Still no scale movement

Lucy_Jucie

Silver Member
Grrrrrrr I haven't lost since Thursday I don't understand it, I've been 100% as well. I've still only lost 2lb, I know I should be happy, but I'm not lol. Any advice to speed up weight loss, I wonder if my metabolism is wrecked. Sorry for winging, my motivation is slowly going :-(

Just stick with it Lucy. Some people say that fat cells have memory and fill with water before they finally give up and let go so it could simply be that. Just keep saying to yourself that it's impossible to consume so few calories and not lose weight. I know it's hard but it will let go eventually! xx

BordersGirl said:
Just stick with it Lucy. Some people say that fat cells have memory and fill with water before they finally give up and let go so it could simply be that. Just keep saying to yourself that it's impossible to consume so few calories and not lose weight. I know it's hard but it will let go eventually! xx

Thanks Hun, I some times just need a prep talk lol. I know it's impossible not to lose weight but I'm a scales addict and from Monday I'm not going to weight my self untill the Friday so hope I get a surprise lol

I know all this because I was peed off this week and last by hardly any movement on the scales (less than 1lb) so I ate 2 bars and some cereal and stupidly kicked myself out of ketosis. Don't do what I did hun, just stick with it.

Yeah I am going to, I totally forgot I ate a half egg mayo sarin on Friday but it went straight through me, I thought it won't of effected me but I think it must of knocked me out of ketosis slightly as I felt hungry yest, I bet you that's why, god I'm so angy with my self, well fingers crossed for a better loss next week

step away from the scales or even better remove them from the house! I am so impatient when it comes to weight loss so I do sympathise but I have learnt the hard way that constant weighing only feeds the need to beat myself up more so as to justify another binge.

there could be a whole number of reasons why you are not seeing as good a loss as you would like but all you can do is hang in there, drink more water and focus on the positives - it will happen :)

when I next mention not being happy with a loss please remind me of the above :D

Starlight you have had some great losses so far and don't you dare get disheartened by 1 week of STS! :whoopass:

I totally understand Lucy, when i was on LT my losses were almost daily! but since changing the scales seem to stay the same until the WI which last week was only 1 lb, but i suppose its inevitable that the losses will slow! im vary my packs abit this week to see if i can speed things up, if not im re-feeding next week then hitting it hard the week after as i have a few special events coming that include alcohol, im not missing out!

Just stick with and no your not alone we all feel like this at times, im a serial weigher too, which doesnt help!

Thing is tho if I sts today I've only lost 8lbs in 4 weeks. That's rubbish and not worth doing a VLCD for

You sound like me Starlight ;) :). I'm keeping on going tho (having a break this weekend, restarting tomorrow) as I don't have a decent alternative and still want to lose the weight.

And I just looked and it's only the last 4 weeks that you've 'only' done 8lbs (if you don't lose today). Look at the 4 weeks up to last week and you 14lbs so that's dead on target for the stone a month. You need to keep going for at least another couple of weeks and I bet things start to improve.

Trouble is I find that WW is too slow and too prone to cheating (by me!) to actually lose weight. A VLCD is the way I can get my head into gear to lose weight in a way that other diets just don't do that. I think it would be okish for maintenance although I'm planning on trying low GI when I get to goal. Just ordered a book about it from Ebay to see if I think it will work for me.

8lbs a month is just far far too slow for me. The only reason Im doing a VLCD is for the fast results. If Im not getting them I cant see any point in all the sacrifices Im making. 600kcals a day and Im losing 2lbs a week???? According to MFP I should be losing 2lbs a week eating 1800 kcals. The thing that keeps me going is the scales, rightly or wrongly and when theyre not moving its just not worth it

Grrrrrrr I haven't lost since Thursday I don't understand it, I've been 100% as well. I've still only lost 2lb, I know I should be happy, but I'm not lol. Any advice to speed up weight loss, I wonder if my metabolism is wrecked. Sorry for winging, my motivation is slowly going :-(
Look at the positives hun....how much you've lost, how you feel so much better than before you'd lost. I'd say a vlcd is a massive shock to the body so it's bound to freak out every now and again ;) Stick with it, you know you're worth it :D
Jackie xx

I understand wat people are saying, if i lose 2 lb a week its not worth the torture, i might aswell do slimming world and exercise for 2 lb a week. Ill do this untill easter and see what happend x

its so disheartening when you dont see results isnt it. Like the others have said, it feels like you may as well be attending a normal slimming club for that. Stick with it though. Its a physical impossibility to eat 500-600 calories a day and not lose so maybe your body is just having a funny 5 minutes and is hanging on, it will start moving!

If you are following the plan to the letter, try not weighing for a while? I am weighing on Tuesday, then my husband is under strict instructions to hide my scales until 31st March!! I know that's a really long time and I'm not suggesting you do the same but maybe if you weigh every day, try once a week, or if you weigh every week, try once a fortnight? Take the obsession away for a bit and rely on how you feel and how your clothes feel?

Do you really lose 2lb a week on SW? No one I know who does SW, WW or whatever seems to lose that much, that consistently. You see people who move onto a VLCD because their SW / WW losses are far too slow, or people who have gone over to WW and then come back again because the losses were far too slow.

Back