Stick Out Your Tongue....

Tootiefrootie

Wants it Gone!
hey guys has anyone else have black spots on their tongues and is it the "norm"?:wave_cry:

I have no black spots... although my tongue does look like i have been eating nuclear waste!!! I wouldn't worry too much - but, as others have said, best to check with the pharmacist/chemist. Let us know how you get on. Julia x

yeah I'll ring the chemist and see what they say..

Hahahahaha sooo salord Fi!!! xxx

Peggies?

Lumpyroo,ive looked this up in my nursing books and it comes up with two theories,one that they occur when you change your diet and two,the tastebuds may be inflamed.if your tongue was black all over then its a condition in itself.Best to check with pharmacist or your GP

Lumpyroo,ive looked this up in my nursing books and it comes up with two theories,one that they occur when you change your diet and two,the tastebuds may be inflamed.if your tongue was black all over then its a condition in itself.Best to check with pharmacist or your GP

thanks Shamrock... they are just little black specs that go when I scrub the tongue.. I will check with my pharmacist tomorrow just to be on the safe side!

Dont think they will do any harm as long as they arent sore x

no they arent sore at all, just a bit unpleasant to look at when i stick my tongue out :p

I tell you,mine looks like an old carpet so I try to keep my mouth shut as much as possible,my family really appreciate it!

Thank the lord!!!!!!!! im not alone i have them too :eek:

:pi had them too for about two days ... but they brushed off ... i brush my tongue all the time now ... if you use the listerine strips .. i reckoned it was from them cos they make your tongue a bit blue where it melts.. i posted about it too when i had them cos thought i had the lurgy! .. also ..something on net re if you are takin a lot of vitamins and mineral supplements they can leave spots on your tongue... i reckon if you brush your tongue every time you clean your teeth they will go mine never came back.. (started bout second week of diet).. if they dont go then yep pharmacist would be my next step... sharon.. x

thank god Im not alone:D Yeah when I brushed the tongue they went so off I went and bought a toothbrush with a tongue scraper...mmmmm

Brushing your tongue is great..i love it lol xx

i always feel like Im going to get sick though

I always brush my tongue! It makes my mouth feel so clean.

Just looked at it to check for black spots and it looks as though I used it to clean round the back of the taps! No black spots, just the same minging white coating I've always had :p

Back