Let’s do this - restart 27/04/19 💃🏼

To be honest I’ve no idea either how I’m managing to stick to it (for the most part). It’s so weird how willpower works - sometimes no matter what I do my brain won’t let me diet but then other times I’m able to be super strict! Do you find that too?! People always say ‘oh if you want it enough you’ll do it’ but I don’t believe that because I probably want it more when I can’t find the determination! I got my period today and always notice major cravings in the week leading up to it so it definitely explains why I’ve wanted to eat everything these last few days. I purposely waited until I was finished mine last month to start Cambridge because I knew it would be easier, hahaha!

Back from Dr’s and we’ve sent my urine to the lab to see if there’s still bacteria in it so I’ll know in a couple of days if it grows anything. It’s one week now since I started the newer antibiotics so it should be cleared up but I do have another week of treatment so we’ll see! I don’t feel as bad today as yesterday though thankfully :D He‘s also sending me for a cystoscopy to look inside my bladder so just have to wait for that appointment, it will prob be next week as I’ve health insurance so there aren’t usually any waiting lists. The Irish health system is terrible so you get nowhere without going privately, unfortunately. I’ve heard the NHS is brilliant but I suppose they all have their faults!

Thank you so much and right back at you if you ever need to vent! Definitely helps to chat to people who have been through it! None of my friends have lost a parent yet (thankfully) so I don’t really speak about it with them as they don’t understand. I have two half siblings but I was my dad’s only child so it makes it a bit lonely too that I’ve no siblings who get it!

Delighted this week is going good for you and that’s a pity you can’t get the full week on the shakes like you wanted. Hopefully it won’t make any difference but I guess you’ll never know haha! You can try next week anyway :p Do you use the soups or dinner meals? Havent tried any of them yet!

Off to weigh in at 3.30 today, it hasn’t been a week but consultant is going away so has to be today. I also usually weigh with her in the mornings so not sure how all the 2L water, 3 coffees and 2 products so far will affect the scales. Not expecting much at all but we’ll see!

Hope you’re having a great day! Xxx
Morning!!
Huge huge well done on your 4 week losses, amazing numbers, you'll be feeling fab when you're in those scrubs!! :classic_big_grin::woohoo:
Our bodies have a lot to answer for eh, get what you're saying about the time of the month, definitely just need that little something extra. Did you get your results back from doc?
It can be hard having nobody to talk to. My cousin (well my husbands cousin, but we're more like sisters we're that close) lost her dad last year and she felt awful for a long time cos she said she hadn't realised what i was going through, but i was so glad that she didn't, a pain you wouldn't want anyone to have. Mum;s aren't always the best person to talk to either, just need someone sometimes
I've been mostly having the dinners as i don't really like the soups, although the thai chilli one is yummy. I like spaghetti bolognese (surprise as don't like red meat a lot), tikka rice, thai green curry and couscous (altho this is much nicer with some spices and protein/veg added). Really really don't like the macaroni, a bit too 'tinned macaroni' for me
Weigh in tonight and i really hope i see an 11 on the scales. Have walked 5 out of 7 nights this week so i have high hopes. I'm thinking of trying some exante products, couldn't believe the price difference! Did you end up trying some, know you said you were planning on it. Looks like there's so much choice in the packs
Have a lovely Monday :classic_smile: xxx

Morning!!
Huge huge well done on your 4 week losses, amazing numbers, you'll be feeling fab when you're in those scrubs!! :classic_big_grin::woohoo:
Our bodies have a lot to answer for eh, get what you're saying about the time of the month, definitely just need that little something extra. Did you get your results back from doc?
It can be hard having nobody to talk to. My cousin (well my husbands cousin, but we're more like sisters we're that close) lost her dad last year and she felt awful for a long time cos she said she hadn't realised what i was going through, but i was so glad that she didn't, a pain you wouldn't want anyone to have. Mum;s aren't always the best person to talk to either, just need someone sometimes
I've been mostly having the dinners as i don't really like the soups, although the thai chilli one is yummy. I like spaghetti bolognese (surprise as don't like red meat a lot), tikka rice, thai green curry and couscous (altho this is much nicer with some spices and protein/veg added). Really really don't like the macaroni, a bit too 'tinned macaroni' for me
Weigh in tonight and i really hope i see an 11 on the scales. Have walked 5 out of 7 nights this week so i have high hopes. I'm thinking of trying some exante products, couldn't believe the price difference! Did you end up trying some, know you said you were planning on it. Looks like there's so much choice in the packs
Have a lovely Monday :classic_smile: xxx

