Let’s do this - restart 27/04/19 💃🏼

Sorry to hear about the uti, hope it racks off soon. It’s incredable how the time flys. Thanks for the exante review was very interested in the coconut ones but you’ve confirmed what I thought. If you see the cookies and cream bar order some. The go out of stock quickly and are by all accounts none of the best
Jx

Thanks Jen! It’s already starting to ease off thankfully! Yeah I was expecting a bounty bar but it couldn’t have been more different haha. BUT I had the lemon crispy bar last and it was fantastic - was like a rice crispy squares bar but lemon flavour. Would definitely order it again! Tried porridge this morning and it was VILE - threw it in the bin and made my CWP one! Will keep an eye out for those bars, the strawberry crispy bar is meant to be amazing too. You planning on ordering some to try out? Xxx

Ugh sorry you’re having the same problem! It’s the worst because I think it stops us feeling like the tummy is getting any flatter when it’s always so bloated and swollen! I totally forgot to try out the psyllium husks in my shakes yesterday and today - your comment only reminded me that I had bought it hahaha! I will test it later but I imagine it’ll be a few days before it starts to work!

Thank you, antibiotics are already kicking in and I’m feeling a bit better! I’ve to go for an ultrasound on my kidney this afternoon. Diet wise I’ve been finding it so easy, it really does just become a routine and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything :classic_big_grin:

Woo well done for surviving that lunch! It must have been tough at the time but I bet you felt great afterwards for not going mad! Glad to hear you’re finding this week easier - it’s so frustrating when you want something so much but your brain just convinces you that sugar is more important! What do your work mates think about you doing Cambridge? Xxx

That's good you're feeling a but better, pain in the neck getting them all the time tho eh!

I've had mixed comments from work. At the start i wanted to keep it a secret but then i thought well why should i, it's working for me and has been proven to work! Some really positive comments and it's lovely when people notice the losses, have had a few people say horrible things tho, and i've decided i'm not gonna entertain a conversation with them about it anymore. My boss is doing slimming world and is very derogatory about Cambridge (again on front of auditors this week!! :rolleyes:) so i don't mention anything about weight anymore and i don't ask how she's getting on either, she made me feel so small

Good luck for ultrasound xxx

Thanks Jen! It’s already starting to ease off thankfully! Yeah I was expecting a bounty bar but it couldn’t have been more different haha. BUT I had the lemon crispy bar last and it was fantastic - was like a rice crispy squares bar but lemon flavour. Would definitely order it again! Tried porridge this morning and it was VILE - threw it in the bin and made my CWP one! Will keep an eye out for those bars, the strawberry crispy bar is meant to be amazing too. You planning on ordering some to try out? Xxx

I am planning to order some but it ll be well down the line once I ve left Cambridge to use for a 5:2 life style. But the lemon bars review is good to know, as you know I do like a lemon bar🙂 the porridge how ever will not be ordered as I know you re like me and can enjoy a variety of things

Hope all good for you today
Jx

That's good you're feeling a but better, pain in the neck getting them all the time tho eh!

I've had mixed comments from work. At the start i wanted to keep it a secret but then i thought well why should i, it's working for me and has been proven to work! Some really positive comments and it's lovely when people notice the losses, have had a few people say horrible things tho, and i've decided i'm not gonna entertain a conversation with them about it anymore. My boss is doing slimming world and is very derogatory about Cambridge (again on front of auditors this week!! :rolleyes:) so i don't mention anything about weight anymore and i don't ask how she's getting on either, she made me feel so small

Don’t you listen to that sanctimonious biatch 😤 any slimming plan has it fall offs. why people become such zealots about their way I do not know but there are many ways to reach your goal and some ways work better for one and not the other. Don’t give her a second thought. However do enjoy the larger weight loss that you ll be displaying 😉Show no shame! Is my motto stand tall, their/ her opinion does not matter what works for you does. Do not let them see that that their comments have any effect as it shuts them up a hell of a lot quicker. Do what is right for you
Jx

Thank you! Turns out infection has gone up high into my kidney so I’m on stronger antibiotics now for a couple of weeks. Hopefully these will sort it out. Feeling ok but not myself at all! I hate taking medications in general but has to be done! :rolleyes:

Oh wow that’s so rude! I find so many slimming world people to be like that to be honest! It’s like they think their way is the only way?! It’s ridiculous because we know that different things work for different people and we certainly aren’t telling everyone to do Cambridge! Hopefully you’ll take that as inspiration to prove her wrong! It’s good that some of them are supporting you though.

