Stepping Out of Cambridge

Soel

Final Time on Cambridge
Right, deep breath, I've decided to start this maintenance diary to try to help me keep on the maintenance track. I'm ashamed to say that I've got to target twice in the past but blown it and put weight back on. This time I am determined not to use the excuse of 'well I can always lose it again quick on CD'. It's not quick (this time) and it's not easy and I am not going to do Cambridge again (famous last words I know and they might just come back to bite me!)

Anyway, I'm now 2lb from goal weight of 9 stone having lost 43lb since 4 Jan. It's been a long slow slog this time. I'm still on 810 step until Wednesday - then I'll be going up to 1000 step 3. I know some people are a bit scared of eating carbs again but I can't blooming wait :) - again, famous last words!

Here's my plan of food to follow on Step 3 - 1000 cal:

Option 1
B: CD choc shake hot
L: Fruit salad (150 cals), yogurt (50)
D: Chicken/tuna, salad, rice (40g dry)
E: CD mint choc shake hot

Option 2
B: 1 scrambled egg on 1 granary toast
L: CD bar, fruit (50 cal)
D: Beef casserole (recipe from CD book) veg and small jacket potato 100g
E: Cd mint choc shake hot

The beef casserole is cooking in the slow cooker as I type. I've timed the ingredients by three so that should make 12 portions for my OH and myself which I'll freeze and just defrost the night before. Hopefully if I stay organised and plan my menu, I will still feel the benefit of structure that I experience on 810.

Sorry for such a long post, and I wish everyone the best of luck on this very difficult weight loss/maintenance journey. :)

Last but one day on 810. Had my normal hot choc shake this morning, bar at lunch and now I'm going to have chicken and salad. I stopped weighing the salad a couple of weeks ago to slowly increase me carbs. I've also been using tbsp of tiger red thai salad dressing - really yummy.

On my scales I've lost another lb this morning, so all good ready for Wednesdays start of step 3 :)

Going to re-read Gillian Riley's Eating Less book to go over some of her points about living with the feeling of not being satisfied. Big learning curve coming on I hope.

Hi popsteads, yes is the CD choc shake :). I put a bit of cold water in a large plastic jug, then add hot water up to 10 fluid oz level, pop the shake in then whizz it up using hand blender. I can't go back to having them cold now. On the evening I have the mint choc made up the same - something to look forward to when I'm watching my programmes :). I think I will miss them when I come off Cambrigde, but they are a bit expensive to buy as a daily drink.

How are you getting on with Cambridge? I'm on my iPhone so I can't see any profiles I'm afraid.

Hi im on iphone as well lol! Starting cambridge tomorrow! Tried it a few years back and it worked well,
Prob be only for a couple of weeks due to it being soooo expensive, but it should give me a kick start. What about you? How are you doing on it, will try making up the hot choc, what are the porridges like, they did not have them when i was on cd before x

Hi. Just popping by to say good luck. Maintenance is the real journey I look forward to seeing how you get on x

Popsteds said:
Hi im on iphone as well lol! Starting cambridge tomorrow! Tried it a few years back and it worked well,
Prob be only for a couple of weeks due to it being soooo expensive, but it should give me a kick start. What about you? How are you doing on it, will try making up the hot choc, what are the porridges like, they did not have them when i was on cd before x

Hi popsteads - good luck for your start tomorrow - it will really give you a good start, and you never know, perhaps it'll work out cheaper than food buying - i know i used to spend a fortune on 'extras' if you know what I mean lol.

One tip which might make the next couple of weeks easier for you is to have a'CD first aid kit' on hand. Mine included paracetamol, breath spray, travel toothbrush and mini toothpaste plus of course a bottle of water which seemed to be surgically attached to me too :). And have a go with trying the choc shakes hot, it's worth a go to see if you like them that way :)

I'm afraid I didn't like the porridge much, but it's all personal taste as some people love them. I've been on CD for 18 weeks now, 4 weeks Ss, 4 weeks ss+ and this last 10 on 810. Lost 3 stone 2 (including this mornings weight) so its taken me longer then others, but I've got here in the end!!