Thank you so much, I’m delighted and feeling so motivated! I think I’ve gotten past the hump and even though I still do get hungry, the sugar cravings have gone and eating a product is totally enough to fill me up now! Hahaha here’s hoping I’ve no love handles in my scrubs :cool::p;)

Unfortunately the kidney infection hasn’t resolved yet and I’m really not feeling myself at all. It’s a pity because I would probably be feeling fantastic otherwise! Tomorrow I’m having a CT scan and a cystoscopy under general anesthesia so that will tell a lot. I’ll be in the hospital for the day so lots of bars for me! It’s really annoying because I have no desire to start eating more BUT I’m worried the lower calories hasn’t been doing me any favours. Ahhhh. I’ll see how things turn out tomorrow anyway! I definitely don’t want to go out of ketosis but maybe I’ll need to add in an extra low carb meal for a week or so just to see if it helps things. Obviously health is more important at the end of the day. At least I’ve been on 4 products per day so it hasn’t been as stressful on my body as 600 cals!

I’m the opposite to you in that I don’t have the dinners - I only have porridge, shakes and bars! But the spag bol does sound nice so I might see if my consultant has it. Do you have any shakes or bars at all?! I would definitely recommend trying Exante if you do like shakes, and maybe their savoury stuff will be nice too. I’ve been having a product here and there instead of one of my Cambridge ones and it’s fantastic to add variety! It’s any 42 products of your choice for £35 pounds at the moment which is so so cheap! I pay double that just for one week!!!!! :eek:

The Exante shakes are fantastic in my opinion - the coconut one and lemon cheesecake one are better than any Cambridge product that I’ve tried! I love love love them both. I also prefer the Exante vanilla, strawberry, and banana shakes to the Cambridge ones. I find them much more milky/creamy and close to a proper milkshake when blended with loads of ice! I feel like if you are someone who really doesn’t like milk then you might not like them so much. Unfortunately the Exante porridge was vile, so much so that I threw it out and I’m really not fussy! Also tried the lemon crunch bar which was amazing - it’s like a rice crispy squares bar in lemon flavour. The caramel crunch bar was nice too but a little too salty. The coconut bar and peanut butter bar were not good in my opinion and I wouldn’t order them again myself again. It really depends on personal taste though so you might think the opppsite - but it’s good that you can read the reviews and decide for yourself!

Those are the only products I’ve tried myself but I’m definitely going to order more soon - I want to stock up on the lemon cheesecake shake and the lemon crunch bar but both are out of stock constantly. There’s also loads of others bars that I’ve heard are really delicious, but they are never in stock either. That’s the only main issue I find as I want to order another 42 things but I’m trying to wait until everything I want is in stock at the same time, haha! First world problems or what?! :rolleyes::D

Woooo well done on all the walking, that’s amazing! Best of luck tonight, I bet you’ll do great and here’s hoping the 11s are in sight! Let me know how it goes! xxx

Thank you so much, I’m delighted and feeling so motivated! I think I’ve gotten past the hump and even though I still do get hungry, the sugar cravings have gone and eating a product is totally enough to fill me up now! Hahaha here’s hoping I’ve no love handles in my scrubs :cool::p;)

Unfortunately the kidney infection hasn’t resolved yet and I’m really not feeling myself at all. It’s a pity because I would probably be feeling fantastic otherwise! Tomorrow I’m having a CT scan and a cystoscopy under general anesthesia so that will tell a lot. I’ll be in the hospital for the day so lots of bars for me! It’s really annoying because I have no desire to start eating more BUT I’m worried the lower calories hasn’t been doing me any favours. Ahhhh. I’ll see how things turn out tomorrow anyway! I definitely don’t want to go out of ketosis but maybe I’ll need to add in an extra low carb meal for a week or so just to see if it helps things. Obviously health is more important at the end of the day. At least I’ve been on 4 products per day so it hasn’t been as stressful on my body as 600 cals!