I am living back home for the summer until I go back to uni next month, so initially I was keeping it quiet from my family because my mom in particular is very anti-diet! She knows that I’m replacing most of meals with shakes and smoothies etc. but I haven’t specifically said I’m doing Cambridge or that it’s 800 calories. I haven’t told any friends yet!

How did you get on yesterday? I’m off to weigh in soon :classic_big_grin: Xx

I am planning to order some but it ll be well down the line once I ve left Cambridge to use for a 5:2 life style. But the lemon bars review is good to know, as you know I do like a lemon bar🙂 the porridge how ever will not be ordered as I know you re like me and can enjoy a variety of things

Hope all good for you today
Jx

Hahaha you do love your lemon bars! I’m off to weigh in now and I’m going to buy some strawberry and apple bars as you requested :p:p

Don’t you listen to that sanctimonious biatch 😤 any slimming plan has it fall offs. why people become such zealots about their way I do not know but there are many ways to reach your goal and some ways work better for one and not the other. Don’t give her a second thought. However do enjoy the larger weight loss that you ll be displaying 😉Show no shame! Is my motto stand tall, their/ her opinion does not matter what works for you does. Do not let them see that that their comments have any effect as it shuts them up a hell of a lot quicker. Do what is right for you
Jx

PREACH! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 Xx

How amazingly rude of your boss. It extremely inappropriate for a manager too. Just makes me wonder if she's jealous!

I think I read somewhere that SW and vclds are the same in terms of long term results. ie some people keep at goal and some people don't! With the new research at Newcastle University and others, the vclds are now well regarded by informed people as a way for us to reverse diabetes type 2, and to avoid getting it. There have been two tv programmes recently sharing that info.

I'm a returner. I remember last time (2012) it was difficult to ask for what I wanted to do my shakes at family and friends' meals and restaurants. This time, I'm out and proud. I don't tell them what system I'm using (Alevere). I don't talk about it unless they ask me. Then I make a limited response.

My programme allows me very low carb green veg and salads and mushrooms and up to 200g of other low carb things like onion, tomatoes and some other veg grown above the soil, which could include a few raspberries & strawberries. So this time I just tell people I'm on a weight programme and need a green salad (if I'm having lunch) or some courgettes, mushrooms, ro whatever stir fried with a very little oil. Sometimes I take them ready prepared.

Absolutely right - you do not have to JADE - Justify, Argue, Defend or Explain your choice to do Cambridge. Your sweetest revenge will be to get to goal and stay there. So don't JADE, just do! You go, CMcG!

How amazingly rude of your boss. It extremely inappropriate for a manager too. Just makes me wonder if she's jealous!

I think I read somewhere that SW and vclds are the same in terms of long term results. ie some people keep at goal and some people don't! With the new research at Newcastle University and others, the vclds are now well regarded by informed people as a way for us to reverse diabetes type 2, and to avoid getting it. There have been two tv programmes recently sharing that info.

I'm a returner. I remember last time (2012) it was difficult to ask for what I wanted to do my shakes at family and friends' meals and restaurants. This time, I'm out and proud. I don't tell them what system I'm using (Alevere). I don't talk about it unless they ask me. Then I make a limited response.

My programme allows me very low carb green veg and salads and mushrooms and up to 200g of other low carb things like onion, tomatoes and some other veg grown above the soil, which could include a few raspberries & strawberries. So this time I just tell people I'm on a weight programme and need a green salad (if I'm having lunch) or some courgettes, mushrooms, ro whatever stir fried with a very little oil. Sometimes I take them ready prepared.

Absolutely right - you do not have to JADE - Justify, Argue, Defend or Explain your choice to do Cambridge. Your sweetest revenge will be to get to goal and stay there. So don't JADE, just do! You go, CMcG!

Absolutely - any diet you follow has the potential of the weight loss not being maintained. So many people lose weight on WW, slimming world etc. and don’t keep it off, but then the same people often criticise VLCDs for being unsustainable. I agree that getting to goal and staying there is the best revenge!!!

Hello all!

