Stomach Pains

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Spotty Teapot, 24 June 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    Has anyone experienced stomach pains since they started dieting..I seem to be getting them quite a lot lately (not doing anything different) and I just wondered if it was par for the course, or something I should be keeping an eye on.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find I get a lot fewer stomach aches since I've been on SW; I used to have pretty much constant indigestion.

If you're feeling worried about your tummy aches, perhaps keep a food diary and note down when your pains come on? Then you might be able to spot a pattern. (With me, for example, I know that if I eat more fibre than usual, that usually upsets my tum.)

Another thought: have you been doing more exercise than usual, or doing sit-ups? I find a food-related stomach ache can often be indistinguishable from a strained/overworked-muscle stomach ache.

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    When I dieted when I was younger I used to get it all the time, it was agonising. In those days Id have an apple or a tin of peas for lunch and that was it.

Nowadays eating so much more on SW I dont get them so I dont know if its just not eating enough, I used to feel like my stomach was digesting itself :sigh:

5. HelsAngel

HelsAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    I've been suffering from sporadic pains too. I've checked my food diary from when it hurts and narrowed it down to when I had a lot of pasta or strawberries. I didn't eat a lot of pasta before sw so maybe mine is starchy carbs. Also, I started on the whole scan bran last week and it's worked wonders. Only had a mild ache this week opposed to crippling pain week before.

6. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I seem to have started getting tum pains if i eat white bread, not good at all .... then on saturday I was out for a meal with family and had a couple of chips which had been fried and by the time i had driven home, i was in agony so I dont know but will keep an eye on things and like someone else posted, keep a food diary to see if there is a trigger xx

7. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    Thanks all, I will keep an eye on it.

I've noticed too that if I eat anything rich now I get severe pains, but it's not only then.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.