I’m the opposite to you in that I don’t have the dinners - I only have porridge, shakes and bars! But the spag bol does sound nice so I might see if my consultant has it. Do you have any shakes or bars at all?! I would definitely recommend trying Exante if you do like shakes, and maybe their savoury stuff will be nice too. I’ve been having a product here and there instead of one of my Cambridge ones and it’s fantastic to add variety! It’s any 42 products of your choice for £35 pounds at the moment which is so so cheap! I pay double that just for one week!!!!! :eek:

The Exante shakes are fantastic in my opinion - the coconut one and lemon cheesecake one are better than any Cambridge product that I’ve tried! I love love love them both. I also prefer the Exante vanilla, strawberry, and banana shakes to the Cambridge ones. I find them much more milky/creamy and close to a proper milkshake when blended with loads of ice! I feel like if you are someone who really doesn’t like milk then you might not like them so much. Unfortunately the Exante porridge was vile, so much so that I threw it out and I’m really not fussy! Also tried the lemon crunch bar which was amazing - it’s like a rice crispy squares bar in lemon flavour. The caramel crunch bar was nice too but a little too salty. The coconut bar and peanut butter bar were not good in my opinion and I wouldn’t order them again myself again. It really depends on personal taste though so you might think the opppsite - but it’s good that you can read the reviews and decide for yourself!

Those are the only products I’ve tried myself but I’m definitely going to order more soon - I want to stock up on the lemon cheesecake shake and the lemon crunch bar but both are out of stock constantly. There’s also loads of others bars that I’ve heard are really delicious, but they are never in stock either. That’s the only main issue I find as I want to order another 42 things but I’m trying to wait until everything I want is in stock at the same time, haha! First world problems or what?! :rolleyes::D

Woooo well done on all the walking, that’s amazing! Best of luck tonight, I bet you’ll do great and here’s hoping the 11s are in sight! Let me know how it goes! xxx
Morning :classic_big_grin:
Hope all goes ok at hospital today, be kind to yourself, if you need something to eat please don't feel guilty. You're in the zone now so will be easy for you to get back into it when you're over today. Let us know how you get on
My ultimate favourite products are apple and cinnamon porridge, cranberry bar, new breakfast shake and smoothies. I could eat those constantly! My typical day would be porridge, either bar or shake for lunch then a meal. I've been having a lot more shakes this week and have actually really enjoyed it.
42 for £35 is amazing isn't it? I'm going to put an order in today to try them. Plus i've just bought the 84 exante shakes for £39.99 on groupon. 4 weeks for less than what i pay for a week just now?! I'll add them in to my supply and work my way through them. I've always got too many packs in the house, like to have a choice of what to have :classic_smile: I've heard the cookies and cream bar is amazing, never in stock tho. I wouldn't order the choc or peanut butter bars, have learned from Cambridge that i don't like the chewy bars, only the crunchy ones.
Well i lost 1 3/4lbs, i was gutted, still 3.5lbs away from next stone bracket. I know a loss is still a loss and i'm pleased at that but that was a week and a half and i really expected more. Just shows the difference in the time of day though, my scales are normally quite spot on with hers, i weighed myself yesterday morning - 11st13lbs, at 5pm i was 12st3.5lbs :classic_eek: However, I still saw an 11 and i've not seen a number like that since my wedding over 5 years ago! :woohoo:
Hope all goes ok at hospital xxx

Day 32. If this isn’t determination then I don’t know what is.... ;););)
62EDD71D-B471-48BC-A864-9394668469C8.jpeg

Had my general anesthesia this morning to investigate my persistent kidney infection, they took some biopsies, swabs etc. of my bladder and higher up in my urinary system but I won’t really know much more for a week or so until they have been analysed. They gave me a very strong IV antibiotic this morning and I’ll get another IV dose later this afternoon before I head home. After that I need to stay on high dose antibiotics orally but if they don’t work, I’ll need to be admitted for a few days for more IV antibiotics. Hopefully it won’t come to that though as I’m sure the IV ones today will do the trick!