Just weighed in with my consultant and I’ve had a week 3 loss of... just 1lb! :oops: Not a great number considering it’s been my best week so far BUT I need to remember that a total loss of 15.5lb in three weeks (well, 20 days) isn’t bad at all! I am due my period next week too which might have something to do with it as I’m quite crampy and usually retain water in the week before it. On the plus side, I’ve lost FOURTEEN inches in total in the 3 weeks - approx 2 from each area they measure! That’s over 35cm which is amazing to think about.

As suggested by my consultant, I’m setting myself a new challenge for week 4... Step 1A from tomorrow! 3lb last week and then 1lb this week isn’t enough to hit that stone per month target so I need up my game as I’ve only 5 weeks until I return to uni. I am 5 foot 8 and not 6 foot or anything, so if I’d been only an inch shorter I would have started on 3 products anyway! Hopefully I’ll be able to stick to it - zero cravings or hunger at the moment so I’m feeling confident. I do have a kidney infection though so if I am feeling weak or ill in any way I will eat more!

Technically today is my last day of week 3 so I will enjoy one more 1B day before I kick things up a notch tomorrow! 5.5lb away from the 12s... fingers crossed I’ll see it soon! Xx

Excellent to hear the positive outlook, it really is the best way to take the weigh ins. Next week once the extra water has gone it can add up then. Here’s to week 4🤩🤩🤩

Thanks Jen, it is what it is! Here’s to a big whoosh effect next week anyway 😜 Have my new bars to try tomorrow too, will let you know what I think! How’s the water intake going today? 😉 xx

Have been uping the water and managing well, did forget my products today so couldn’t eat til I got home. Must admit couldn’t come fast enough but had my first product and will get on to the others later
Jx

First day of week 4 :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin: So proud of myself for sticking to this. Even though I haven’t always been 100% on plan, I’ve not eaten anything unhealthy and this has been the longest I’ve gone without a binge in a long time.

I did have a bit of a wobble last night and really tried to convince myself that I’m strong enough to just eat healthy low carb from now on, that I no longer needed Cambridge and blah blah blah... I wasn’t tempted to eat anything bad but I just felt like I’d had enough of all this and I was very hungry. It really came out of nowhere!

It was probably a combination of only losing a pound yesterday, PMS hunger and also not wanting the challenge of starting 1A when 4 meals has been working for me so well from a hunger/cravings point of view. So I ended up making myself a 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and tomatoes in it, prob about 350 cals (but low carb). I made it because I was genuinely hungry though, and it wasn’t a comfort meal. That would have been a big fat bowl of pasta with loads of melted cheese! It’s crazy how nice the cherry tomato tasted by the way - usually I wouldn’t appreciate something like that but my palate has really changed! Again, my ability to not be so all or nothing about the situation felt really good.

And guess what? I weighed myself this morning to get my exact week 3 loss because yesterday’s weigh in was only after 6 days, and I’m another pound down! So 2lb overall in week 3 which I’m much happier about, maybe the omelette did me good! Didn’t expect one day to make that much of a difference.

Woke up today and I feel great now in terms of motivation. Had my shake this morning and I’m feeling ready for the day and no desire to leave Cambridge anymore :classic_roll_eyes:

Happy Friday everyone! Xx

My first day of attempting Step 1A turned into... Step 2. This infection has me feeling pretty horrible today - fever, aches all over, nauseous and just so lethargic. Not going to lie, I’m feeling a tad sorry for myself! 😂 I wasn’t even hungry but I thought it was best not to totally starve myself when I need energy to kill all of these stupid bacteria... so I had some poached eggs and they were delicious!

I think it is safer to stick to Step 2 until I feel back to myself - I wish they taught us what to do in this situation in medical school, hahaha! But I do know VLCD = stress on the body and stress on the body = lower immunity.

How’s everyone else getting on? Xx

Hope you are doing better today, CD18. If not, please get checked out - to make sure you don't have symptons of gallstones. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gallstones/symptoms/ It's a very unusual potential side effect of vclds.

I'm doing good. It's interesting - I track with daily weighing and had a tick up 10 days ago, that was inexplicable. Today, no movement yet nearly 2 pounds the day before. It's easy to loose sight of the extraordinary changes and take the fast weight loss for granted. I've lost 2 stone and noticed I was better coming up stars this am.

Have a good day.