All the best for tomorrow - let me know how you get on :-( x

Rkmriddell said:
Hi. Just popping by to say good luck. Maintenance is the real journey I look forward to seeing how you get on x

Hi Rkmriddell, thanks for you kind wishes and good luck on your CD journey too :). I think it's going to be a tough this maintenance lark (which I've failed so many times before), but I'll record it 'warts and all' on this diary. Hopefully it'll help others when they reach this stage as well as helping me to keep to plan :)

Soel said:
Hi Rkmriddell, thanks for you kind wishes and good luck on your CD journey too :). I think it's going to be a tough this maintenance lark (which I've failed so many times before), but I'll record it 'warts and all' on this diary. Hopefully it'll help others when they reach this stage as well as helping me to keep to plan :)

And well support you all the way :) x

Soel

Best wishes with your journey.

I did sole source for 5 weeks, sole source plus for 1 and on second week of 810. Think I will probably move to 1000 in the next week or two so looking foward to hearing how you get on. I have stopped weighing my salad too- I add loads of lettuce etc.

Loss to date 2 stone 1 pound

Good luck

Aaah thanks hun, that's really kind. We'll blooming crack this maintenance!!!

Thankyou so much for your encouraging reply, i think you have done fab, iv been trying since jan to lose 1lb and no such luck, have tried every diet going, so this is my last resort
Good luck to you xx

Soel

I'm going to be on this maintenance journey with you!!

I feel so in control of my diet right now I really feel ready to move up plans. And I want to excercise too and really need to be on 1000for that or I can get dizzy!!

Popsteds said:
Thankyou so much for your encouraging reply, i think you have done fab, iv been trying since jan to lose 1lb and no such luck, have tried every diet going, so this is my last resort
Good luck to you xx

Hi Popsteds :). You CAN do this - just get through one day at a time and once you're in ketosis it'll get easier - promise. Try not to even give your mind the option of eating off plan so you're not constantly battling with yourself. Hope this makes sense lol. Let me know how you get on tomorrow - feel free to moan away, I'm right behind you. X

fireloss said:
Soel

I'm going to be on this maintenance journey with you!!

I feel so in control of my diet right now I really feel ready to move up plans. And I want to excercise too and really need to be on 1000for that or I can get dizzy!!

Hiya fireloss :). Thanks for your lovely post - 'welcome aboard the maintenance train' (probably more like a scooter to be honest) :). When are you going up 1000? I'm trying to keep the feeling of control I also felt on these other steps to maintenance - yikes.

I know what you mean about getting dizzy with exercise even on 810. I tried swimming a couple of weeks ago and I was so tired after half an hour I had to have a lie down in the afternoon!! I am a bit lazy though lol.

It'll be great to hear what you're eating and how you're getting on with going up the steps and beyond - good luck x

Last day of 810 today. Been to asda and bought some blueberries for £1 (not too bad a price I thought) and strawberries for my fruit salad tomorrow. I haven't eaten fruit since 4 Jan so I'm really looking forward to it - to be honest it's probably been longer than 4 Jan as I reached for rubbish food instead of fruit for a long time :-(

Working till 7 tonight so having my bar and last choc shake at work, then having chicken salad when I get home.

Don't know whether to weigh myself every morning when on 1000 or not. On one hand it'll be interesting to see how the scales move, but I don't know if I'm strong enough to not get depressed about gaining. Mmmm I'll see how I go. Any advice gratefully received! X

Soel said:
Last day of 810 today. Been to asda and bought some blueberries for £1 (not too bad a price I thought) and strawberries for my fruit salad tomorrow. I haven't eaten fruit since 4 Jan so I'm really looking forward to it - to be honest it's probably been longer than 4 Jan as I reached for rubbish food instead of fruit for a long time :-(

Working till 7 tonight so having my bar and last choc shake at work, then having chicken salad when I get home.

Don't know whether to weigh myself every morning when on 1000 or not. On one hand it'll be interesting to see how the scales move, but I don't know if I'm strong enough to not get depressed about gaining. Mmmm I'll see how I go. Any advice gratefully received! X

If you're not sure you're strong enough I wouldn't give yourself a threat that you dont need? Nm I love fruit. Enjoy your last 810 day x

Fruit oh I would love some blueberries and strawberries

I am always popping on the scales in the morning and will probably continue to do so on 1000. It's just a way for me to stay on track and focused even if it's up its motivation to knock it off again!!

Thanks for your replies lovelies, I think I'll just see how I feel after my first day on 1000. If I feel bloated I won't get on - ill suck it and see as they say :). Hope you're having a good day - weather's a lot better at least! Xx

Back