I’ve just had my second bar of the day and later today I am going to have a low carb meal while I am here - I am thinking eggs, chicken and some veg - just to give myself more energy to fight these bugs off! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Morning :classic_big_grin:
Hope all goes ok at hospital today, be kind to yourself, if you need something to eat please don't feel guilty. You're in the zone now so will be easy for you to get back into it when you're over today. Let us know how you get on
My ultimate favourite products are apple and cinnamon porridge, cranberry bar, new breakfast shake and smoothies. I could eat those constantly! My typical day would be porridge, either bar or shake for lunch then a meal. I've been having a lot more shakes this week and have actually really enjoyed it.
42 for £35 is amazing isn't it? I'm going to put an order in today to try them. Plus i've just bought the 84 exante shakes for £39.99 on groupon. 4 weeks for less than what i pay for a week just now?! I'll add them in to my supply and work my way through them. I've always got too many packs in the house, like to have a choice of what to have :classic_smile: I've heard the cookies and cream bar is amazing, never in stock tho. I wouldn't order the choc or peanut butter bars, have learned from Cambridge that i don't like the chewy bars, only the crunchy ones.
Well i lost 1 3/4lbs, i was gutted, still 3.5lbs away from next stone bracket. I know a loss is still a loss and i'm pleased at that but that was a week and a half and i really expected more. Just shows the difference in the time of day though, my scales are normally quite spot on with hers, i weighed myself yesterday morning - 11st13lbs, at 5pm i was 12st3.5lbs :classic_eek: However, I still saw an 11 and i've not seen a number like that since my wedding over 5 years ago! :woohoo:
Hope all goes ok at hospital xxx

Thank you so much, just posted a hospital update above this comment :classic_big_grin: Oh yes you were saying about trying a full week of shakes but you ran out - do you think you’ll give this another go? It would be very interesting to see how it affects the scales. I think I could happily live on the shakes but I do love my cup of tea in the evenings with a bar too. I’m really lucky to be tall enough for the 4 products as I know I would struggle big time on 3! I generally have porridge, 2 shakes and a bar but if I’m on the go I’ll have an extra bar or two. I guess it just depends on what you’re used to though as if I’d started on 3 I prob wouldn’t know any better, haha! :classic_roll_eyes:

I love the apple and cinnamon porridge too! Have you tried the vanilla rice pudding? I have it for breakfast a couple of times a week and it’s so delish! It needs to be soaked longer than the recommended 10 mins (I do 20-25) or else the rice is a bit tough but it’s really nice for a change!

Omg thanks for the heads up on the Groupon deal, I just checked and it’s available on the Irish site too so I must get that myself!!! I love having loads of things to choose from depending on what I’m in the mood for so it’s great having loads of extra stuff as back up :classic_tongue:

Ugh sorry to hear you weren’t too happy, especially with all the walking you did, but hopefully it’s setting you up for a great loss next week! Almost 2 pounds is still a good solid loss too! It’s strange the way it fluctuates greatly week by week. And even if it was on your own scales, congrats on seeing those 11s!!! That’s incredible and must have felt amazing! Xxxx

Thank you so much, just posted a hospital update above this comment :classic_big_grin: Oh yes you were saying about trying a full week of shakes but you ran out - do you think you’ll give this another go? It would be very interesting to see how it affects the scales. I think I could happily live on the shakes but I do love my cup of tea in the evenings with a bar too. I’m really lucky to be tall enough for the 4 products as I know I would struggle big time on 3! I generally have porridge, 2 shakes and a bar but if I’m on the go I’ll have an extra bar or two. I guess it just depends on what you’re used to though as if I’d started on 3 I prob wouldn’t know any better, haha! :classic_roll_eyes:

I love the apple and cinnamon porridge too! Have you tried the vanilla rice pudding? I have it for breakfast a couple of times a week and it’s so delish! It needs to be soaked longer than the recommended 10 mins (I do 20-25) or else the rice is a bit tough but it’s really nice for a change!

