Sticks & stones will break my bones, but names will make me work harder.

xSinead

Silver Member
New-ish diary, didn't like the title of my old one lol.

So i'm Sinead, i'm 22 and currently living in Essex with my partner & our puppy Bentley.
I'm italian & come from a huuuuge italian family, where Pizza & Pasta was a daily activity growing up :sigh:

I started Cambridge in 2008 for the first time, losing 3 andf a half stone in just 2 months! Unfortunately my mind didn't quite catch up with how well i was physically doing, so i fell off the wagon & a few years passed & of course.. i gained more than i had lost!

2nd march 2012, i joined Cambridge for the second (and final) time. Weighing 20 stone 8lb, i'm 5ft 7.
Can't say i was shocked when i got on the scales for the first time because i was kinda expecting it to be alot more.
16 weeks into the diet, i've lost 4 stone exactly & now weigh 16 stone 8lb.
This time is different for sure, my mind is completely on par with how well i am doing, i'm so proud of myself & i really like the person i cam becoming.

My goal is 11 stone by Christmas 2012.
To some, this may seem loads, to me it just seems a few months away & i am SO excited :) i WILL be 11 stone by christmas, and nothing will stand in my way.

I want to make my partner proud of me, i want to show both my family & friends that i CAN do something they probably never thought i was able of. I want to know what it feels like to wear size 12 clothes, what it feels like to wear skimpy clothes where i don't have to cover up, i want to book holidays, be able to walk for miles, i want to like myself which is something i've never done.

This picture was taken 12 weeks into my Cambridge journey..
12 weeks.jpg

& This is the first video diary i did a few weeks ago (next one will be when i hit the 15's so 2 weeks max!)
[video=youtube;1vjqKCD3Eo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vjqKCD3Eo4&feature=plcp[/video]

The brand new pjyamas i bought only 2 weeks ago that are a size 16 (i started this diet at a size 22) are fresh out the tumble dryer and hanging off me!! :D

The brand new pjyamas i bought only 2 weeks ago that are a size 16 (i started this diet at a size 22) are fresh out the tumble dryer and hanging off me!! :D

I love that! Well done you!!! x

Both mine & my girlfriends weigh in at 9am, less than an hour :)
My 17th weigh in & her second. How exciting!
She lost 9lb on her first week, i stayed the same last week.. got a feeling i'll beat her this week though haha ;) healthy compotition!! x

xSinead said:
She lost 9lb on her first week, i stayed the same last week.. got a feeling i'll beat her this week though haha ;) healthy compotition!! x

Good luck for both WI s!

xSinead said:

Good luck girls xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6lb off for me this week, 4lb for my girlfriend :D so happy! x x

Well done girls xxx
Is gf as in gf? Just nosey! Don't answer if don't want xxx
But well done to you both anyway fab losses xxx:)

Gf as in my amazing girlfriend of 5 years yup :D

xSinead said:
Gf as in my amazing girlfriend of 5 years yup :D

That's nice :) I asked cos I'm nosey but also cos you always sound so happy when you speak of her :) xxx
Well done both on your numbers, x

We're both very happy.. on the way to becoming skinny minnys (even though she's already one haha) x

xSinead said:
We're both very happy.. on the way to becoming skinny minnys (even though she's already one haha) x

That's cool :) x
Why she doing cd then?

Because she wants to support me and lose about a stone and a half :D she's perfect the way she is though and certainly not big! hehe

xSinead said:
Because she wants to support me and lose about a stone and a half :D she's perfect the way she is though and certainly not big! hehe

That's nice, good to have support :)
Xxx

Hiya, i really just want to find out Sinead if you're doing any exercise along with the diet? I'm looking to start the cambridge diet in the next few days and would like to know if you've done any exercise along with the diet to help support your weight loss? xx

Nope not really.
I do zumba on a tuesday night, but thats on and off as when we can make it (when my girlfriend doesnt have work)
and recently we got a puppy so i walk him 3 times a day!
Thats pretty much it :D

oh ok, thats really good. you've done exceptionally well, i only hope i can do as well as you. in january this year i weighed 15st7lb, i now weight 17st, i am at the heaviest i have ever been and am in serious need of a kick start and think the cambridge diet will help. you are an inspiration to me with your weight loss and reading about your progress and success so far makes me feel so much more confident that i can lose the weight i seriously need to lose :) thank you!!

Back