bit yesterday to give my immune system some energy! But I have easily been staying on plan. The senna worked too thankfully and nothing too extreme LOL :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_oops: My consultant mentioned that fibre supplement alright but she actually told me that psyllium husks are better! I bought the powder today in Holland and Barrett so I’m going through try it tonight in a shake!

How are you getting on? Has the motivation come back? Hope you are finding this week easier! xxx

Ooh i might give that a try, still having real issues in that department :confused: let me know if it tastes of anything, that's one good thing about the fibre, doesn't taste at all

Not great you've got another UTI, feel better soon, def upping the calories sounds like the way to help fight it

Getting there, had an audit at work yesterday and today and the lunch looked really good, but just had a couple of chicken skewers then had my bar when they all had the cakes. Really feel like i'm getting my head back in the zone, if it's not worth it i'm not even thinking about it! So that's you nearly at 3 weeks, has it flown by? It's so worth it eh xxx

Sorry to hear about the uti, hope it racks off soon. It’s incredable how the time flys. Thanks for the exante review was very interested in the coconut ones but you’ve confirmed what I thought. If you see the cookies and cream bar order some. The go out of stock quickly and are by all accounts none of the best
Jx

Ooh i might give that a try, still having real issues in that department :confused: let me know if it tastes of anything, that's one good thing about the fibre, doesn't taste at all

Not great you've got another UTI, feel better soon, def upping the calories sounds like the way to help fight it

Getting there, had an audit at work yesterday and today and the lunch looked really good, but just had a couple of chicken skewers then had my bar when they all had the cakes. Really feel like i'm getting my head back in the zone, if it's not worth it i'm not even thinking about it! So that's you nearly at 3 weeks, has it flown by? It's so worth it eh xxx

Ugh sorry you’re having the same problem! It’s the worst because I think it stops us feeling like the tummy is getting any flatter when it’s always so bloated and swollen! I totally forgot to try out the psyllium husks in my shakes yesterday and today - your comment only reminded me that I had bought it hahaha! I will test it later but I imagine it’ll be a few days before it starts to work!

Thank you, antibiotics are already kicking in and I’m feeling a bit better! I’ve to go for an ultrasound on my kidney this afternoon. Diet wise I’ve been finding it so easy, it really does just become a routine and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything :classic_big_grin:

Woo well done for surviving that lunch! It must have been tough at the time but I bet you felt great afterwards for not going mad! Glad to hear you’re finding this week easier - it’s so frustrating when you want something so much but your brain just convinces you that sugar is more important! What do your work mates think about you doing Cambridge? Xxx

Back