Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Stomach Pains

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Spotty Teapot, 24 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    Has anyone experienced stomach pains since they started dieting..I seem to be getting them quite a lot lately (not doing anything different) and I just wondered if it was par for the course, or something I should be keeping an eye on.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find I get a lot fewer stomach aches since I've been on SW; I used to have pretty much constant indigestion.

If you're feeling worried about your tummy aches, perhaps keep a food diary and note down when your pains come on? Then you might be able to spot a pattern. (With me, for example, I know that if I eat more fibre than usual, that usually upsets my tum.)

Another thought: have you been doing more exercise than usual, or doing sit-ups? I find a food-related stomach ache can often be indistinguishable from a strained/overworked-muscle stomach ache.

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    When I dieted when I was younger I used to get it all the time, it was agonising. In those days Id have an apple or a tin of peas for lunch and that was it.

Nowadays eating so much more on SW I dont get them so I dont know if its just not eating enough, I used to feel like my stomach was digesting itself :sigh:

5. HelsAngel

HelsAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    I've been suffering from sporadic pains too. I've checked my food diary from when it hurts and narrowed it down to when I had a lot of pasta or strawberries. I didn't eat a lot of pasta before sw so maybe mine is starchy carbs. Also, I started on the whole scan bran last week and it's worked wonders. Only had a mild ache this week opposed to crippling pain week before.

6. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I seem to have started getting tum pains if i eat white bread, not good at all .... then on saturday I was out for a meal with family and had a couple of chips which had been fried and by the time i had driven home, i was in agony so I dont know but will keep an eye on things and like someone else posted, keep a food diary to see if there is a trigger xx

7. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    Thanks all, I will keep an eye on it.

I've noticed too that if I eat anything rich now I get severe pains, but it's not only then.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.