Hope you are doing better today, CD18. If not, please get checked out - to make sure you don't have symptons of gallstones. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gallstones/symptoms/ It's a very unusual potential side effect of vclds.

I'm doing good. It's interesting - I track with daily weighing and had a tick up 10 days ago, that was inexplicable. Today, no movement yet nearly 2 pounds the day before. It's easy to loose sight of the extraordinary changes and take the fast weight loss for granted. I've lost 2 stone and noticed I was better coming up stars this am.

Have a good day.

Thanks AliGal, I had an ultrasound of my abdomen on Wednesday to diagnose this kidney infection and the scan also looked at my liver and gallbladder! I assume this would have picked up any issue there. I do not have any of the symptoms either, thankfully.

Wow, 2 stone is amazing and I’m glad you are noticing the difference. Have you heard of the whoosh effect? It explains why the scales can stay the same and then a big loss all of a sudden! Have you found your weight to increase around the time of your period? I usually retain water the week leading up to mine so it could explain the unexpected increase for you a couple of weeks ago!

Hope you are having a great weekend! Xx

Day 24 and I messed up yesterday :oops: I have already drawn a line under it and I’m back on track today, but I needed to confess it here!

I had a big dinner last night, which was FULL of carbohydrates... followed by not one but TWO Cambridge bars! I had spent the entire day thinking about food and wanting food. Some of it was proper hunger but when I got full, I kept eating. And you know what? It wasn’t even that nice anyway. So yesterday I had 5 products, a chicken fillet, and the huge dinner, I guess around 2200 cals.

I’ve been asking myself all morning WHY I did this and I think I might know. My dad died when I was 14 (7 years ago), and yesterday was his anniversary. I wasn’t particularly ‘upset’, I just cried briefly when my aunt text me to tell me how proud my dad would be of me. He was a doctor and I am following in his footsteps by studying medicine too. But I think deep down maybe I was more upset than I realised, and perhaps food was my comfort yesterday. My weight problems didn’t start until after he died and I know that it was the trigger.

Anyway today I feel bloated and I’m convinced that all the carbs have gone to my cheeks as my face looks a bit puffy! I checked the scales to kick myself a kick in the ass and I am UP 1.5lb, not bad in my opinion as I was expecting 2 or 3. I’m looking at the positives and hoping it’ll rev up my metabolism and force a big whoosh in the next couple of days!

I feel all full but I still had breakfast because I need to keep my routine. I had the vanilla rice pudding and it was delish. I’m doing another Step 2 day today as I’m still on this crazy dose of antibiotics!

Anyway hope everyone else is doing better than me, haha! Have a nice Sunday! Xxx

First off so sorry to hear about your loss. I’m sure your aunt is correct and he would indeed be very proud. That would of been one of the largest triggers you could of had and even if you’d managed to keep it from the forefront of your mind your subconscious would of been well aware.
It may take a few more days for for the whole effect so if there are some weird fluctuations it s all about the bigger picture ok? My advice is stay away from scales for a bit. Concentrate on getting back into ketosis and you might indeed get that big whoosh. Do not give yourself a hard time over this, reentering ketosis is enough of a punishment enough
Jxx

First off so sorry to hear about your loss. I’m sure your aunt is correct and he would indeed be very proud. That would of been one of the largest triggers you could of had and even if you’d managed to keep it from the forefront of your mind your subconscious would of been well aware.
It may take a few more days for for the whole effect so if there are some weird fluctuations it s all about the bigger picture ok? My advice is stay away from scales for a bit. Concentrate on getting back into ketosis and you might indeed get that big whoosh. Do not give yourself a hard time over this, reentering ketosis is enough of a punishment enough
Jxx

Thank you so much Jen, I definitely agree that it was probably affecting me on a deeper level even if I wasn’t exactly aware of it. Really glad that I was able to get back on track easily today, I was worried that I’d wake up wanting more more more and then tell myself I might as well just wait until Monday to restart. But I’m actually not overly hungry at all and the carbs didn’t set off loads of cravings or anything - I guess my insulin is working better now after 3 weeks of low carb so my blood sugar seems to be more stable! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

I’m going to go for a long brisk walk later on to deplete some of this excess glycogen, which should get me back into ketosis faster! Hoping I don’t have to go through headaches as bad as week 1 but only time will tell....

Back