Omg thanks for the heads up on the Groupon deal, I just checked and it’s available on the Irish site too so I must get that myself!!! I love having loads of things to choose from depending on what I’m in the mood for so it’s great having loads of extra stuff as back up :classic_tongue:

Ugh sorry to hear you weren’t too happy, especially with all the walking you did, but hopefully it’s setting you up for a great loss next week! Almost 2 pounds is still a good solid loss too! It’s strange the way it fluctuates greatly week by week. And even if it was on your own scales, congrats on seeing those 11s!!! That’s incredible and must have felt amazing! Xxxx
Wow well done having your bar in hospital! How you feeling after the procedure? Hopefully don't need to wait too long for the results and the IV antibiotics help. Do you get to choose what you have to eat in the hospital or did you take stuff with you?
I might do the week of shakes another time, just a wee bit boring so will need to be in the mood for it :classic_smile: My husband was on 4 packs when he did it, he would have half a bar after his lunch and the other half after dinner. I must admit i was sometimes jealous of that little something sweet!
I've got a rice pudding in my supply, have never tried it yet tho, might have that for breakfast tomorrow :classic_big_grin: I'll soak it for longer, thanks!
The exante offer is only on til 16th, i'm thinking of getting the £70 deal but a bit worried as i haven't actually tried any of it yet. FOr all i know they do offers all the time but 4 weeks for £70 seems too good to let go!!
I'm trying to think differently about the loss this week and now trying to see it as it's still a loss, still 2 more wee beads i got to put on my 'one bead at a time' bracelet :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin:
Hope you're resting up xxx

Wow well done having your bar in hospital! How you feeling after the procedure? Hopefully don't need to wait too long for the results and the IV antibiotics help. Do you get to choose what you have to eat in the hospital or did you take stuff with you?
I might do the week of shakes another time, just a wee bit boring so will need to be in the mood for it :classic_smile: My husband was on 4 packs when he did it, he would have half a bar after his lunch and the other half after dinner. I must admit i was sometimes jealous of that little something sweet!
I've got a rice pudding in my supply, have never tried it yet tho, might have that for breakfast tomorrow :classic_big_grin: I'll soak it for longer, thanks!
The exante offer is only on til 16th, i'm thinking of getting the £70 deal but a bit worried as i haven't actually tried any of it yet. FOr all i know they do offers all the time but 4 weeks for £70 seems too good to let go!!
I'm trying to think differently about the loss this week and now trying to see it as it's still a loss, still 2 more wee beads i got to put on my 'one bead at a time' bracelet :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin:
Hope you're resting up xxx

Hey you! I’m already feeling so much better from the antibiotics, woohoo. My temperature hasn’t gone fully down but I don’t feel as lethargic and achey all over! I’m really happy that I’m finally on the way up... just hope it lasts as there was a few times I thought I was getting better but then I’d go back downhill! There was a nice restaurant in the hospital with a salad counter - I ended up having just 3 boiled and some plain chicken on top of my 4 products. So prob 1100ish calories or around that. I was quite nauseous from the anesthesia so I wanted to eat more for that reason but back to sole source today. Feeling a lot hungrier than usual to be honest but sticking to sole source as I’ve weigh in tomorrow! :classic_tongue::classic_big_grin:

I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning and I’d only lost one pound since last Weds, I was gutted as I’d been perfectly on plan except the egg + chicken yesterday, which shouldn’t affect things too much. Then I remembered I was given 2L salt water drip at the hospital yesterday and also all of the medications, which probably have some kind of sugar in them. I’m hoping everything might have caused extra water retention but as you know yourself, sometimes our bodies just don’t want to let go of the fat so the drugs might not be to blame either!!! :classic_roll_eyes::classic_roll_eyes::classic_roll_eyes:

Did you end up trying the rice pudding today?! I’ve ran out so can’t wait to get more tomorrow, I find it so warming and comforting. Also I emailed Exante about the Groupon deal and they said you can pick any 42 shakes of your choice from their website with the Groupon code, it’s not actually a set bundle with those flavours as advertised. I had asked them this as I wanted to order my faves and I don’t like chocolate ones. Must buy it tonight myself while it’s still available!

