Step 1 Sole Source Step 1 - Sole Source; Paving the way for a new me!

Gemma_Charlotte

So this is me..

Gemma
From Surrey
Graphic Designer
Current weight: 17.9

I have previously done Cambridge before and lost nearly three stone earlier in the year. I then took a 2 month break in July and have now decided to restart after an extremely tough month! I need to stop kidding myself that one day I will miraculously become thin.. I need to work hard to get to the person I want to look like! I guess I'm fortunate, I'm tall, with an hourglass figure, I don't like the size I weigh, but enough is enough, I want to be able to wear bikinis on holidays and wear dresses without having to think of an additional piece of clothing to hide my bingo wings!

So restarted today! Three shakes a day! I can easily click back into the mindset of the diet so that's the good part! So I look forward to the lbs melting away.. This diet seems effortless and it fits in wit my hectic work life.. Social not so much but hey this is a matter of compromise!

Feel free to join me on my journey.. I thrive of other people's positivity and motivation and would love to hear of success stories and others who are in the same boat as me..

Good luck to me and all of you :)

Hi Gemma,
I'm just at the end of my first week on SS and I'm weighing in tomorrow! I'm tall too so I don't think I look as fat as I am but I amnt comfortable with my body now so want to lose the weight once and for all. My diary is just in the general weight loss diaries forum and called Cambridge for Christmas. Try to post most days and I'm always looking for other positive diaries to read! Keep us updated on your progress!

molly xxc

So day two was yesterday and I found it surprisingly easy (dare I say that?!?!?) Even had enough energy in the morning to go swimming! To be honest I think I found it easy due to it being a weekend! The real test is always at work.. If I can just crack this week I know I haven enough willpower!

Here's to day three..

Hi Gemma,
I'm just at the end of my first week on SS and I'm weighing in tomorrow! I'm tall too so I don't think I look as fat as I am but I amnt comfortable with my body now so want to lose the weight once and for all. My diary is just in the general weight loss diaries forum and called Cambridge for Christmas. Try to post most days and I'm always looking for other positive diaries to read! Keep us updated on your progress!

molly xxc

Hey Molly thanks for replying :)

Ah good luck with your weigh in! Lets us know how you get on! Knowing how much people are loosing each week really motivates me!! Oh great will give that one a read :)

Good luck for today!

Gem xx

So I know I haven't updated this for a while.. But week has been manic with work! This week has been my first full week of Cambridge.. Well until Wednesday when I was having an awful day and cheated. A chicken salad wrap and then scrambled eggs for dinner.. Not the worst binge but a binge none the less!

So weigh in day loomed (today) and I was dreading getting on the scales. My consultant is lovely.. Couldn't have been luckier in getting her! I don't want to know my weight but weekly losses are still motivating so for a while she's just telling me my losses... And to my absolute amazement I lost a massive 10lbs.. I know 5/6 of those is water weight but none the less I stood there shocked!

So this has really motivated me for this week. I will be 100% till Sunday, as I have my grans 80th birthday party which will be lovely! So it's good to have something to focus on I think!

So that's my week..

Well done on the 10lb Gemma you must be delighted! Don't worry it was great that you got back on track afterwards xxx

Thank you Molly! :) ha think I was more shocked than pleased at the time! Yeh was pleased to get my head back in the game!

How's your journey? You on ss? x

Yeah just finished week 2 of SS my weigh in is at 7pm tomorrow when I finish work so hoping for a good result then! I do really struggle on it some days, just missing flavour and texture!
Xxx

Yeah just finished week 2 of SS my weigh in is at 7pm tomorrow when I finish work so hoping for a good result then! I do really struggle on it some days, just missing flavour and texture! Xxx

Ah that's great well done! Good luck for your weigh in :) ah tell me about it! I seem to be strong till a certain point! But have to have a full week of being 100% as I have a party to focus on at the weekend :)

But totally agree about the texture and flavourings of things but the chocolate sachets have been my savour as well as the lemon yoghurt bars lol... It's the small things huh xx

I'm only allowed have bars this week, my consultant said have to do two weeks without! so haven't tried that one yet,had the peanut crunch tonight which I quite liked but my jaw is very sore from chewing! love chocolate and toffee & walnut.
Sachets! So I lost 6 pounds which brings me to the 1 stone loss! Wool hoo so delighted!

Had a party last weekend, just about managed to get through it on sparkling water! Xxx

I'm only allowed have bars this week, my consultant said have to do two weeks without! so haven't tried that one yet,had the peanut crunch tonight which I quite liked but my jaw is very sore from chewing! love chocolate and toffee & walnut. Sachets! So I lost 6 pounds which brings me to the 1 stone loss! Wool hoo so delighted! Had a party last weekend, just about managed to get through it on sparkling water! Xxx

Wow that's fantastic on week two!! You must be so happy! Wow a stone! And in two weeks? Congrats :)

I've got peanut bar for lunch tomorrow lol! Love them but I'm totally with you on the saw jaw lol! xx

Another 100% day...

Chicken and mushroom soup
Peanut bar
Chocolate sachet

Hoping I loose a minimum of 4lbs this week... Then that takes me to a stone in a fortnight!

Fingers crossed xx

Well done! Are you finding it harder or easier as you go along?
I put a crisp in my mouth earlier and then spit it out, I was like mmmm but then my conscience must have kicked in and said no you do NOT want this!
The bars are making me very very full, I only have choc orange left which is disgusting so I think I'll just stick with packets until I go back to my consultant next week. Xxx

Well done! Are you finding it harder or easier as you go along? I put a crisp in my mouth earlier and then spit it out, I was like mmmm but then my conscience must have kicked in and said no you do NOT want this! The bars are making me very very full, I only have choc orange left which is disgusting so I think I'll just stick with packets until I go back to my consultant next week. Xxx

Harder if I'm being honest!! And plus I've got so many social things booked in so I'm not having full weeks at the moment but as my consultant said, it can be helped!

I love the bars too much lol!! Could eat them all day long lol! Haven't tried the chocolate orange one so maybe I'll steer clear lol. xx

Harder if I'm being honest!! And plus I've got so many social things booked in so I'm not having full weeks at the moment but as my consultant said, it can be helped!

I love the bars too much lol!! Could eat them all day long lol! Haven't tried the chocolate orange one so maybe I'll steer clear lol. xx

STAY 100% CLEAR. Tried again today and still tastes like a foot. What other ones do you like? I'm going to trust you because we both like peanut! Trying to plan next weeks order!
Thats true, you can just do you're best when you can, I've had a few social events where I have managed to avoid food and drink but it can really be very very awkward!
It's so worth it when you start hitting you're targets, like you're first stone, getting under a certain weight, if you check my diary I have loads of mini goals at the start so I feel great when I can tick them off!

Heyyy...

Had the most amazing time at my grans 80th party/meal yesterday but back to the hard graft of this week. Have to have a 100% so I can enjoy Saturday!!

Only lost two pounds but still a loss even after the 10lbs the week before.. Maybe I'm wanting too much!

Decided to keep to the sachets, as nice as the bars were they were too much like real food for me and were tempting me to cheat.. Not good when you've only just restarted!

Hope your all getting on ok! xx

Back