Stirfry?

Emb77

Hi I'm not the best cook. Ive never made a stir fry , only because I'm worried about it ether just tasting of to many veg or being bland. Can anyone give me an easy recipe for stir fry with chicken. Obviously the tastier the better. Thanks x

I add, soy sauce, garlic & ginger when I make a stir fry & just put in whatever veggies/meat I feel like eating at the time;)

I use oyster sauce, 4 tbsp (45g), its 1 1/2 syns per tbsp or per 15g, my stirfry would serve 3 people so its only working out at 2 syns each, I also use chilli flakes, garlic (lots) & ginger, some dark soy sauce and a little bit of water (if you want more sauce) serve it with rice and you have a lovely stirfry! :)

I use Hoi Sin in my stir frys....1.5 syns per tbsp, with some soy sauce to loosen the consistancy

I use ready prepared pack of stir fry then add whatever I fancy for the sauce but generally soy, garlic, chilli. I sometimes use sweet chilli sauce (2 SYNS for 1 level )

Its delicious & not sure how to describe the flavour really, but its the same sort of sauce used for duck, pancakes, spring onions & cucumber from the Chinese restaurant/takeaway. You can buy it any supermarket, or we get it from the chinese warehouse shop.

I make a stir fry sauce by using 2tbsp soy sauce, 2 cms fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped, splash of water and 2tsp sugar (you can use sweetener for same flavour but its worth the syns to get a lovely sticky consistency) boil it all up for a few mins and I use it to marinate the meat before stirfrying, then add it at the end once all the meat and veg in the pan are cooked to give it a nice sauce. Remember if you marinate in the sauce it needs to be cooked throughly for a few mins before serving as its had raw meat in it. It's my fave dinner and you can experiment with different amounts, add garlic or chilli if you like. I love stir fry I have it at least twice every week! X

Back