Yes that’s the attitude! As long as it’s going in the right direction that’s the main thing :classic_big_grin: Xxx

Hello everyone! :classic_big_grin:

My weigh in was this morning and 1lb off in the last 8 days, not overly happy but it is what it is. Consultant agreed that the anesthesia, IV fluids and IV antibiotics from Tuesday are probably making me retain water. My inches had still gone down very slightly on my waist, hips and chest... but increased on my arms and thighs! I feel so lucky to have such a great consultant as she really keeps me motivated.

I’m trying to look at the bigger picture though as still I’ve lost 19.5lb total in just one day short of 5 weeks, which is almost 10% of my body weight. Although the losses have slowed down a lot since week 1, I’m almost in the 12s and my BMI has gone from just over 30 to exactly 27 so I’m trying to focus on those positives!

How are you all getting on? Xxx

Frustrating for you - and a big cheer for keeping on through yr medical adventures. The big picture is looking very good - or rather smaller! I'm trugging onwards and downwards.

Hello CD18. Been reading through your diary. Oh my, your determination is amazing! I was really worried for you there re the procedure but I am happy now it all went well for you. It is amazing how much in the zone you are and how you managed to cope with it all. Keep it going and you'll get to your desired target in no time! So very very well done! Hope your weekend goes well x

Hey you! I’m already feeling so much better from the antibiotics, woohoo. My temperature hasn’t gone fully down but I don’t feel as lethargic and achey all over! I’m really happy that I’m finally on the way up... just hope it lasts as there was a few times I thought I was getting better but then I’d go back downhill! There was a nice restaurant in the hospital with a salad counter - I ended up having just 3 boiled and some plain chicken on top of my 4 products. So prob 1100ish calories or around that. I was quite nauseous from the anesthesia so I wanted to eat more for that reason but back to sole source today. Feeling a lot hungrier than usual to be honest but sticking to sole source as I’ve weigh in tomorrow! :classic_tongue::classic_big_grin:

I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning and I’d only lost one pound since last Weds, I was gutted as I’d been perfectly on plan except the egg + chicken yesterday, which shouldn’t affect things too much. Then I remembered I was given 2L salt water drip at the hospital yesterday and also all of the medications, which probably have some kind of sugar in them. I’m hoping everything might have caused extra water retention but as you know yourself, sometimes our bodies just don’t want to let go of the fat so the drugs might not be to blame either!!! :classic_roll_eyes::classic_roll_eyes::classic_roll_eyes:

Did you end up trying the rice pudding today?! I’ve ran out so can’t wait to get more tomorrow, I find it so warming and comforting. Also I emailed Exante about the Groupon deal and they said you can pick any 42 shakes of your choice from their website with the Groupon code, it’s not actually a set bundle with those flavours as advertised. I had asked them this as I wanted to order my faves and I don’t like chocolate ones. Must buy it tonight myself while it’s still available!

Yes that’s the attitude! As long as it’s going in the right direction that’s the main thing :classic_big_grin: Xxx
Morning!!!
10% of your body weight in 5 weeks is amazing, try not to be too down about the 1lb this week, you'll hopefully notice a difference this week. You were just in the hospital with all that fluid, you did amazing to stay on plan.
I wasn't overly keen on the rice pudding, but then i don't like rice pudding normally hahaha i've tried 3 exante products now - really liked the apple and cinnamon porridge, tasted a lot more 'real' than the cambridge one (like them both tho), raspberry and white choc cookie was nice but oh my word the carbonara?! I was so excited to try it, smelt a bit funky but thought i'd keep an open mind..... tasted like hot banana mush with bits of pasta in!!!! I'm hoping there's been some error in that batch cos that's surely not what it should taste like. Yuuuuuuck!!!
Had an early weigh in this week, another 3.5lbs down. Gonna be a challenging time coming up as i've got so much on but i'll be happy with slow and steady for a while. How you getting on this week? Did you order the groupon shakes? My code wasn't working but they've fixed it so will need to pick today xxx

Hey everyone! So after feeling dreadful last Thurs/Fri with nausea, almost fainting, fever etc., I decided to try out Step 3 for a week as my body had been through a lot and I needed this infection to budge! I felt that if I didn’t increase that little bit, I might end up getting to a place where I’d stop altogether.

