Stomach shrinking :)

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Has anyone else found this? Ive done sw loads in past but never committed as much as i am now, even though i started off eating loads of free food/superfree etc i was still eating very large portions, but lately my stomach has really shrunk and im finding im only managing smaller portions and not snacking as much :) this is a very good thing lol

Anyone else think thrir stomach has shrunk sinces starting sw? X

Hi there, yes definately. Its just a bonus isnt it? S W rocks :)

Some of the negative comments I've read about SW not working were mainly about the lack of portion control and therfore it was too easy to overeat. The thing I love about SW is that you have the comfort of knowing you can eat as much as you need to of free and superfree foods while the flexi syn approach gives you another bit of support. Like you say I'm finding my appetite is shrinking and my portions are having to shrink in proportion too. I now eat until I'm full and have to put less on my plate as I was starting to feel sick eating the same amount as I used to.

sheryland said:
Some of the negative comments I've read about SW not working were mainly about the lack of portion control and therfore it was too easy to overeat. The thing I love about SW is that you have the comfort of knowing you can eat as much as you need to of free and superfree foods while the flexi syn approach gives you another bit of support. Like you say I'm finding my appetite is shrinking and my portions are having to shrink in proportion too. I now eat until I'm full and have to put less on my plate as I was starting to feel sick eating the same amount as I used to.

Yes i kept hearing comments like that but eventually i suppose your stomach doesnt yearn for all the fatty food to fill it up as not had much of it for long time therefore shrinking :) lol its definately a science :)

Definately, I went out yesterday with a group and we went to an Italian. Everybody had cheesey garlic bread except me, i just didnt want it as I had a lasagna and that really filled me up nicely. I wasnt overful that would never have happened 2 years ago. And I didnt crave it either while everyone else was tucking in. The latte coffee was nice after though, but just took it off my milk allowance approximately.

hollys nan said:
Definately, I went out yesterday with a group and we went to an Italian. Everybody had cheesey garlic bread except me, i just didnt want it as I had a lasagna and that really filled me up nicely. I wasnt overful that would never have happened 2 years ago. And I didnt crave it either while everyone else was tucking in. The latte coffee was nice after though, but just took it off my milk allowance approximately.

I don't mind when everyone else is having starters and I'm not .... In fact I tend not to leave any mains now so I'm not wasting anything or forcing it all down and feeling sick after

jezzi999 said:
I agree - I hear again and again people saying the problem with SW is that it doesn't teach you portion control - but for me it's happening naturally.

The first couple of months I ate huge portions, but I lost steadily - calorie wise it was still a million times better than my pre-SW period, so overall I was making a loss.

Then in the last couple of months, my portion control has naturally adjusted. I don't feel the need to ram my plate full of food, nor eat it all. Whereas before OH and I would make a whole pasta bake and eat it all, now we eat half and put the other half in the fridge for the next day.

I tend to do smaller portions because if I'm still hungry after I can top up on fruit and I hate waste too so it makes a meal go further

cat yoyo greaves said:
I tend to do smaller portions because if I'm still hungry after I can top up on fruit and I hate waste too so it makes a meal go further

Just told my OH that im going to start using a smaller plate for meals and if still hungry afterwards i will eat fruit x so thank you for your comment :) x

Back