Stiff jaw

Book-Worm

Silver Member
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem as me. I'm incredibly stressed at the moment and it means my anxiety is back with a vengeance.

But because I don't have many opportunity to chew, my jaw is now incredibly tight. I was drinking a tetra yesterday and started chewing the straw out of frustration and it helped so much!

I ma on Step 2 so I have a little food but it doesn't really make my jaw work. And anyway, stress is a strong appetite suppressant so I end up skipping most of my Step 2 meals :(

I think I may have to try some sugar-free gum, see if it helps.

I am not asking for medical advice, really just want yo see if anyone had that before?

xxx

Ive had a stiff jaw for the last few days. I'm 13 days in and it's been bugging me a little :)

Ive had a stiff jaw for the last few days. I'm 13 days in and it's been bugging me a little :)

Well bayboy, I found the "antidote". I chew gum. I found some without sugar and vegetarian so I chew that. I know chewing gum is not recommended on the diet at the chewing can trigger hunger pangs, but it helps so much! I can now sleep! Yes, it was getting that bad. I went to see the nurse and she was starting to tell me that I would have to take a muscle relaxant as it was preventing me from sleeping properly. But I didn't want to because I was afraid it wouldn't be allowed on the diet.

Are you anxious as well by any chance?

Good luck with the weighloss, doing great so far :)

Anxious possibly, I am a full time secondry teacher and run my own buisness so always worrying about something :) might try the gum although I'm trying to go as "hardcore" as I can. Jaw seems to be better the last few days, maybe it was something to do with my sore throat.

Back