Extra Easy Still confused :-(

Sethyr

Still more questions I'm afraid :-(

Been looking through the 7-day menu plan on the sw website but I notice that not everything seems to have a third of each food type (on extra easy) are red, green and super free?

Are these just general menu plans and we have to adapt them depending on the plan we are on?

You don't have to have a third of each food type.... just a third superfree food.

Not sure what the meal planner is....if there are red and green day plans then there may not be superfree included, but there should be with extra easy days.

You can have an extra easy meal without red and green foods together.

Thanks for the reply! Although that's not how I understand it?

The consultant at my meeting showed a dinner plate divided into thirds and she said, a meal should consist of 2/3rds free food (red and green) and a third super free....so does that mean I can have 2/3rds all red or 2/3rds all green??

On an extra easy meal, you should have a third SuperFree (fruit veg ect.) and then the other two thirds should be free (meat, pasta rice ect.) on red and green days, you don't Need to have 1/3 SuperFree each meal (but it's a good idea) so the meal plans would be fine. If they are extra easy days you should add super free to them. (so on EE you can have a free spaghetti bolognase, and then have salad on the side)

Thanks but how does that work if I have spaghetti bolognese? If I have a mound of spaghetti and lashings of bolognese (thats how much the sw website tells you haha) then how do I have an equal amount if super free??

Sethyr said:
Thanks but how does that work if I have spaghetti bolognese? If I have a mound of spaghetti and lashings of bolognese (thats how much the sw website tells you haha) then how do I have an equal amount if super free??

I think the idea is that you would have the correct portion of superfree food on your plate and the reason being so you wouldnt need lashings and mounds of spag and bol. Portions goes by plate size with me everytime, not by the amount of food I can squeeze on it. Try not to overthink this... you'll get your head around it :)

something like spag bol you have onions and mushrooms (maybe) and peppers and the tomatoes - all superfree so it's incorporated in the sauce IYKWIM....... and to be a true EE meal you HAVE to have 1/3 of your plate super free. OR eat fruit afterwards as a 1/3 - provided it is very close to your main.

Charlie Woo Woo said:
I think the idea is that you would have the correct portion of superfree food on your plate and the reason being so you wouldnt need lashings and mounds of spag and bol. Portions goes by plate size with me everytime, not by the amount of food I can squeeze on it. Try not to overthink this... you'll get your head around it :)

Lashings and mounds is what SW suggests! Even on their lunch menu for jacket spud the say "a large jacket potato (or maybe 2!)" not my words ;-) .....

time2bslim said:
something like spag bol you have onions and mushrooms (maybe) and peppers and the tomatoes - all superfree so it's incorporated in the sauce IYKWIM....... and to be a true EE meal you HAVE to have 1/3 of your plate super free. OR eat fruit afterwards as a 1/3 - provided it is very close to your main.

Thanks! I don't like mushrooms but last time I had spag Bol I used garlic and a tin of chopped toms which are both SF foods and I also had a green salad with it for this reason...I just felt like a pig having a plate of spag Bol with a big bowl of salad on the side! Didn't really go together either lol

Charlie Woo Woo said:
are you following a 7 day planner? If so which one? I dind i loose more following them then i do planning myself on EE

Not following a 7 day plan, I was just having a nose through e website really and finding some ideas! :)

I have my first weigh in tonight and I honestly feel heavier now than when i started, ie eaten so much pasta and potato it's ridiculous!! Haha

Your 'lashings' of bolognese should be made with a high proportion of superfree veg in it to ensure you get portion control. If you just make a Spag bol as you would have done before hand then you won't be eating a SW friendly meal.

Its always worth bearing in mind that the 7 day menu planner is there to encourage people to join SW, and to make it sound like you won't be making any changes. Hence words like mounds & lashings are used. These are very subjective terms that mean different things to different people. Best advice is to stop when you are full and make sure your plate has 1/3rd superfree on it.

kingleds said:
Your 'lashings' of bolognese should be made with a high proportion of superfree veg in it to ensure you get portion control. If you just make a Spag bol as you would have done before hand then you won't be eating a SW friendly meal.

Its always worth bearing in mind that the 7 day menu planner is there to encourage people to join SW, and to make it sound like you won't be making any changes. Hence words like mounds & lashings are used. These are very subjective terms that mean different things to different people. Best advice is to stop when you are full and make sure your plate has 1/3rd superfree on it.

So in the sw recipe it says add 227g of mushrooms to the bolegnese....is this the high proportion of super free foods then?

I hate mushrooms so would have to substitute that with something and it would be ok?

I also noticed that garlic, onion and tinned tomato is super free?

I understand what your saying about the wording used but for new members you read what you read, a mound of spaghetti to me is just that, a mound! And I could eat a mound before I got full, but i probably wouldn't lose weight!

I understand what your saying about the wording used but for new members you read what you read, a mound of spaghetti to me is just that, a mound! And I could eat a mound before I got full, but i probably wouldn't lose weight!

No, but that's the point. There's nothing wrong with eating a "mound" of spaghetti. You just need to make sure you have a similar "mound" of SuperFree that would equate to 1/3 of your plate.

Princess_Stevie said:
No, but that's the point. There's nothing wrong with eating a "mound" of spaghetti. You just need to make sure you have a similar "mound" of SuperFree that would equate to 1/3 of your plate.

So I'll just eat my spag bol with a side salad then?

Don't over complicate things. If your bolognais e is made with tomatoes pepper onions and maybe grated carrot, there'd be plenty of superfree. Yes, a side salad is also good but ingredients count too.

Oops, may now have confused things more crossing with stevie's post!!

Honestly, the superfree thing really shouldn't be hard :)

Back