My weigh in was this morning and I LOST SIX POUNDS!!!! How crazy is that?! I would have been happy to just maintain due to the increase in calories and carbs. But clearly my body works well on more food! As a knock on effect, I was able to be much more active naturally in my day to day life as I had more energy, which has probably contributed too! :classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin::classic_big_grin:

I have been doing my own version of Step 3 as I planned with my consultant - 3 products and a 400 cal meal per day with a one medium portion of carbs in it (I mostly had 200g potato with veg and protein). As I was already on 4 products, it was only a 200 calorie increase but the difference it made was massive!!! My hunger cues feel completely reset as I haven’t wanted to go mad stuffing my face and the smaller meal really fills me up! I have barely even thought about food this week either and wasn’t constantly hungry and wondering when my next meal was. It also shows that the maintenance plan clearly does work and you don’t gain all the weight after you start eating again, which many people are concerned about!

ANYWAY the initial plan was to do this just for a week and then go back to 1B, but I feel it’s working for me so much better than just sole source so I’ve decided to stick with it for now anyway! I will reevaluate again next week though as it may have been just a random occurrence!

How are you guys doing?!! Xxx

Your body s been upside down and back again, it’s no wonder there s a bit of flux with the weight. 10% loss of body weight in 5 wks is nothing to be sneezed at. The losses do slow down but as long as they keep coming it’s all good x

Thanks so much Jen! Am doing Step 3 now for a little while and lost 6 pounds this week... miraculously!!! How are you getting on? Are you still doing Step 2? Xxx

Hello CD18. Been reading through your diary. Oh my, your determination is amazing! I was really worried for you there re the procedure but I am happy now it all went well for you. It is amazing how much in the zone you are and how you managed to cope with it all. Keep it going and you'll get to your desired target in no time! So very very well done! Hope your weekend goes well x

Awh thank you so so much for your lovely comment Alecto! It was tough sticking to it but it has been totally worth it! I’ve been doing a higher Step this week to give me body extra energy and it paid off with a very unexpected 6 pound loss!

How are you getting on yourself? What diet are you doing? You are so close to that healthy BMI woo! Xxx

Morning!!!
10% of your body weight in 5 weeks is amazing, try not to be too down about the 1lb this week, you'll hopefully notice a difference this week. You were just in the hospital with all that fluid, you did amazing to stay on plan.
I wasn't overly keen on the rice pudding, but then i don't like rice pudding normally hahaha i've tried 3 exante products now - really liked the apple and cinnamon porridge, tasted a lot more 'real' than the cambridge one (like them both tho), raspberry and white choc cookie was nice but oh my word the carbonara?! I was so excited to try it, smelt a bit funky but thought i'd keep an open mind..... tasted like hot banana mush with bits of pasta in!!!! I'm hoping there's been some error in that batch cos that's surely not what it should taste like. Yuuuuuuck!!!
Had an early weigh in this week, another 3.5lbs down. Gonna be a challenging time coming up as i've got so much on but i'll be happy with slow and steady for a while. How you getting on this week? Did you order the groupon shakes? My code wasn't working but they've fixed it so will need to pick today xxx

Hello ello! So sorry it’s taken me so long to reply, hectic week! :classic_eek:

WOOO congrats on the 3.5, are you delighted with that? It really makes the 1lb losses worth it when you see a bigger number the next week, right?!

Oooh I must try the exante apple porridge then! You see I had tried the original one but I hated it so was afraid to try the apple, but I do have some so I’ll have to give it a go haha! Sorry to hear you didn’t like the rice! I love normal tinned rice pudding so I guess that explains it haha. Have you gotten a chance to try out anymore exante things?

It’s been a great week overall for me and although the infection hasn’t fully cleared, I definitely feel I am on the mend woohoo! I explained it fully in a post above but I decided with my consultant last Friday to do Step 3 for the week as I felt horrible. Well, it paid off with a 6 pound loss this morning!!! I have decided to do another step 3 week now, well my own version with 3 products + 400 cal dinner. It shows that you can still lose on higher cals so if you’ve a lot of things coming up as you were saying, perhaps a week or so of Step 2 or 3 could help you stay on track rather than going mad altogether?

Hope you are getting on great anyway! :classic_big_grin: Xxx

Last edited:
Hello ello! So sorry it’s taken me so long to reply, hectic week! :classic_eek:

WOOO congrats on the 3.5, are you delighted with that? It really makes the 1lb losses worth it when you see a bigger number the next week, right?!

Oooh I must try the exante apple porridge then! You see I had tried the original one but I hated it so was afraid to try the apple, but I do have some so I’ll have to give it a go haha! Sorry to hear you didn’t like the rice! I love normal tinned rice pudding so I guess that explains it haha. Have you gotten a chance to try out anymore exante things?

It’s been a great week overall for me and although the infection hasn’t fully cleared, I definitely feel I am on the mend woohoo! I explained it fully in a post above but I decided with my consultant last Friday to do Step 3 for the week as I felt horrible. Well, it paid off with a 6 pound loss this morning!!! I have decided to do another step 3 week now, well my own version with 3 products + 400 cal dinner. It shows that you can still lose on higher cals so if you’ve a lot of things coming up as you were saying, perhaps a week or so of Step 2 or 3 could help you stay on track rather than going mad altogether?

Hope you are getting on great anyway! :classic_big_grin: Xxx
Hiya!!

Yeah i'm really happy, in the next stone bracket now woohoo :classic_big_grin:
Huge well done on the 6lbs!! That's amazing and sounds like step 3 is just what you're needing, hopefully help you on the mend, and losses too, you'd take that any day eh!!
Having mixed reactions to the Exante products. Meal wise only like the curry and noodles so far, love the pancakes and porridge. Bars and cookies are ok (can't see past CWP cranberry crunch!) Bad - carbonara, beef in black bean, cheese and bacon eggs :oops: Still to try the cookies and cream bar, always seems to be out of stock tho
How's this week going? xxx

Hey everyone!

So I have been majorly off track for the last 8 days after spending 8 nights in hospital with severe pyelonephritis, which resulted in an unexpected (and quite devastating) diagnosis of a brain tumour. I am now waiting to get a biopsy of the mass to confirm exactly what it is. Only one hospital in Ireland has a neurosurgery department so these things take a bit of time but it should be in the next couple of weeks. We do not think it is cancerous so I am not very scared but the treatment is still likely going to involve brain surgery, radiotherapy and possibly chemo. I had been feeling unwell for months which I was always attributing to my recurring UTIs but there was obviously a lot more going on!

I am due to return to university on Monday but I have decided to take a year out of college to focus on my health as the next few months are going to be crazy, and studying medicine is too intensive when other things are going on. There is very little flexibility with missing time and attendance on our placements is mandatory so I would not be able to pass the year anyway.

Diet wise, I have definitely gained a few pounds and I can see it in my face very clearly... my cheeks are always the first things to go puffy. I’m also very bloated and the flat tummy was instantly gone as soon as I upped my carbs! But it really all seems a bit irrelevant now as this has put things into perspective for me. I didn’t eat anything my first two days in hospital as I was too sick from my infection but after that I basically lived on carbs: bread, Weetabix, fruit, porridge, chips, potatoes etc. 😬

My Cambridge consultant has been amazing and constantly checking up on me. She kept reinforcing that losing weight should be the least of my worries now and that I just need to focus on being healthy. She told me not to feel pressured to continue if I didn’t want to. I was finally discharged yesterday and do plan to get back to Cambridge tomorrow for my HEALTH. I don’t even care what I weigh right now but I want to get into a healthy BMI range to make my body as happy and healthy as possible. I have decided to do this on around 1000 to 1200 calories a day as I don’t want to stress out my body in a massive deficit, and I also want to be able to be more active too!

So I’m heading to a family dinner party tonight and I’m going to enjoy what I fancy. Then tomorrow it’ll be back to reality but nothing too extreme. I am planning to have 2 to 3 products a day and make up the rest of my calories with a Mediterranean style diet - high fat, high fibre, loads of veg, moderate carb and moderate protein.

Anyway I will continue to update this page even though it won’t be too inspirational to anybody doing sole source! I find it motivates me and keeps me a small bit accountable!

Have a great weekend everyone! Xxx

Back